Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

I'd have rather we drafted Clapp AND Bozeman. Some good comp for the C spot and more interior OL depth.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'd have rather we drafted Clapp AND Bozeman. Some good comp for the C spot and more interior OL depth.
    Now you're talkin' GWNR. These guys have been "players" at their respective colleges, I would rather take a flyer on them that someone like Senat who likely will be on the P.S. then jettisoned in a couple of years... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Monster interior DL class. Comparable to 2014 for WR. I really do think Ozzie knew he wouldn't be able to help himself, so he bailed.

Justin Herbert is still my guy at QB, but that's obviously off the board for the Ravens now.

I'd predict the draft needs to be ILB, WR, OL, RB, CB
    It is. And I'd actually be ok if they took a DL in this class. Just because I feel like you'll get a sryd who can great interior pressure and stop the run.
    I personally like Wilkins. He's smart, he's a leader, he's an experienced senior, he loves the game and he's got a great motor.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I believe Wickedsolo feels the same way you do. IMO Bowser is Suggs replacement, but that's a matter of opinion of course... Bc
    I'm all for him being Suggs' replacement. I'm just going off of this past season. Didn't he get most of his snaps at an ILB spot? I could be wrong though. I didn't get to watch much.
    Regardless he's an incredible athlete, high upside, produced greatly on limited snaps, seems to be a playmaker. I just want him on the field

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I'm all for him being Suggs' replacement. I'm just going off of this past season. Didn't he get most of his snaps at an ILB spot? I could be wrong though. I didn't get to watch much.
    Regardless he's an incredible athlete, high upside, produced greatly on limited snaps, seems to be a playmaker. I just want him on the field
    Ah, here we agree 100%. Maybe with Pees gone, Wink will use Bowser's skills properly. I'd like him @ OLB, but if he thrives @ ILB I won't have any gripes. I just want to see this defensive play-maker on the field in some capacity... Bc

Ah, here we agree 100%. Maybe with Pees gone, Wink will use Bowser's skills properly. I'd like him @ OLB, but if he thrives @ ILB I won't have any gripes. I just want to see this defensive play-maker on the field in some capacity... Bc
    I think given his athleticism he can be a Von Miller like player at OLB, but I think he can also be a C.J. Mosley/Ryan Shazier clone at ILB but who can actually cover TE's due to his basketball background. You're right, 100% agreed. He needs to be on the field! We have to stop this failure of 2nd round picks, and on top of that Bowser has some amazing potential.

Blog Entries

I think given his athleticism he can be a Von Miller like player at OLB, but I think he can also be a C.J. Mosley/Ryan Shazier clone at ILB but who can actually cover TE's due to his basketball background. You're right, 100% agreed. He needs to be on the field! We have to stop this failure of 2nd round picks, and on top of that Bowser has some amazing potential.
    Thanks, BR96, and perhaps the Ravens can switch Bowser and Correa positions and get the best out of both (?) To me it is so frustrating that we traded down twice (2nd round in 2016) and Ozzie and Co. seemed happy, only to see Correa played IMO out-of-position @ ILB. Maybe we can move him back to OLB, if we haven't already ruined his spirit, and get something out of him in a positive way... Bc

Thanks, BR96, and perhaps the Ravens can switch Bowser and Correa positions and get the best out of both (?) To me it is so frustrating that we traded down twice (2nd round in 2016) and Ozzie and Co. seemed happy, only to see Correa played IMO out-of-position @ ILB. Maybe we can move him back to OLB, if we haven't already ruined his spirit, and get something out of him in a positive way... Bc
    I agree. That would give us solid OLB depth (Suggs, Judon, Z. Smith, T. Williams, Correa), but I don't know if that's feasible at this point. In the rare times I got to see highlights and one ravens game it looked to me that Correa had bulked up fairly well to look like an ILB. He can always recomp his body and regain some speed and explosion, in which case him and Bowser on the field would give some terrific speed and athleticism. We'll see. I'm hopeful like most people on these boards, but I'm close to mailing it in on Correa and moving on.

Plus having Bowser at ILB would provide some solid ILB depth too (Mosley, Bradley, Onwuasor, Bowser, Young, Correa maybe).

Bowser and Williams have to get on the field this year...if they arent seeing major snaps, we know they were busts at this rate
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Bowser and Williams have to get on the field this year...if they arent seeing major snaps, we know they were busts at this rate
    I think they both need to see the field more, but i think it's more important for Bowser than Williams. Williams is an OLB and this past year he was a massive liability against the run. So if he doesn't see the field much then I'll understand that he needs to beef up a little more and he needs to get better at gap integrity and defending the run. But in the little time that Bowser saw the field last year he made plays, and not only that but he showed no reason why he shouldn't be on the field (again I didn't get to watch that much and so I could be wrong here). If Bowser doesn't see the field I will be taking a big long look at the coaching staff. He is a PLAYMAKER! The coaches and team want playmakers! Let the kid play, I believe he'll be the next big star defender on this defense.

I think they both need to see the field more, but i think it's more important for Bowser than Williams. Williams is an OLB and this past year he was a massive liability against the run. So if he doesn't see the field much then I'll understand that he needs to beef up a little more and he needs to get better at gap integrity and defending the run. But in the little time that Bowser saw the field last year he made plays, and not only that but he showed no reason why he shouldn't be on the field (again I didn't get to watch that much and so I could be wrong here). If Bowser doesn't see the field I will be taking a big long look at the coaching staff. He is a PLAYMAKER! The coaches and team want playmakers! Let the kid play, I believe he'll be the next big star defender on this defense.
    bowser did flash some potential, but i feel like he was a little raw in coverage and perhaps Pees/Barbs are so worried about the Bend but dont break that they couldnt Risk him being out there
    Burn it down