Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore DeShon Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    yea i been watching tape too. my biggest fear is that habs and the coaches will fuck up LJs development since those fuks have no idea how to set up and run a modern offense (esp harbs)
    and we dont got any game changing WRs
    The thing they really need to work on with Lamar is accuracy from the pocket and using his legs to make throws and not just run. Lamar is too tough for his own good sometimes and will take hits. That's the first thing they need to change for him to be successful. If he can learn to escape the pocket and look to throw on the run instead of just taking off, he could be one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL. If he doesn't learn that he will get hurt.

As far as our WR, stay tuned. I feel like they will be Better than most think. There's sooooo much competition in the room the cream will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    The thing they really need to work on with Lamar is accuracy from the pocket and using his legs to make throws and not just run. Lamar is too tough for his own good sometimes and will take hits. That's the first thing they need to change for him to be successful. If he can learn to escape the pocket and look to throw on the run instead of just taking off, he could be one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL. If he doesn't learn that he will get hurt.

As far as our WR, stay tuned. I feel like they will be Better than most think. There's sooooo much competition in the room the cream will rise.
    the thing that worried me on tape is i never saw lamar slide. he needs to learn it asap.
    rusty wilson is good at it because he played beisbo but someone needs to teach lamar how to slide asap.

regarding the wr im not encourages after crab, snead, brown leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-w32Qz-9pA

We NEED this type of play back on our squad..... If you come across the middle you know whats coming....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I dont think so , Clark is a solid guy. I imagine next year Weddle goes, Maybe Jefferson slides over to FS maybe not and depending on what Elliot shows he could play Jeffersons current role.
    No way can Jefferson play deep cover safety. He gets lost out there

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    the thing that worried me on tape is i never saw lamar slide. he needs to learn it asap.
    rusty wilson is good at it because he played beisbo but someone needs to teach lamar how to slide asap.

regarding the wr im not encourages after crab, snead, brown leave
    I agree 100%.... There isnt a player Ive watched more tape of than jackson even before we drafted him.... As big of an LJ fan as I am, I dont want to see him play a regular season down next year... He has soooo much to learn and if the do it correctly we will have a deshaun watson type of player... If not we will have an RG3.....He needs to learn that he will be so much more dangerous using his legs to pass and pick up first downs with the occasional long run than what he did in college...

I agree 100%.... There isnt a player Ive watched more tape of than jackson even before we drafted him.... As big of an LJ fan as I am, I dont want to see him play a regular season down next year... He has soooo much to learn and if the do it correctly we will have a deshaun watson type of player... If not we will have an RG3.....He needs to learn that he will be so much more dangerous using his legs to pass and pick up first downs with the occasional long run than what he did in college...

Maybe not year one but he will be on the field more than people expect. Guy has contagious swag and confidence similar to Jalen Ramsey. He's not as good obviously but their personalities are similar and he's an 1st team all American. This was probably my favorite pick besides LJ.... I've been watching Elliot for a while and he plays like a Raven....
    Great to hear. You're not the only one, er, raving about that pick. Me not as much, but I am willing to concede. I know he went later than he should.

I'm looking more closely... yeah I can see this guy should not have fallen as far as he did. Medicals? Anyway, I'm feeling better about this pick. Most of his INTs came on tips and bad overthrows. The good news is, he's reading the QB well. The bad news is, there will be less of those kinds of throws in the NFL. He plays faster than I gave him credit for. I may not have given him enough credit in the USC game - I figured Darnold just played bad.

Joker's going to be around for a while. I see a high floor. I hope his instincts are as good for the Ravens as they were for the Longhorns. This guy can be a future starter. He reminds me of the kind of DB that Seattle likes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm looking more closely... yeah I can see this guy should not have fallen as far as he did. Medicals? Anyway, I'm feeling better about this pick. Most of his INTs came on tips and bad overthrows. The good news is, he's reading the QB well. The bad news is, there will be less of those kinds of throws in the NFL. He plays faster than I gave him credit for. I may not have given him enough credit in the USC game - I figured Darnold just played bad.

Joker's going to be around for a while. I see a high floor. I hope his instincts are as good for the Ravens as they were for the Longhorns. This guy can be a future starter. He reminds me of the kind of DB that Seattle likes.
    Yessirrrr, the joker is definitely coming.... he will be a household name in 3 years book it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Special teams
    Coverage is nothing to write home about. He'll be a ST contributor

Lmao hes better off on special teams he has no business in coverage.

Blog Entries

You realize that Peters blew the coverage that got beat for the score not Elliott right?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said