Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will Fans be Patient with 2018 Schedule

So the Ravens have brutal schedule to start the season. 6 of the first 10 on the road with a 3 game road stretch. Will people be happy with a 3-7, 4-6, or 5-5 start? What's your baseline for this first stretch of games before you write them off or write them in?

Re: Will Fans be Patient with 2018 Schedule

The road thing doesn't mean as much these days since they've lost their aura as an invincible home team. The Bears game last year showed there isn't much difference between a road and a home game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gaiusrex View Post
    So the Ravens have brutal schedule to start the season. 6 of the first 10 on the road with a 3 game road stretch. Will people be happy with a 3-7, 4-6, or 5-5 start? What's your baseline for this first stretch of games before you write them off or write them in?
    Who in the world would be happy with that? Especially 3-7 or 4-6?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

i trust flacco to succeed with his new weapons

I actually think the Ravens can succeed in the first half of the year. I think (optimistically) they can be 5-2 after week 7. Realistically they're probably going to be about 4-3 or 3-4 after 7 games.

To be honest I have very low expectations of the Ravens at this point.

Bad drafts,bloated contracts,dead money,age and poor coaching have caught up to them. Complacency from the front office to the coaching staff down through the players has set in. The team lacks passion and an.identity. Can't imagine many of the past players accepting losing the way this group does.

Need a fresh start from HC to QB. Until that happens I think we're looking at a 7-9 to 9-7 team.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It’s Baltimore of course not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Who in the world would be happy with that? Especially 3-7 or 4-6?
    That means running the table to make the playoffs which isn't going to happen.

Blog Entries

I don't get into this tough schedule stuff. You are what your record says you are. If they are 3-7, they are a bad football team and I have to think there is a possibility Harbaugh would be fired at the bye if that happens. 4-6 or 5-5 is an average team. I don't think that anyone would be happy with any of these records at 10 games, nor should they be. The AFC is not going to be the pushover it was last year. Lot of teams that should be in contention. 3-7 or 4-6 and you are pretty much out of it imo.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't get into this tough schedule stuff. You are what your record says you are. If they are 3-7, they are a bad football team and I have to think there is a possibility Harbaugh would be fired at the bye if that happens. 4-6 or 5-5 is an average team. I don't think that anyone would be happy with any of these records at 10 games, nor should they be. The AFC is not going to be the pushover it was last year. Lot of teams that should be in contention. 3-7 or 4-6 and you are pretty much out of it imo.
    Exactly this. This isn't college football. Your wins and losses aren't weighed on the level of competition, who you beat on the road, or what the final scores were. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. If the Ravens have lost to 7 teams by week 10 then they aren't a good team.

Blog Entries

Why is the schedule so tough? I’m guessing they won’t have the entire interior of the line out by week 2 this year. I’m also guessing they won’t be playing the number 1 Defense on the road with Moore as the 1 Campy as the 2 and The Griff as the 3. Half to three quarters of the playoff teams from last year won’t be playoff teams this year. And who knows maybe Wink can hold a lead vs Pittsburgh or Cincy

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Why is the schedule so tough? I’m guessing they won’t have the entire interior of the line out by week 2 this year. I’m also guessing they won’t be playing the number 1 Defense on the road with Moore as the 1 Campy as the 2 and The Griff as the 3. Half to three quarters of the playoff teams from last year won’t be playoff teams this year. And who knows maybe Wink can hold a lead vs Pittsburgh or Cincy

We wont be playing backup QBs the first 6 weeks
    Burn it down