Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: IRAN LIED - Obama basically funded the Iran nuclear program

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    some very successful people are narcissists.

looking out for ones own interests can lead to others following you, especially when you seek power and status and at the very least, the illusion of success. Usually doesnt work out as well for them because they have to put up with the narcissist to do so, and that can be damaging. plus their compulsive lying, manipulation, taking credit for others work, and charisma usually gets them quickly promoted. Not all narcissists are actually good as they say they are, so for every successful one theres usually multiple with a trail of jobs they werent good at but talked somebody into believing they could do. typical history of fast risers and job hopping to do so. Trumps success in business is actually his marketing and licensing deals more so than what hes known for, real estate. the former being things narcissists are really good at (self promotion), but hell still talk himself up as a success in other ways he wasnt really proven to be.

not sure what your company does, but its interesting to see how those traits lead to success in certain fields or how those individuals seek out those fields for that power and/or status. I have a director at my company, who is very intelligent, but extremely hard to work with and his abrasiveness (always right) has cost us some clients.

I was actually being facetious in my post.

In my example, we all did well, and the company thrived. Nobody gave two shits whether or not the guy in charge was a dick. We got paid. Our families thrived. Life was good.

The majority of Americans don't give a shit if Trump is rude, or arrogant, or narcissistic. He's attacked 24x7 and he defends himself from the self-righteous Left/Right. I would to if I were in his shoes. He's been fighting his detractors in the public light his entire life. That's part of the package with Trump. A lot of people respect that about him. A lot don't. At the end of the day though...who cares? As long as the country (company) continues to thrive...isn't that all that matters?

I just read today that the CBO just issued a report which said that April was the best month in the history of the CBO's existence. Am I to not care about that accomplishment because Trump said something mean or something deemed "unpresidential?" No. I don't have my head up my ass so I'll acknowledge the continued success and enjoy the results of his presidency so far.

People of my ilk tend to like a country (company) that is thriving rather than be concerned with inconsequential character traits.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-08-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks like we're pulling out of the Iran deal.

I must admit I don't know a ton about the Iran deal. But I'm of the opinion NHO put it in to place so pulling out of it HAS to be good.

Partial transcript of Trump Iran speech....

Realizing the gravity of the situation, the United States and the United Nations Security Council sought, over many years, to stop Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons with a wide array of strong economic sanctions.

But the previous administration lifted these sanctions, just before what would have been the total collapse of the Iranian regime, through the deeply controversial 2015 nuclear deal with Iran. This deal is known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA.

As I have said many times, the Iran Deal was one of the worst and most one-sided transactions the United States has ever entered into. The same mindset that produced this deal is responsible for years of terrible trade deals that have sacrificed so many millions of jobs in our country to the benefit of other countries. We need negotiators who will much more strongly represent America's interest.

The nuclear deal threw Iran's dictatorship a political and economic lifeline, providing urgently needed relief from the intense domestic pressure the sanctions had created. It also gave the regime an immediate financial boost and over $100 billion dollars its government could use to fund terrorism.

The regime also received a massive cash settlement of $1.7 billion from the United States, a large portion of which was physically loaded onto an airplane and flown into Iran. Just imagine the sight of those huge piles of money being hauled off by the Iranians waiting at the airport for the cash. I wonder where all that money went.

Worst of all, the deal allows Iran to continue developing certain elements of its nuclear program. And importantly, in just a few years, as key restrictions disappear, Iran can sprint towards a rapid nuclear weapons breakout. In other words, we got weak inspections in exchange for no more than a purely short-term and temporary delay in Iran's path to nuclear weapons.

What is the purpose of a deal that, at best, only delays Iran's nuclear capability for a short period of time? This, as President of the United States, is unacceptable. In other countries, they think in terms of 100-year intervals, not just a few years at a time.

The saddest part of the deal for the United States is that all of the money was paid up front, which is unheard of, rather than at the end of the deal when they have shown they've played by the rules. But what's done is done, and that's why we are where we are.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/13/55762...n-nuclear-deal

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Partial transcript of Trump Iran speech....

Realizing the gravity of the situation, the United States and the United Nations Security Council sought, over many years, to stop Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons with a wide array of strong economic sanctions.

But the previous administration lifted these sanctions, just before what would have been the total collapse of the Iranian regime, through the deeply controversial 2015 nuclear deal with Iran. This deal is known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA.

