Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT: Football/Soccer Thread

Congratulations to Manchester City for being the first team to notch 100 points in a season. 100 points out of a possible 114 is absurdity personified. Barcelona are two matches away from being the first team to go unbeaten in a La Liga season. Mohammed Salah is breaking records and his Ballon D'or bid will be on the line against a team looking to become the first to win three consecutive Champions League titles.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: OT: Football/Soccer Thread

Yeah, but LFC beat them 3 times and playing in the CL final too.
    Barca also lost last night...
    Man, you're really not having a good year at this sport.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    Yeah, but LFC beat them 3 times and playing in the CL final too.
    Barca also lost last night...
    Man, you're really not having a good year at this sport.
    City reaching 100 points is okay for me. I was glad to see Barca win the double, because nobody had them winning the league before the season. I think that had Coutinho been allowed to play the Champions League, they would have done even better.

On the other hand, can someone explain to me how you don't even have Messi available on the bench, over a mid-week friendly?! AND you make TWO substitutions to your back line on top of that, to a team with nothing to lose, in their house, that was dying to beat you. Hasn't anyone learn yet, that it's the Levante's of the world who catch you this time of the year?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Soccer? Are they still playing that thing? I thought that they shut that thing down until the summer of 2022 when they'll allow better, more important nations to be in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Soccer? Are they still playing that thing? I thought that they shut that thing down until the summer of 2022 when they'll allow better, more important nations to be in it.
    Please, it's the biggest money making sport in the world.

World cup will be interesting.. shame USA did not qualify but ill be watching.

I try so hard to care about soccer, but I just can't. The shame is a few simple rule changes could make it such a more watchable sport but they will never do it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    I try so hard to care about soccer, but I just can't. The shame is a few simple rule changes could make it such a more watchable sport but they will never do it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    ahmmm, (too many) rule changes kind of damage all watchable sports... so better leave the game as is from that perspective

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    City reaching 100 points is okay for me. I was glad to see Barca win the double, because nobody had them winning the league before the season. I think that had Coutinho been allowed to play the Champions League, they would have done even better.

On the other hand, can someone explain to me how you don't even have Messi available on the bench, over a mid-week friendly?! AND you make TWO substitutions to your back line on top of that, to a team with nothing to lose, in their house, that was dying to beat you. Hasn't anyone learn yet, that it's the Levante's of the world who catch you this time of the year?
    City reaching the hundred points is no big feat, some other team will do that again (but that's just my opinion), when the unbeatable season that Arsenal had on the other hand now that's something really hard to come by; and as bad as they've been lately, LFC still had the most UCL titles of any english team (won't say a word of city here as they've got none, ohhh wait!)

Barca had it all wrapped after the Real game, there was absolutely nothing left for them to play and they also believed that everything is a walk in the park for them in the spanish league this season; that's why Real is a better team than them in terms of overall titles (more emphasis on continental here too, though domestically is pretty much the same), the club mentality is different

and that is why Germany should be top favs to win the World cup this year; played in Europe, so Brazil won't do much, Argentina will phase out at some point and the others well they're just not there; but hey, it's always fun to watch, just in case an "old" Cameroon comes about

ahmmm, (too many) rule changes kind of damage all watchable sports... so better leave the game as is from that perspective
    The offsides rule drives me absolutely crazy. I know this will never happen, but if they could change it to a line similar to hockey it would very much help the scoring chances and get us out of 0-0, 0-1, 1-1 games. If I could pick only one rule to change that would be it.

Blog Entries

City reaching the hundred points is no big feat, some other team will do that again (but that's just my opinion), when the unbeatable season that Arsenal had on the other hand now that's something really hard to come by; and as bad as they've been lately, LFC still had the most UCL titles of any english team (won't say a word of city here as they've got none, ohhh wait!)

Barca had it all wrapped after the Real game, there was absolutely nothing left for them to play and they also believed that everything is a walk in the park for them in the spanish league this season; that's why Real is a better team than them in terms of overall titles (more emphasis on continental here too, though domestically is pretty much the same), the club mentality is different

and that is why Germany should be top favs to win the World cup this year; played in Europe, so Brazil won't do much, Argentina will phase out at some point and the others well they're just not there; but hey, it's always fun to watch, just in case an "old" Cameroon comes about
    On one hand you mention the Invincibles, but then say Barca had nothing left to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    On one hand you mention the Invincibles, but then say Barca had nothing left to play for.
    Yes, Barca's attitude towards most teams in the Spanish league is not one of respect. That is what I was trying to say. They play big vs Real and that's about it. League had been won and that's why the changes in squad and tactics. And being invincible might not be such a big thing as in the Premiership.