Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: retrospectively grading 2014 Draft by SI and MMQB: Ravens =B?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Interesting thought, Delta. Kind of reminds me of this draft. There were threads about which WR we were going after, with many varying opinions. We didn't get a one of them So, will we regret that too in a few years? ... Bc
    I hope not, but my gut tells me we will. That's why I am not a fan of this year's draft.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Safety, WR and actually TE's have been a sore spot in the draft honeslty
    Hell, why not say every position except defensive lineman, lol.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Gilmore had an impact until he went on ir year two. Unfortunately the year he looked best was the year the test of the team took off,then he got hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. You don't draft to help some other team so the fact the Jernigan did well with the Eagles or that Campanaro signed with the Titans doesn't mean much to me. How did they do as Ravens is what matters and Mosley is the only one who really had an impact with this team. Grade = C
    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jernigan was a good R2 pick. The Ravens got value from him for 3 years then they traded him (from a position of significant depth) for draft capital equivalent to the end of round 3.

He contributed to the 2014 pass rush success as a rookie, including 306 defensive snaps. The 4-man rush unit of McPhee, Suggs, Dumervil, and Jernigan was the NFL's best in the 2nd half of that season.

For a player like Jernigan, who has obviously found greater success with the Eagles, it's important to realize you have to harvest all the value you can in those first 4 seasons. Success after that stays with the team only at market value.