Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Rain on the Parade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brian Billick begs for his entire tenure as Ravens coach. He wins a Super Bowl and still doesn't get one. He's never able to put his offensive plan into effect because he's never given the tools.

Billick is fired and they then draft Joe Flacco, the QB that Billick never had. Flacco wins a Super Bowl and they never give him the Wide Receivers or skill players that he needs to reach his full potential. Just like Billick he was never given the tools.

As great as Ozzie was he clearly had a blind spot when it came to supporting his offense. We all remember Ray Lewis making comments about the guys in front of him and the next year he brought in the kind of players that Ray asked for. On offense it didn't happen. We'll see if that changes under DeCosta.
    Which doesn't make sense to me because Oz played offense, you would think he would be partial to that side of the ball. The only thing I can attribute his obsession with defense to is the fact that he had guys like ray and ed and put together one of the best all time defenses that got him a superbowl so he tries to recreate that over and over in catering to the defense. When have we ever had a really exciting player on offense (skill position) not named ray rice wether drafted or signed as a FA? I can't name one. Maybe you could stretch and say torrey because he certainly made some exciting plays early on in his time here but we haven't had it under ozzie and that is frustrating, although rice was a great pick as a second rounder and it turned out like it did but since '96 there should be far more examples we could point to but there isnt and thats a problem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Show me what I've said that leads you to believe I hate?
    you keep replying to my post that have nothing to do with you directly, but hey buddy it's friday and Lamar Jackson is your QB of the future...DRINK IT IN MANNNNNNN!!

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I cannot wait to rub in the face of all these two faced fans when this bum has a completion percentage of 40%.

They will talk about Joe Flacco in the same sentiment they do Johnny Unitas in this town once this franchise is back to searching for a QB for the next 20 years again.

The Ravens overnight are now the 4th place team in this division. We draft like we are the Browns.

Burned the 25th pick on a passing catching TE, only 1 year from now this sorry ass excuse who just drafted a TE who isn't worth a damn blocking will ask Hurst to be the primary blocker on the read option offense for Jackson. So Hurst career turns to shit right along with Jackson who isn't worth a damn as a passing QB.

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
    I've been around for awhile. Unitas was trashed in this town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brian Billick begs for his entire tenure as Ravens coach. He wins a Super Bowl and still doesn't get one. He's never able to put his offensive plan into effect because he's never given the tools.

Billick is fired and they then draft Joe Flacco, the QB that Billick never had. Flacco wins a Super Bowl and they never give him the Wide Receivers or skill players that he needs to reach his full potential. Just like Billick he was never given the tools.

As great as Ozzie was he clearly had a blind spot when it came to supporting his offense. We all remember Ray Lewis making comments about the guys in front of him and the next year he brought in the kind of players that Ray asked for. On offense it didn't happen. We'll see if that changes under DeCosta.
    Great post. After the last few years see ya Oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Which doesn't make sense to me because Oz played offense, you would think he would be partial to that side of the ball. The only thing I can attribute his obsession with defense to is the fact that he had guys like ray and ed and put together one of the best all time defenses that got him a superbowl so he tries to recreate that over and over in catering to the defense. When have we ever had a really exciting player on offense (skill position) not named ray rice wether drafted or signed as a FA? I can't name one. Maybe you could stretch and say torrey because he certainly made some exciting plays early on in his time here but we haven't had it under ozzie and that is frustrating, although rice was a great pick as a second rounder and it turned out like it did but since '96 there should be far more examples we could point to but there isnt and thats a problem
    To be fair i forgot about jamal lewis so have to mention him certainly what with a 2000 yard season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    So, the Ravens should pass on drafting a potential explosive playmaker because they might actually win and keep their coach. The only reason I wanted Harbaugh and staff gone was because we were not winning anymore. If this changes that, I don't give a damn who the coach is. I can live with keeping Harbs if we are winning.
    Why did he last till 32? Why did no one else value him enough to give up more then next years second and flipping of seconds? It’s going to be a shit show. We will be the Os

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Why did he last till 32? Why did no one else value him enough to give up more then next years second and flipping of seconds? It’s going to be a shit show. We will be the Os

lol you stop it I won't let you go down this road me and shug coming to pick you up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you keep replying to my post that have nothing to do with you directly, but hey buddy it's friday and Lamar Jackson is your QB of the future...DRINK IT IN MANNNNNNN!!
    Kyle Boller was the future at one point and thought of enough to be drafted much higher

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol you stop it I won't let you go down this road me and shug coming to pick you up!
    You really think Ozzie and company out smarted the other 31 teams on this, I certainly do not

Blog Entries

You really think Ozzie and company out smarted the other 31 teams on this, I certainly do not

lol I'm coming with that gas we are going to change your attitude right now sir! Don't ask me questions like that tryna kill my vibe LOL

Blog Entries

Kyle Boller was the future at one point and thought of enough to be drafted much higher

lol stop this man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    We are fans of the team. Even when Flacco is gone, while I will still root for him, I will still root for the Ravens.

It's all about the big picture. The only chance Jackson has of being developed early by a high quality offensive-minded coaching staff, is if the Ravens have a really bad season in 2018, leading to Harbaugh being fired. Well, guess what, to piggy back off of what I said in my original post for this thread, they now have Crabtree, Snead and Hurst, which is a SUBSTANTIAL improvement over the pass catchers they had last season. When you combine that with Flacco being healthy, it's likely that this offense will play much better. If the defense does what it's supposed to do, this team can make the playoffs. If that happens, you just fucked Jackson nearly as fast as you drafted him.
    You shouldn't be posting so soon after what I'm sure was a very traumatic moment for you. You are very clearly distraught and making little sense. Take some time to concentrate on healing.