Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Can the Raven fan base handle the drafting of Lamar Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Damn it, I was hiding my racism cause I didn't think we would pick Jackson. But now that we actually do have a black QB on our team... all bets are off.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
    Lmao. Careful...you may make an “unwanted “friend in Filthy/MV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    You and I know that drafting Lamar Jackson would create the biggest quarterback controversy known to man. For a variety of different reasons. Would you agree?
    The only controversy would be because of Flacco's contract and the obvious future waiting behind him. That would be the controversy, but I dont see it being any more controversial than when Kansas City drafted Pat Mahomes last year to sit behind Alex Smith.

I'm sure there will be some dumbass fans that would not like it for racist reasons, but by and large, I think a lot of the fans would be excited and for good reason - Lamar Jackson is an exciting player on the field.

From a football perspective, I dont know if I would be too pumped about Lamar Jackson in round-1.

My reasons are as follows:
    1. I don't think they should draft a QB in round-1 knowing Flacco's contract is keeping him here for at least 2 years.
    2. I don't think that John Harbaugh/Marty M are good enough coaches to get the most out of Lamar Jackson and where he needs to be to be successful in the NFL.
    3. He has a strong arm, but his mechanics are not so good - this is especially true on timing routes towards the sidelines. Those are things that are going to take a lot of coaching to fix. I think Jackson would be much more successful working with a coach like Shaun Payton, Adam Gase, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Gotta keep it 100 and trill for the masses. Joe Flacco time in Baltimore has run its course. He’s well into his 30s and he is a shell of the himself. Now is the time to get his replacement.

Steve Biscotti is between a rock and a hard place. The NFL is a business first and foremost, so you have to protect your brand. People always say make the best football decision, but at the end of the day this is a business and you can’t tick off your customers.

But what if a large percentage of your fan base would be opposed to drafting Jackson, because he is diametrically opposite of Joe Flacco. After the kneeling and Kapernick debacle, do they have the balls to get the best qb available.

LJ is no EJ Manuel, he’s not articulate and he’s unpolished. He doesn’t project as a CEO type, and he is a product of the urban culture. But he’s accounted for 120 touchdowns and has the highest ceiling in the draft.

But in today’s political and social climate, he’s a lightning rod because he is a barometer of social perception, bias, and bigotry. Gonna be an interesting development if it happens!!!
    Well lets clear some things up 1st. You're math skills are apparently right there on par with your grammar skills because Joe Flacco is 33 years old. That is not well into your thirties. Well into your thirties would be 35+ I would think most people would agree with.

Secondly, (LJ is no EJ Manuel) he's not articulate or unpolished? Since when does being articulate and the ability to speak fluently have to do with a QB being able to understand a playbook?

You want to draft the guy simply because he is black. He is the lowest and least most accurate passer coming out this year. The Ravens fan base by LARGE LARGE majority has no interest in Lamar Jackson because most of the fan base believes this college wonder will not translate to the NFL level. They have NO interest in him because he wont be able to play the position properly which the #1 job of a QB is actually being able to pass the ball efficiently.

But this common sense approach goes right over your head like most topics do and the only thing you see is SKIN COLOR.

He is no where near the passer Desean Watson was coming out of college. Lamar Jackson has not even hit 60% completion percentage in college EVER.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Damn it, I was hiding my racism cause I didn't think we would pick Jackson. But now that we actually do have a black QB on our team... all bets are off.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
    Yea, but RGIII speaks well and is married to a white girl.

So, like many other educated black men and women in America's history...they're not really black.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The Thread title should be changed too "can the raven's fan base handle another dumbass thread started by Filth"?

LOL What the Fu** does the guy being articulate have to do with anything?

I watched a segment on the QBS last night, there is no question Lamar Jackson he without a doubt takes over as "KING UGLY" title of training camp battle if he is drafted by the Ravens. Face like a saint Bernard. No wonder his momma is his agent. Any woman coming after him is for sure after the money.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    The Thread title should be changed too "can the raven's fan base handle another dumbass thread started by Filth"?

LOL What the Fu** does the guy being articulate have to do with anything?

I watched a segment on the QBS last night, there is no question Lamar Jackson he without a doubt takes over as "KING UGLY" title of training camp battle if he is drafted by the Ravens. Face like a saint Bernard. No wonder his momma is his agent. Any woman coming after him is for sure after the money.
    With his accuracy issues, I doubt he has to worry about getting a girl pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Only in the aspect of a 1st round pick sitting behind the franchise QB

Sorry but I don’t see the race issue you so desperately want to push. The Ravens have had black QBs before. Hell we have RG3 now.
    RG3 doesn't count. I think he would be considered a "Carlton" or a "sellout" to someone like filthy MV.

He’s articulate and polished...which I assume means he speaks coherently and dresses nice?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    With his accuracy issues, I doubt he has to worry about getting a girl pregnant
    LOL yeah he would for sure be hitting the wrong hole.

But in all seriousness, the guy would take over Suggs role of King Ugly. Kid looks like the missing link. Fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I remember people poking fun of Flacco rookie year for the unibrow.

Gotta keep it 100 and trill for the masses. Joe Flacco time in Baltimore has run its course. He’s well into his 30s and he is a shell of the himself. Now is the time to get his replacement.

Steve Biscotti is between a rock and a hard place. The NFL is a business first and foremost, so you have to protect your brand. People always say make the best football decision, but at the end of the day this is a business and you can’t tick off your customers.

But what if a large percentage of your fan base would be opposed to drafting Jackson, because he is diametrically opposite of Joe Flacco. After the kneeling and Kapernick debacle, do they have the balls to get the best qb available.

LJ is no EJ Manuel, he’s not articulate and he’s unpolished. He doesn’t project as a CEO type, and he is a product of the urban culture. But he’s accounted for 120 touchdowns and has the highest ceiling in the draft.

But in today’s political and social climate, he’s a lightning rod because he is a barometer of social perception, bias, and bigotry. Gonna be an interesting development if it happens!!!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    RG3 doesn't count. I think he would be considered a "Carlton" or a "sellout" to someone like filthy MV.

He’s articulate and polished...which I assume means he speaks coherently and dresses nice?
    I believe Filthy calls them Uncle Toms, or in other words, any black guy that doesn't make it about race
    Last edited by usmccharles; 04-24-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Is he an accurate passer? Can he make all the throws? Can he read a defense? Does he have pocket awareness? Does he hold on to the ball too long? Does he love football? Does he desire to be the best QB in the league? Do you have to worry about what he's doing when not playing football?That's how I judge a quarterback and hopefully that's how the Raven's Front Office judge a QB's ability as well. We all know how Filth judges a football player. He needs to see a picture of the player without his helmet on before he can do his scouting report.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Is he an accurate passer? Can he make all the throws? Can he read a defense? Does he have pocket awareness? Does he hold on to the ball too long? Does he love football? Does he desire to be the best QB in the league? Do you have to worry about what he's doing when not playing football?That's how I judge a quarterback and hopefully that's how the Raven's Front Office judge a QB's ability as well. We all know how Filth judges a football player. He needs to see a picture of the player without his helmet on before he can do his scouting report.
    So in other words, he needs to

Shut up and scout

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart