Page 1 of 153 123 ... LastLast

2019 NFL Draft Thread

So, we've all had about a week to digest the most recent draft and analyze it to death and make predictions and yada yada yada. I'm ready to move on. Is it early? Of course not! It's never too early to talk about the next draft. I figured it can be a pretty vague thread like last years thread was. Talk about prospects, talk about team needs, talk about breaking news. It doesn't matter, do as you please. I'm going to just post some prospect names for each position to keep an eye out for. I'll also put my favorite guys in bold.

OL:
    Jonah Williams (OT, Alabama)
    Greg Little (OT, Ole Miss)
    Trey Adams (OT, Washington)
    Larry Allen III (OG, Harvard)
    Beau Benzschawel (OG, Wisconsin)
    Michael Dieter (OT, Wisconsin)
    Despite what some football sources will say, I just don't see any good center prospects in this upcoming class......yet, someone could easily distinguish themselves in the upcoming season.

RB:
    Benny Snell (Kentucky)
    Damien Harris (Alabama)
    Bryce Love (Stanford)
    Mike Weber (Ohio State)
    Myles Gaskin (Washington)

QB:
    Clayton Thorson (Northwestern)
    Drew Lock (Missouri)
    Shea Patterson (Michigan)
    Will Grier (West Virgina)

TE:
    Caleb Wilson (UCLA)

WR:
    Anthony Johnson (Buffalo)
    A.J. Brown (Ole Miss)
    Deebo Samuel (So. Carolina)
    Terry Godwin (Georgia)
    Jaylen Smith (Louisville)
    Juwan Johnson (Penn State)
    Parris Campbell (Ohio State)
    I've said previously that this class is only slightly better than this past class, I would like to correct that statement by saying that this class is quite a bit better than this last class. I see 3 or 4 1st rounders as of right now. I've also said that the 2020 class will be outstanding (like 2014). 2018<2019<2020

DL:
    Dexter Lawrence (DT, Clemson)
    Christian Wilkins (DT, Clemson)
    Clelin Ferrell (DE, Clemson)
    Austin Bryant (DE, Clemson)
    Rashan Gary (DL, Michigan)
    Nick Bosa (DE/OLB, Ohio State)
    Raekwon Davis (DL Alabama)
    Isiah Buggs (DE, Alabama)
    Ed Oliver (Stud, Houston)
    Derrick Brown (DT, Auburn)
    Jeffery Simmons (DL, Mississippi State)
    Joe Jackson (DE, Miami)
    Brian Burns (DE, Fla. State)
    Terrell Lewis (DE/OLB, Alabama)
    Montez Sweat (DE/OLB, Mississippi State)
    Holy Crap! What a collection of talent and star power. I expect at least 7 of these guys to be 1st rounders. I wouldn't be shocked if they were early 1st rounders too. I know we don't need DL help, but damn, I honestly wouldn't care if they took some of these guys. They are all so good.

LB:
    Cameron Smith (ILB, USC)
    Mack Wilson (ILB, Alabama)
    Tre Lamar (MLB, Clemson)
    Kendall Joseph (LB, Clemson)
    Devin White (LB, LSU)
    Josh Allen (ILB/OLB, Kentucky)
    Anfernee Jennings (OLB, Alabama)

S:
    Jaquan Johnson (Miami)
    Lukas Denis (Boston College)
    Marvel Tell (USC)
    Taylor Rapp (Washington)
    Chauncey Gardner (Florida)

CB:
    Iman Marshall (USC)
    Alijah Holder (Stanford)
    Trayvon Mullen (Clemson)
    Michael Jackson (Miami)
    Sam Beal (Western Michigan)
    Deandre Baker (Georiga)

This list is obviously going to change as the season gets underway, these are just some names that I know from this last season and some are listed from sources like CBS sports, Walterfootball etc.... You're more than welcome to add names that you know and like.

Blog Entries

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Nice list, thanks for posting it. Problem is that we don't know where the Ravens will draft in 2019. (a) will Flacco have a good year and the Ravens make the playoffs, thereby we draft in the lower 1/3? (b) will we have another mediocre season, just enough wins to put us in the middle of the pack? (c) or will the wheels fall off and is a 5 - 11, top 10 draft position in our future?
    Then there's the trade-up, trade-down options for DeCosta... Bc

Blog Entries

I want to see how the defense looks under Wink, but if they continue to have issues generating interior pressure, then you have to think one of those guys will be up on the list.

