Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Football/Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Yes, Barca's attitude towards most teams in the Spanish league is not one of respect. That is what I was trying to say. They play big vs Real and that's about it. League had been won and that's why the changes in squad and tactics. And being invincible might not be such a big thing as in the Premiership.
    So, you're not saying that the undefeated season was important in a vacuum, but that Barca's arrogance led to them to believe it was a foregone conclusion? I think I understand now. However, I think the players definitely wanted it. When Pique came off of the bench you could just see the leadership and spark he provided. It was just too late. They were discombobulated at the back. I would find it hard to believe if Messi did not want to play, all for a mid-week friendly in Africa. I think this came down from Valverde at the very least, if not the top.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, you're not saying that the undefeated season was important in a vacuum, but that Barca's arrogance led to them to believe it was a foregone conclusion? I think I understand now. However, I think the players definitely wanted it. When Pique came off of the bench you could just see the leadership and spark he provided. It was just too late. They were discombobulated at the back. I would find it hard to believe if Messi did not want to play, all for a mid-week friendly in Africa. I think this came down from Valverde at the very least, if not the top.
    Yep you got me alright now. Also, one of my closest friends from highschool days is a huge Barca fan and we always had fun having a go at each other, but as you say we agreed that the one thing pulling them back lately is indeed Valverde. They wouldn't have allowed this under Pep

Blog Entries

What bothered me most, watching that match, is that they looked fine going forward, until they gave up the two at the back. Even without Messi, they likely win if they start Pique and Umtiti.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

And Pep, the genius with no social skills, can pretty much name his price now.

anyways big game tonight. my favs from france are heavily underdogs to the other madrid team and this is their only chance to make the CL next season so... let's Aux Armes

Aux armes
    Aux armes
    Nous sommes les marseillais
    Nous sommes les marseillais
    Et nous allons gagner
    Et nous allons gagner
    Allez l’OM, allez l’OM

Blog Entries

Marseilles down 0-1.

pfff they never had a chance last night, shows that french football can't really compare to the spanish leagues right now (psg never had a chance vs real in CL either)

but man, whoever gets the griezmann will land a top player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    pfff they never had a chance last night, shows that french football can't really compare to the spanish leagues right now (psg never had a chance vs real in CL either)

but man, whoever gets the griezmann will land a top player
    You mean Barca?

Blog Entries

Ramos just pulled a Judo move on Salah. Lol. That dirty motherfucker.

Blog Entries

And Salah is out.

I'm excited for the World Cup for the first time ever.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm excited for the World Cup for the first time ever.
    Well, Salah might be a question mark for that, thanks to Ramos.