Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 386
  1. #37

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    youre still reaching for a connection that somehow negotiating for them (whether theyre good at it or not) means dictating a price cap for all. It doesnt.
    It is exactly what happened in 1990 when they tried it for VA medication. And instead of copying Medicare Part D, they want to change that. But no, I'm reaching.





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    6,325

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think it's pretty easy to see if the govt is 'negotiating' prices, it's price control.
    No more than cigna or blue cross negotiating them. Should we stop with bidding for contracts and such as well? Government just pays whatever the manufacturer wants?

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk





  3. #39

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    No more than cigna or blue cross negotiating them. Should we stop with bidding for contracts and such as well? Government just pays whatever the manufacturer wants?

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Except there are very few areas where the govt can pretty much control the marketplace. Meds for Medicare and under Obama care do. Why won't they just keep the process of Medicare Part D?





  4. #40

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread






  5. #41

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread






  6. #42

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    gotta love trump workin to save jobs in china
    You gotta give credit where credit is due...

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/30856...-emily-zanotti
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-20-2018 at 03:09 PM.





  7. #43

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    You gotta give credit where credit is due...

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/30856...-emily-zanotti
    that $500 investment didnt hurt
    lets see the follow thru





  8. #44

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    always like to read different viewpoints on things
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/335809...-trade-deficit





  9. #45

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    always like to read different viewpoints on things
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/335809...-trade-deficit
    So, it sounds like the ZTE component of the deal was indeed a bargaining chip for the president as a few of us stated earlier in the thread. This is how negotiations work. In order to get something, you gotta give up something.

    Let's not forget...the only reason this is happening is because of the relationship Trump and Xi have. This larger trade deal is for the betterment of our economy and Trump has all the leverage because China is clearly ripping us off.

    In my line of work...this is textbook negotiating.

    If I were Xi, I would sell this internally as a temporary agreement. Once Trump is no longer POTUS in 2 years or 6 years, they will go back to ripping us off unless the new POTUS doesn''t allow it.





  10. #46

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    wait so allowing a foreign company that has been sanctioned numerous times and could be used as a spy for a foreign govt to operate in the US is a bargaining chip?
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...46281/download
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...y-risk-n874276
    https://www.cyberscoop.com/android-m...-blu-products/





  11. #47

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    wait so allowing a foreign company that has been sanctioned numerous times and could be used as a spy for a foreign govt to operate in the US is a bargaining chip?
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...46281/download
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...y-risk-n874276
    https://www.cyberscoop.com/android-m...-blu-products/
    So Baldy, let me get YOUR take on all this...

    What do you think?





  12. #48

    Re: Investment/Economy Thread

    Iíll agree with the intelligen community on this one





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site