Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Orlando Brown

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I haven't been the biggest O.Brown fan during this process. But here's an interesting question. What do we do when he fails to pass the Ravens conditioning tests?
    To be quite honest I don't see him passing the test unless he's at about 325 or so.
    Now that version of Orlando Brown -20lbs or so would make for a good RT. If he's lean and mean I would stick him at RT and say that's a steal of a pick.
    His length and size is a big plus, now he just needs to put in the work
    I'm going the specter of his father passing away so early, and being around guys like Ozzie who knew him and walking the halls his father haunted help motivate him to a healthy lifestyle. He really landed in the best spot for HIM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How at that size can you only put up 14 reps. That’s just completely Idgaf hell WRs average 15.2 with 95% being atleast 100 pounds lighter.

Shaquem Griffin put up 20 with 1 hand. It's a test of will, heart and desire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That really puts it into prospective

Blog Entries

Maybe the combine/draft process will be a wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    BTW - best part of this pick - James Hurst goes back to LG! Where he is effective!

And Alex Lewis becomes a real good reserve capable of playing a number of spots. A domino depth effect.
    I see one of these guys - likely Lewis - getting a shot at Center. Lewis is too good to be a backup.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I see one of these guys - likely Lewis - getting a shot at Center. Lewis is too good to be a backup.
    He can’t stay healthy

Hate this pick. I see a kid that relied on his massive size in college. He obviously couldn't be bothered to prepare for the combine at all. Another future flop of a draft pick. Smgdfh. I don't know this team anymore.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Heard Gil Brandt say whoever gets this guy will get their bookend RT for 10 years. I'd settle for 5
    back in the day one guy looked at Oher and Gaither and said 'Ravens have bookend tackles for the next 10 years'. didn't quite work that way. yeah, I'd settle for 5.

Street and Smith on Orlando: 'rare size and strength...can maul people, drives off the line...flashes ability to play in space...can't be bull rushed...almost never off his feet'. now the bad; 'marginal athlete, not a natural bender, does not have agility/recovery to stop wide speed'
    had him as #2 OT in draft; 'still should start as a rookie'

mixed signals. I have hopes.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Hate this pick. I see a kid that relied on his massive size in college. He obviously couldn't be bothered to prepare for the combine at all. Another future flop of a draft pick. Smgdfh. I don't know this team anymore.
    I’m feeling you E I literally hate every pick they have made where they made it. I’ve wanted offense for years, lol and I hate every single pick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    back in the day one guy looked at Oher and Gaither and said 'Ravens have bookend tackles for the next 10 years'. didn't quite work that way. yeah, I'd settle for 5.

Street and Smith on Orlando: 'rare size and strength...can maul people, drives off the line...flashes ability to play in space...can't be bull rushed...almost never off his feet'. now the bad; 'marginal athlete, not a natural bender, does not have agility/recovery to stop wide speed'
    had him as #2 OT in draft; 'still should start as a rookie'

mixed signals. I have hopes.
    How can you posses rare strength but only put the bar up 14 times?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's the guy they should be looking to draft, if he's even still available. I haven't checked to see if someone picked him yet.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

There have been plenty of guys who had bad reps as being lazy who turned it up in the pros. Haloti Ngata comes to mind. Whether he becomes one or ends up as a Ramon Harewood is up to Brown.

The Ravens have had a history of producing good OL and many of them have had to put in significant time in the weight room. I'm not as put off by his combine as other are. Bottom line I like his size, base stability and wingspan as a RT.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012