Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie's Surprise Pick at #16 - Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I had this nightmare that Rosen fell to #16, and Ozzie traded back so the Patriots could draft him. Rosen turned into another Brady and tormented us for the next 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol.

If Rosen falls to 16, I have to think the Ravens would probably take that opportunity to draft him. I cannot CANNOT see Rosen falling out of the Top-10 though. That would be an Aaron Rodgers like slide.

If Rosen is there at 16, you take him and figure everything else out later. Rosen may not have the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft, but he's easily the most complete QB in this draft when you factor in arm strength, accuracy, intelligence, size, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    There is no way that Ozzie knows the pick is going to be a surprise at the stage unless he has a trade in place to move up to grab someone or he is going to draft someone way higher that they are anticipated to go. Other than that he has no idea who will actually be available at 16.
    Not many mocks have Guice going higher than #16, IIANM. Of course, Ozzie is very probably not locked into anyone, but could have been thinking of a specific player when he made his comment.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville
    Or
    Josh Jackson, CB Iowa

Picking another 1st round CB in back to back years. Also i would think , Jimmy Smith contract next season is cut , traded or paycut. Would think Eric wants to get rid of the contract with 2 recent First rounds CB’s starting.

I like both but still would be a surprise.
    Good picks - Jackson would bring the ball skills that Humphrey is missing. Those two would make a fine pair of outside CBs. I think they would look to be able to replace Jimmy soon, not because of his contract, but his age and injury problems.

You are right - there has been little chatter about a CB for us.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lol.

If Rosen falls to 16, I have to think the Ravens would probably take that opportunity to draft him. I cannot CANNOT see Rosen falling out of the Top-10 though. That would be an Aaron Rodgers like slide.

If Rosen is there at 16, you take him and figure everything else out later. Rosen may not have the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft, but he's easily the most complete QB in this draft when you factor in arm strength, accuracy, intelligence, size, etc.
    I would be cool with Rosen but my dream would be Baker LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    And 30 TDs, along with 1000 yards from Collins. That's more than enough to win if your D is stout.

Vick contributed about 3200 yards of offense in 2004 with the Falcons and only 17 total touchdowns along with 1000 from Dunn.

The result?

#1 rushing offense and 11-5 W/L record.

He was 8-3 with the Eagles. It's an approach that can work with the right personnel in place.
    And did what with the 11-5 record ? There’s a reason he was 2-4 in the post season and he only ever played 16 games 1 time out of 12 years (not counting jail time in that 12 years either) its not sustainable Cam has been getting injured lately and he’s bigger then 3/4s of the people hitting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We drafting Da'ron Payne DT alabama for an interior pass rush.... it has been forseen
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I would be cool with Rosen but my dream would be Baker LOL
    Baker going #1 ...at worst he falls to the Jets
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    We drafting Da'ron Payne DT alabama for an interior pass rush.... it has been forseen
    I'm actually good with getting someone that can actually provide an interior pass-rush. The lack of pass-rush from the Ravens front-7 has been a fucking joke for a few years now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

There will be no surprise. It will be McGlinchey, Ridely/Moore/Sutton, or a top defender who falls. We're pretty easy to figure out most years.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He is but mentally it's still tough for many people to be okay with a RB at #16.

If you're right though you're going to make an impact year 1 which is a lot more than you can say about other offensive skill positions. If everyone really is on the hotseat that means something vs. a WR who will probably catch 30 balls for 400 yards once he starts figuring out how things work at the end of the season.
    Whoever drafts Guice is going to expect him to be bursting out of the gate. Collins will likely do better with 12-15 carries per game than with 20+, so a beast like Guice could be a real help.

Here are some Strengths attributed to Guice in one of the draft reports:

"can create his own fortune"
    "able to push piles"
    "shows ability to impose his will in the fourth quarter" (I like that!)
    "exceptional contact balance carrying power to punish second-level tacklers"

I can see why he is mocked a lot to the Steelers.

Do you cosign on these traits?

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I can see Ozzie twitching - but Bisciotti said no to DT and QB in the first round, and that wasn't smoke.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    im down then. good isnurance ( Guice ) for collins and buck
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He ( Guice ) is but mentally it's still tough for many people to be okay with a RB at #16.

If you're right though you're going to make an impact year 1 which is a lot more than you can say about other offensive skill positions. If everyone really is on the hotseat that means something vs. a WR who will probably catch 30 balls for 400 yards once he starts figuring out how things work at the end of the season.
    I would not draft RB in the 1st. Why do we need "insurance" at a position where we already have three (Collins, Allen, Dixon) capable backs, when we don't have a TE or RT to speak of, are in need of a 2nd ILB, and could sorely use a young WR to develop? Barkley aside, if I was Ozzie I wouldn't even sniff RB until after the 4th round... Bc