Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore DeShon Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Elliott has the instincts and ball skills of a Free Safety, but not the range. He has the physicality and reliable tackling of a Strong Safety, but will struggle in man coverage against WRs. I think he'll do better against TEs who lack the same athleticism, but he's not a guy you want to keep in man very long.

His physicality and tackling says box safety. His ball skills and instincts say Free Safety. What's lacking is that coverage athleticism. That may be what is leading to the confusion.
    So where does he play then?
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    So where does he play then?
    They'll have to be able to move him around and hide him for a while until they can figure out a foundational spot that best suits him. I'd say keep him closer to the line and let him do more short zones and man work against Tight Ends.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

How in the world was this guy on the board in the 6th round? 6 INTs last year, 2 TDs and he's a guy that loves the game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How in the world was this guy on the board in the 6th round? 6 INTs last year, 2 TDs and he's a guy that loves the game.
    Probably teams taking the Lasley's of the world earlier in the draft.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Probably teams taking the Lasley's of the world earlier in the draft.
    From the scouting reports it seems like he is viewed as in the box guy moving forward. Those guys aren't exactly in high demand now in the NFL.

Though I did read he also lined up as a linebacker which maybe how we use him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    From the scouting reports it seems like he is viewed as in the box guy moving forward. Those guys aren't exactly in high demand now in the NFL.

Though I did read he also lined up as a linebacker which maybe how we use him.
    That's also a good point. Once you get that 'Box Safety' label, you tend to fall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lol no.. not unless he significantly improves in coverage and his true position is at strong safety
    All I know is he made a lot of nice plays and seemed to be around the ball a lot. I watched the USC/Texas game and he sure looked decent in coverage then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Jesus Christ the evals are all over the place. He's an in the box safety who's a hitter and is limited in coverage. No, he's better off in coverage playing FS, he's not a good hitter. WTF?
    Lmao hes better off on special teams he has no business in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The INTs were bad passes that went right to him.

He's a SS/boc safety. We already have 1 1/2 of those. We NEED a FS.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Plays AFCN style smash mouth football. Kid could end up being a stud, love this pick