As I have said many times, the Iran Deal was one of the worst and most one-sided transactions the United States has ever entered into. The same mindset that produced this deal is responsible for years of terrible trade deals that have sacrificed so many millions of jobs in our country to the benefit of other countries. We need negotiators who will much more strongly represent America's interest.

The nuclear deal threw Iran's dictatorship a political and economic lifeline, providing urgently needed relief from the intense domestic pressure the sanctions had created. It also gave the regime an immediate financial boost and over $100 billion dollars its government could use to fund terrorism.

The regime also received a massive cash settlement of $1.7 billion from the United States, a large portion of which was physically loaded onto an airplane and flown into Iran. Just imagine the sight of those huge piles of money being hauled off by the Iranians waiting at the airport for the cash. I wonder where all that money went.

Worst of all, the deal allows Iran to continue developing certain elements of its nuclear program. And importantly, in just a few years, as key restrictions disappear, Iran can sprint towards a rapid nuclear weapons breakout. In other words, we got weak inspections in exchange for no more than a purely short-term and temporary delay in Iran's path to nuclear weapons.

What is the purpose of a deal that, at best, only delays Iran's nuclear capability for a short period of time? This, as President of the United States, is unacceptable. In other countries, they think in terms of 100-year intervals, not just a few years at a time.

The saddest part of the deal for the United States is that all of the money was paid up front, which is unheard of, rather than at the end of the deal when they have shown they've played by the rules. But what's done is done, and that's why we are where we are.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/13/55762...n-nuclear-deal
    We don’t have clean water in Flint, but we giving billions to Iran? They don’t give a damn about us.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Looks like we're pulling out of the Iran deal.

I must admit I don't know a ton about the Iran deal. But I'm of the opinion NHO put it in to place so pulling out of it HAS to be good.
    Qaddafi quit his nuclear program once he saw what GWB did to Iraq. So...BHO then gives the Iranian Rouhani government $150+ billion. KJU then escalated his own nuclear program knowing that he would probably be rewarded just like Iran was. Trump said fuck that and is trying to end it all. NK is disarming and Iran's best course of action will be to do the same.

This whole deal was all about BHO scoring political foreign policy points. It was all bullshit. He knew it. Everyone knew it. I mean, for fuck's sake...BHO undercut the DOJ's work on a Hezbollah affiliate because Iran was funding them. He didn't want that to interfere with this Iran Deal. He is such an asshole. Just a gigantic loser.

Here's the million dollar question...

Why the hell was Obama's team trying to curry favor with the #1 state sponsor of terrorism in the first place? Makes you wonder what his real agenda was, eh?
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-08-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Qaddafi quit his nuclear program once he saw what GWB did to Iraq. So...BHO then gives the Iranian Rouhani government $150+ billion. KJU then escalated his own nuclear program knowing that he would probably be rewarded just like Iran was. Trump said fuck that and is trying to end it all. NK is disarming and Iran's best course of action will be to do the same.

This whole deal was all about BHO scoring political foreign policy points. It was all bullshit. He knew it. Everyone knew it. I mean, for fuck's sake...BHO undercut the DOJ's work on a Hezbollah affiliate because Iran was funding them. He didn't want that to interfere with this Iran Deal. He is such an asshole. Just a gigantic loser.

Here's the million dollar question...

Why the hell was Obama's team trying to curry favor with the #1 state sponsor of terrorism in the first place? Makes you wonder what his real agenda was, eh?
    From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

This was a POS deal and I am really proud of Trump for getting us the fuck out of it. Fuck them and their "Death to America" bullshit. The Iranian Hostage crisis in 79 is what woke me into politics. I've been watching those slimy bastards threaten us ever since.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

Why the hell was Obama's team trying to curry favor with the #1 state sponsor of terrorism in the first place?
    Saudi Arabi fits that bill. But no one talks about them being our biggest ally in the region outside of Israel.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Saudi Arabi fits that bill. But no one talks about them being our biggest ally in the region outside of Israel.
    If you are WOKE, you know why we dance with Saudi Arabia!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Enlighten us, sir.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I don't have to be "woke" to know anything. Through my career I know more about such things than you ever will.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I don't have to be "woke" to know anything. Through my career I know more about such things than you ever will.
    Dade, are you watching Tucker? His segment on Iran is good. Mike Anton knows his shit.

This deal wasn’t between the US and Iran. It was between Obama and Iran. It was an EO. It would’ve NEVER passed in the Senate.

Blog Entries

I have some interesting thoughts that are coming from a co-worker of mine who is from Tehran.

If anyone is interested, I’ll post tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.