Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 295296297
Results 3,553 to 3,559 of 3559

Thread: DRAFT DAY

Blog Entries

Re: DRAFT DAY

There is absolutely no reason why the Ravens should not have expected Carolina to take DJ Moore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_NY View Post
    Ridley was still on the board. If he wanted a WR there the best one was still available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They didn't want him. That seems to be the simplest answer.
    A week ago if asked: "At sixteen do you take Calvin Ridley or Hayden Hurst" -- few people think that Hurst is the better player. At pick 25 the choice is again between Ridley and Hurst, and Hurst still isn't the better player. Ridley is always the better player.

Best-Player-Available seems to have been tossed aside. The draft was treated more like free agency: allot resources and target a player.

At some point before or after Pick 16 they decided to target Hurst, then trade down until A) the selection of Hurst wasn't deemed a great reach, and B) they couldn't trade down further without significant risk of losing him.

Play out the alternative. If they select Ridley at 25 then do they pick two other receivers later? Probably not. They still want their TE. Perhaps Andrews would have been sufficient. If not, perhaps the third round selection used on Andrews could have been packaged with a pick not used to select Scott or Lasley and then offered in a trade for Hurst or Goedert.

So much more and different (and, I think, better) could have happened had they done almost anything other than what they did with their first two picks. But they seemed locked in. The pre-draft chatter about Hurst and Jackson was right. The draft was a means to acquiring them rather than a means to stockpiling the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    to USMCCHARLES, wicked, and the rest of the military folks, we salute you!!!1
    USA USA USA USA

bump

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelDance View Post
    One thing is consistent with Hurst, Andrews, and now Scott. They are big, don't drop the ball, and fight for it. This is EXACTLY the type of player you want with Lamar Jackson. Jackson is not accurate, so they need receivers who will fight for balls that are not placed on a dime. They have huge catch radius and will come down with the ball.

Speed is a secondary concern on plays where Jackson is scrambling and the defense breaks down. He needs big targets that he can find and get the ball to even if it's not a perfect throw.

We also have a full year to develop all of them now with Lamar on the bench, which is what they need (the TEs because they are TEs, and now Scott because he is raw).
    To be fair, that's what you need with Flacco as well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    As long as nobody catches the damned thing.
    Can bats catch it?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You also said Anthony Miller didn't have drops. I post clips with time stamps of the drops and you don't say anything.

So, I don't think I believe a damn word you say if you're not gonna use some evidence to support your points.
    #handsgate 2?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    They didn't want him. That seems to be the simplest answer.
    A week ago if asked: "At sixteen do you take Calvin Ridley or Hayden Hurst" -- few people think that Hurst is the better player. At pick 25 the choice is again between Ridley and Hurst, and Hurst still isn't the better player. Ridley is always the better player.

Best-Player-Available seems to have been tossed aside. The draft was treated more like free agency: allot resources and target a player.

At some point before or after Pick 16 they decided to target Hurst, then trade down until A) the selection of Hurst wasn't deemed a great reach, and B) they couldn't trade down further without significant risk of losing him.

Play out the alternative. If they select Ridley at 25 then do they pick two other receivers later? Probably not. They still want their TE. Perhaps Andrews would have been sufficient. If not, perhaps the third round selection used on Andrews could have been packaged with a pick not used to select Scott or Lasley and then offered in a trade for Hurst or Goedert.

So much more and different (and, I think, better) could have happened had they done almost anything other than what they did with their first two picks. But they seemed locked in. The pre-draft chatter about Hurst and Jackson was right. The draft was a means to acquiring them rather than a means to stockpiling the best players.
    Great post.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh