Page 68 of 153 FirstFirst ... 6667686970 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

That boy loovesssssss pancakes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    That boy loovesssssss pancakes!!!
    I’m wary about small school OL highlights. I thought Alex Cappa from Humboldt had some incredible highlights, but he’s been pretty much invisible for the Bucs (although he has been injured on occasion).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ade-up-for-qb/

Would love if this is how the draft plays out.

How does Devin White compare to last years Roquan Smith. I looked at their college numbers and they are pretty similar.

What if we franchise tagged Mosley and drafted this guy. One team I dont think he would get by if he did fall is the Steelers. But the kid has some wheels and acceleration. Ray Lewis esq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2vg38N3k40

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I feel like Sean Payton was ahead of the curve on this. He signed Ben Grubbs away from us, and I think has made other similar moves. A very strong interior OL lets Drew Brees step up and throw. If you're the Pats, the very last thing you can tolerate is the middle of the O-line getting pushed into Tom Brady's face.

Interior OL now is sort of like the LT was in the 80s/90s. Maybe?
    I still think the premier athletes on the Oline will play LT, but I think from a "Draft Value" or contract value...we will see G/C being picked earlier in the draft. It wasnt too long ago you didnt even think about G's or C early in the draft.

if that makes sense...
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ade-up-for-qb/

Would love if this is how the draft plays out.

How does Devin White compare to last years Roquan Smith. I looked at their college numbers and they are pretty similar.

What if we franchise tagged Mosley and drafted this guy. One team I dont think he would get by if he did fall is the Steelers. But the kid has some wheels and acceleration. Ray Lewis esq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2vg38N3k40
    If you're drafting Devin White why would you keep Mosley?

If they keep Mosley they're not going ILB. Peanut and Young showed ability to play the WILL last year.

I'd only see this move making sense if they're moving on from Mosley and spending FA dollars elsewhere (Hopefully in this case iOL and FS)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If you're drafting Devin White why would you keep Mosley?

If they keep Mosley they're not going ILB. Peanut and Young showed ability to play the WILL last year.

I'd only see this move making sense if they're moving on from Mosley and spending FA dollars elsewhere (Hopefully in this case iOL and FS)
    Ravens fans want 11 MLBs on the field at all times
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Ravens fans want 11 MLBs on the field at all times
    I was being lazy and wasn't sure if the draft was before or after the franchise deadline. Since its before then your right go ahead and let Mosley walk. Or if you think he signs the tag and you can trade him for a third or better do that.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I’m wary about small school OL highlights. I thought Alex Cappa from Humboldt had some incredible highlights, but he’s been pretty much invisible for the Bucs (although he has been injured on occasion).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should be wary of any small school highlights. Scouting these guys properly is where the professional scouts earn their money.

Cappa, I like him too with the understanding that he is a project. He needs good coaching and also needs to be coachable.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I still think the premier athletes on the Oline will play LT, but I think from a "Draft Value" or contract value...we will see G/C being picked earlier in the draft. It wasnt too long ago you didnt even think about G's or C early in the draft.

if that makes sense...
    As long as I've been looking at the draft (since 1998), superlative OG/C prospects have always gone early. Starting with future HOF guard Alan Faneca.

Jimmy Kempski@JimmyKempski 24h24 hours agoMore

Howie said the 2019 draft is very strong at DE and DT. Called it “historic.”

Jordan Reid@JReidNFL 15h15 hours agoMore

Over at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, I have heard that former Arkansas G Hjalte Froholdt (6’4”, 306) and Vanderbilt QB Kyle Shurmur (6’4”, 224) have been among some of the early standouts.