Might not be a complete need, but Nick Bosa would be a really nice get.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Nice list, thanks for posting it. Problem is that we don't know where the Ravens will draft in 2019. (a) will Flacco have a good year and the Ravens make the playoffs, thereby we draft in the lower 1/3? (b) will we have another mediocre season, just enough wins to put us in the middle of the pack? (c) or will the wheels fall off and is a 5 - 11, top 10 draft position in our future?
    Then there's the trade-up, trade-down options for DeCosta... Bc
    For sure. This will be a highly dynamic thread and a highly dynamic topic that is going to change drastically throughout this upcoming football season.
    Next years draft obviously hinges upon how we perform and how certain players perform. With that said, I still don't think I would care if they drafted a DL in round 1. This next years DL talent is incredibly rare and absurd. We all want interior DL pressure in the pass rush, well here you go. This is the c,ass to do it with.
    But back to your point, at this point we are just speculating, prepping ourselves for the upcoming season, circling certain games on the calendar etc....

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I want to see how the defense looks under Wink, but if they continue to have issues generating interior pressure, then you have to think one of those guys will be up on the list.

Might not be a complete need, but Nick Bosa would be a really nice get.
    Here's to hoping we pick too late to have a shot at Bosa.

Honestly this is the first time in a while where I feel the team is gonna *truly* be able to pick the BPA rather than look for need. I'm excited to see how the board falls. Wonder if there's someone on the roster right now we can trade to get a second rounder.

I think what defenders we're considering in the 1st depends on what Wink does with Bowser, T. Williams, Kenny Young, Kamelai, and Z. Smith

AJ Brown will be the quintessential best receiver and we'll likely still be in the hunt

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    QB:
    Clayton Thorson (Northwestern)
    Drew Lock (Missouri)
    Will Grier (West Virgina)

WR:
    A.J. Brown (Ole Miss)

Few thoughts:
    Clayton Thorson made the right move staying. He is a WCO type passer. Accurate, but doesnt have the arm strength that the top 5 did this year and would have dropped.

Drew Lock - everything that people WANT Josh Allen to be. If he hits 60% this year in completion % I expect him to be the first QB taken

Will Greir - Not much about him except for I absolutely love his WR which Illl get to

AJ Brown is the Real Deal. Looks like a #1 WR in the NFL

**Davis Sills, WR WVU - is an absolute monster. I've promised to stay away form big WR because I fall in love with them... but I cant help myself with this dude... hes a monster.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I think what defenders we're considering in the 1st depends on what Wink does with Bowser, T. Williams, Kenny Young, Kamelai, and Z. Smith
    bowser and williams have to get on the field. we need to replace suggs
    Burn it down

Shocker we still need WRs!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Few thoughts:
    Clayton Thorson made the right move staying. He is a WCO type passer. Accurate, but doesnt have the arm strength that the top 5 did this year and would have dropped.

Drew Lock - everything that people WANT Josh Allen to be. If he hits 60% this year in completion % I expect him to be the first QB taken

Will Greir - Not much about him except for I absolutely love his WR which Illl get to

AJ Brown is the Real Deal. Looks like a #1 WR in the NFL

**Davis Sills, WR WVU - is an absolute monster. I've promised to stay away form big WR because I fall in love with them... but I cant help myself with this dude... hes a monster.
    I've seen Sills' name thrown around, but I haven't looked at him at all yet, so I couldn't put his name on the list yet. I agree on A.J. Brown. He looks like he could be a top 10 pick. I want to see him be more fluid in his routes and how he sets up defenders, but other than that he looks really good. Hbg, take a look at Anthony Johnson from Buffalo, 6'2 210lbs, great hands, power forward type who's fantastic with jump balls, looks like he has huge hands, I really really like that guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    bowser and williams have to get on the field. we need to replace suggs
    I can't stress enough how much I agree with this! Bowser's 3 sacks/1 INT/3 PDs shows talent, and Tim Williams should be unleashed on 3rd-and-long situations to take advantage of his pass rush skills... Bc