Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516

Re: IRAN LIED - Obama basically funded the Iran nuclear program

That “case in point” doesn’t really portray both sides wanting peace. At least not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    That “case in point” doesn’t really portray both sides wanting peace. At least not to me.
    One side does. The other side doesn’t. It’s been that way for a looooooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I try to stay out of religious debates, so im not going to comment on some of that.

I dont want to delve too much into the history aspect either. we only really started having relations in the ME in the early 1900s. by the 1950s we divided their lands and were the controlling power in the region after the Ottoman and British rule (*not surprising that this coincides with the rise of oil). prior their disdain was for the British and we were more commonly liked and respected by the region. So what changed? our actions and involvement, not our ideology/religious preferences.

Libertarians get knocked for isolationism, but almost all of our current conflicts are results of our own meddling. Its not BS. almost every time weve backed a side (not even direct involvement), we then end up fighting them (Saddam, Bin Laden, syrian rebels, etc). understanding that reaction to our actions, is how perspective comes into it. are we on our soil? what are we defending?
    Between wwii and the me, it's amazing just how much the winners of world War I jacked up the next century.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk