Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i want the OSU qb really bad
    Wait until 2021....Lord Trevor awaits.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Lol...no pissing in the Draft thread!

Yall know that supremely overrated teams are revealed in September--and that's about it.
    It's always about November and the championships.
    The OSU hate is real. Ravens could use some OSU players - instead of these underdeveloped Bama guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    The OSU hate is real. Ravens could use some OSU players - instead of these underdeveloped Bama guys.

I don't think there's OSU hate. I can promise you during the last draft I had a high grade on Billy Price and I would've taken him over everyone save for a handful of other prospects.

Part of the problem with some OSU prospects is due to scheme. They run a true 4-3 where as we do a hybrid, their offense is unique because they do a zone/power run game exclusively out of shotgun. And for seemingly ever they've had JT Barret as QB, which made their pass catchers look average.

If we're being honest, other than that one group of Elliot, Decker, Thomas, and Bosa they've only had one guy drafted that's been a difference maker and that's Lattimore.
    I feel like Bama makes just as many quality NFL players as OSU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I don't think there's OSU hate. I can promise you during the last draft I had a high grade on Billy Price and I would've taken him over everyone save for a handful of other prospects.

Part of the problem with some OSU prospects is due to scheme. They run a true 4-3 where as we do a hybrid, their offense is unique because they do a zone/power run game exclusively out of shotgun. And for seemingly ever they've had JT Barret as QB, which made their pass catchers look average.

If we're being honest, other than that one group of Elliot, Decker, Thomas, and Bosa they've only had one guy drafted that's been a difference maker and that's Lattimore.
    I feel like Bama makes just as many quality NFL players as OSU
    Scheme is overrated. Good fb players can be utilized in any scheme. Joey Bosa is a perfect example. Many people on this board did not what Bosa bc of scheme.

And as far as good players coming out of OSU - I guess we have different expectations. The guys below are all starters.

Cam Heyward, Ryan Shazier, Sam Hubbard ( who just wrecked the Ravens), Denzel Ward, Pat Eflein, Corey Linsley, Malik Hooker, Eli Apple, Carlos Hyde, Nick Vannett, Jeff Heureman.

"When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""

People may hate OSU but it doesn't mean they don't want their players in the draft. Joey Bosa was a pick that people went back and forth on. He would have obviously been great for the Ravens, assuming he can stay healthy. He wasnt an option though. I wanted Malik Hooker and was so pissed when he was taken by the Colts at 15. I also love Lattimore. I think everyone on the board liked Elfein. I also love Michael Thomas. I thought he would have been a great fit for Joe and the offense.

Definitely don't want a QB coming out of Urban's offensive system though.

I think Alabama develops players just as well as OSU. I do wish we would not default to Alabama players though.

Blog Entries

Scheme is overrated. Good fb players can be utilized in any scheme. Joey Bosa is a perfect example. Many people on this board did not what Bosa bc of scheme.

And as far as good players coming out of OSU - I guess we have different expectations. The guys below are all starters.

Cam Heyward, Ryan Shazier, Sam Hubbard ( who just wrecked the Ravens), Denzel Ward, Pat Eflein, Corey Linsley, Malik Hooker, Eli Apple, Carlos Hyde, Nick Vannett, Jeff Heureman.

Many of us were very high on Eflein. I was conducting that train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    People may hate OSU but it doesn't mean they don't want their players in the draft. Joey Bosa was a pick that people went back and forth on. He would have obviously been great for the Ravens, assuming he can stay healthy. He wasnt an option though. I wanted Malik Hooker and was so pissed when he was taken by the Colts at 15. I also love Lattimore. I think everyone on the board liked Elfein. I also love Michael Thomas. I thought he would have been a great fit for Joe and the offense.

Definitely don't want a QB coming out of Urban's offensive system though.

I think Alabama develops players just as well as OSU. I do wish we would not default to Alabama players though.
    Urban doesn't have a great track record for developing QB's. Haskins is a different breed though - he is a pure passer. It's only been 4 games but he looks the part - great footwork, quick release, big arm and ACCURATE. Holy shit is he accurate. OSU WR's will now get drafted where they should (or even overdrafted) b/c they have a QB that can pass the ball. I look for Haskins to be a pretty hot draft prospect. Watch the tape - he is making some big time throws. Not that it matters but Urban did not recruit Haskins. Tressel began recruiting Haskins in 8th grade - when Tressel was fired, Haskins fell off the radar. Tom Herman was the guy who liked Haskins and got Urban to look into him. Then he flipped from Maryland in the recruiting 12th hour.

This week will surely be a different test for him. On the road in a hostile environment, how does he handle the adversity? Can he make plays when the line breaks down? Both of those traits are what JT Barrett had but he lacked the ability to beat a team with his arm.

Putting aside my disgust for Haskins considering how he handled his flip to OSU (I'm obviously a MD fan), he is a terrific arm talent...you could see it in his high school film...the ball comes out of his hand absolutely beautiful and he has very good touch.

He also has a LOT of swag and self confidence...and players love him. If you want a guy who's going to have the respect of the locker room, he has the look of that type of QB.

Assuming he stays healthy, I'd expect him to be a first round pick whenever he comes out.

Regarding OSU's NFL talent...Bama and OSU have dominated the recruiting rankings most of the last 5-6 years or so...they absolutely both routinely are going to have a ton of guys drafted every year...most guys won't be stars, but there will be a lot of NFL starters coming out of those programs. Hell, I remember 2 years ago, every single Alabama defensive starter was a consensus 5 star recruit. Watch out for Georgia though the next couple years...they have rocketed up the recruiting rankings the last 2 years with Smart...they are and will be absolutely loaded the next couple years as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    For all of those interested here were my takeaways from the saturday college games.

- Iowa has a center that looked really good to me against Wisconsin. #69 I think it was. He's 6'4 310, moves well, does great with double teams, and does well against nose gurads

- Tua is amazing. If we ended up with the #1 pick in the 2020 draft I'd take Tua and say bye to Lamar. Tua is going to be phenomenal I think

- Noah Fant the TE for Iowa appears to be really good

- Still on the lookout for OL and WR's, A.J. Brown isn't the best WR on his team. I think D.K. Metcalf is. I'd be happy to argue the point if anyone wanted to know why.
    Here's the Iowa Center (Keegan Render) :

https://hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11194

... Bc

P.S. - sorry, I see JimZipCode beat be to it

As a MD guy, I like Derwin Gray around the 4th or so for an interior guy...I think Gray has a chance to even go in the 3rd if a team falls in love with him. He's playing LT now at MD, but he doesn't quite have OT feet but they are solid, and he definitely has the bulk and strength to play inside.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Steve Palazzolo has us taking Jonah Williams, Alabama, OT. That's false unless we see OB2 as our future at LT because OB2 is clearly our future at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Steve Palazzolo has us taking Jonah Williams, Alabama, OT. That's false unless we see OB2 as our future at LT because OB2 is clearly our future at RT.
    We all know that the media and "draft pundits" don't have clue what they're doing or what they're talking about. Even during the draft they don't have a clue about needs and rosters