Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I agree. That would give us solid OLB depth (Suggs, Judon, Z. Smith, T. Williams, Correa), but I don't know if that's feasible at this point. In the rare times I got to see highlights and one ravens game it looked to me that Correa had bulked up fairly well to look like an ILB. He can always recomp his body and regain some speed and explosion, in which case him and Bowser on the field would give some terrific speed and athleticism. We'll see. I'm hopeful like most people on these boards, but I'm close to mailing it in on Correa and moving on.
    While it may be a long-shot, let's have faith that Correa can do what Paul Kruger did... Bc

Harbaugh will make him our punter.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Harbaugh will make him our punter.
    I'm willing to bet harbaugh won't be the coach when this kid is draftable. So no worries

I'm willing to bet harbaugh won't be the coach when this kid is draftable. So no worries
    Hold my beer.

So based off this preseason so far should OL be our #1 priority/concern? Or is it still WR?

So based off this preseason so far should OL be our #1 priority/concern? Or is it still WR?
    Way too early to even guess about this pic. But I will agree that OL is the early odds on favorite. Yanda getting near the end and question marks to the level of play we will see from the other G and Center position, the entire interior of the line may need new guys next year. We really have no idea.

WR will be a question mark also with who comes back. Does Brown? Perrimen will be gone. That leaves Moore, Lesley and Scott. Do they step up or do they want to bring in a young guy to grow with LJ? Who knows.

ILB. Do they sign Mosley to a massive deal? If they let him walk, ILB instantly becomes a massive need.

The dark horse for me is either S position. Neither Jefferson or Weddle had good years last year and neither of them are getting younger. If they both continue to regress this year, I could see the Ravens taking an impactful safety in round 1. Our cupboard is pretty bare in terms of future S talent. Safety is also a position where the game changers are taken early in the draft. The Ravens are pretty good at drafting OL later and getting return on them. That is the only reason why I believe a Safety will be the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Way too early to even guess about this pic. But I will agree that OL is the early odds on favorite. Yanda getting near the end and question marks to the level of play we will see from the other G and Center position, the entire interior of the line may need new guys next year. We really have no idea.

WR will be a question mark also with who comes back. Does Brown? Perrimen will be gone. That leaves Moore, Lesley and Scott. Do they step up or do they want to bring in a young guy to grow with LJ? Who knows.

ILB. Do they sign Mosley to a massive deal? If they let him walk, ILB instantly becomes a massive need.

The dark horse for me is either S position. Neither Jefferson or Weddle had good years last year and neither of them are getting younger. If they both continue to regress this year, I could see the Ravens taking an impactful safety in round 1. Our cupboard is pretty bare in terms of future S talent. Safety is also a position where the game changers are taken early in the draft. The Ravens are pretty good at drafting OL later and getting return on them. That is the only reason why I believe a Safety will be the first pick.
    Oh I wasn't so much asking for a prediction. I was just wondering what the priorities should be. I think after this past draft I was in the camp that maybe our skilled position guys will be ok. I kind of liked lasley and I like Hurst in the first. I thought they could be difference makers. I think these are our needs as of right now: OL, S, WR, ILB and probably in that order. Things could change. Pity there aren't too many good safeties in this upcoming draft. I do agree we need one because waddle and Jefferson will be liabilities soon enough

OL or MLB

Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    OL or MLB
    Well I'm assuming they resign Mosley, and I really like Kenny Young. I think Young deserves the other starting ILB spot. I feel like we just need some depth there. But if Mosley doesn't get resigned then we have a problem.

11. Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

It's definitely an offensive position, whatever that position is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon King Onaga View Post
    It's definitely an offensive position, whatever that position is.
    Minus QB right?