Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

Great article on Jackson. FInally some honesty

This deserves its own thread.

I am sure people will Flame away with their ignorance but it is honest review of him and why Ravens fans shouldn't be so quick to dismiss our current starting QB.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018...lamar-jackson/

Re: Great article on Jackson. FInally some honesty

Waaaaahhhhhhh! Waahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

It's funny... if anybody posted an article like this about Flacco you're panties would be in a bunch... but here you are, doing the same shit to LJ...LJ is the future, get over it....

Shout out to billy da kid in the comments... pretty much sums up my thoughts on this article...

its amazing how statistics can be used to make two opposite points about the same data set. A point by point rebuttal to your explanations:

1.) Completion Percentage: you contradicted your own argument by admitting that Josh Allen has a worse completion percentage, yet he has never been talked about as anything but a potential franchise QB. Furthermore, Lamar Jackson (and everybody around him or outside observers) admit that he is raw, but he has also only been trained as a drop back qb for two years. His completion percentage increased by almost 500 basis points in 3 years of college ball. Not to far of a stretch to say then he can get his completion percentage even higher with the right OC, creative play calling, and good quarterback coaching.

2.) Rush yards. Yes i want the running back to get more carries and yards, but on the same token, teams can load up in the box to stop a running back; if its the quarterback running, teams are much more hesitant to bring in an extra man for fear of the pass. Furthermore, Russel Wilson is a athletic running QB who has won a super bowl and learned to pass in the pocket, why inst' the best comparison Russell Wilson, as opposed to RG3?

3.) Scheme Fit/Coaching: it is widely agreed across league insiders (just watch the draft reaction around the league with scouts/analysts that are insiders) that the Ravens have the best staff possible in place for building an offense around Lamar. Say what you will about Marty, but he had no talent last year, and has shown he can produce top 10 offenses in Philly, particularly with a mobile quarterback. Throw in run game guru Greg Roman and James Urban, Jackson should improve drastically if he has the right mindset (which by all anecdotal accounts he certainly does.)

4.) Running Quarterback Misnomer: Lamar Jackson was not a Mike Vick in college. His runs were often designed runs. When it was a pass play call, and he broke contain, his eyes ALWAYS remained downfield. Often times there were no options so he ran but the fact that his first reaction is to pass is significant and a major difference between him and the likes of RG3 or Mike Vick. True; running quarterbacks don't last forever in the league, but mobile quarterbacks can last a long time if they utilize their talents in the right situations and don't leave themselves open for the big hit (A lesson the ravens surely in part brought in RG3 to teach Lamar)

5.) In Summation: In general you are taking the Lamar Jackson pick completely out of context. Most teams who don't have a top 5 pick, are all but required to mortgage their future to get a potential franchise quarterback. The fact that we gave up one second round pick to secure our QB of the next few years at least is an absolute steal and cannot be viewed in any other way. If Lamar flames out you can put 50% of it on the coaches; the kid appears to be the real deal and we got him for a second rd pick!!!!!!!!

Drafting a QB to play in the NFL is a total crap-shoot.

At one time, Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf were considered to be of equivalent value.

These guys were drafted before the Seahawks took Russell Wilson in the 2012 draft:
    > Andrew Luck
    > Robert Griffin
    > Ryan Tannenhill
    > Brandon Weeden
    > Brock Osweiler

I like the move because it gives them an option should Flacco continue to regress. And if they can get decent QB play while paying a rookie QB salary, that is huge when it comes to cap management.

Will Jackson be any good? I don't know, and anybody that says they do are just guessing/hoping.

Blog Entries

You're wasting your time, dude. Anything that differs from the hive mind mentality that LJ is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Ravens is wrong. And it's likely going to be that way until three-four years from now, when he's proven to be a horrible NFL QB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You're wasting your time, dude. Anything that differs from the hive mind mentality that LJ is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Ravens is wrong. And it's likely going to be that way until three-four years from now, when he's proven to be a horrible NFL QB.
    Considering your twitter handle is @stopthatmonkey1... I'm not surprised you feel that way lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Considering your twitter handle is @stopthatmonkey1... I'm not surprised you feel that way lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Just keeping it real...

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    This deserves its own thread.

I am sure people will Flame away with their ignorance but it is honest review of him and why Ravens fans shouldn't be so quick to dismiss our current starting QB.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018...lamar-jackson/
    Without even reading the article, I can say that 100% of articles are labeled "honest" only if the poster agrees with them.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

lol saw been waiting for a week to post something like this

FILTHY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Not meant to be taken in that way and I've actually recently changed it because someone mentioned it could be. I just haven't updated it here. It's a line from a game called Ape Escape on PS1. I am analytical not creative and I was when I heard it so I thought it would make a good/funny tag (it's my XBL tag too but I haven't changed it there because it costs money). At least it was better than my old PS3 one JoeFlacco4God.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52