Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ozzie's Surprise Pick at #16 - Who?

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    It’s going to be DJ Moore.

Ozzie thinks we all think Ridley is the slam dunk for him, and he also thinks that we aren’t expecting a 1st round WR with all the FA signings... ergo Moore is a surprise.

(I hope)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think Moore makes it to us. I think AZ takes him if they don't go. Qb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

There is no way that Ozzie knows the pick is going to be a surprise at the stage unless he has a trade in place to move up to grab someone or he is going to draft someone way higher that they are anticipated to go. Other than that he has no idea who will actually be available at 16.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I 100% guarantee you that it is Lamar Jackson. All signs point to the fact that they are legitimately considering him.

Take these factors:

- Looking at the QBs that Marty and Roman have had in the past, it's possible that they have chimed in on wanting an athletic QB like LJ to fit their system and chances of them getting one as athletic as LJ in a few years from now are slim to none.

- It fits the way that the Ravens have always been built to win football games. Play defense and run the football down the opponents throats to keep the defense rested on the sideline. What better way to do that than with a QB that can run?

- Having LJ, a guy that can make plays on his own gives them the perfect excuse to continue to draft and build on the defense instead of the offense.

Everyone here knows that I want Ridley but I'm mentally prepared for the strong possibility that it's gonna be Lamar Jackson walking up that stage for us.
    I hope not.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville
    Or
    Josh Jackson, CB Iowa

Picking another 1st round CB in back to back years. Also i would think , Jimmy Smith contract next season is cut , traded or paycut. Would think Eric wants to get rid of the contract with 2 recent First rounds CB’s starting.

I like both but still would be a surprise.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville
    Or
    Josh Jackson, CB Iowa

Picking another 1st round CB in back to back years. Also i would think , Jimmy Smith contract next season is cut , traded or paycut. Would think Eric wants to get rid of the contract with 2 recent First rounds CB’s starting.

I like both but still would be a surprise.
    I actually think Jackson is the guy that is most likely to end up as our pick at this point. I wouldn't be surprised at all. CB is a definite need for the exact reasons you named.

I think a WR or QB would be most surprising at this point given who's now on our roster, and Ozzie's history.

Ozzie's MO this offseason has not been one that would make sense to draft Lamar Jackson. If he didn't want to try and win with Joe I dont see the point in some of our moves.

my surprise guy. I dont know if it's a big surprise, but I'm going to say Harold Landry. I think he goes edge rusher if he can.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    my surprise guy. I dont know if it's a big surprise, but I'm going to say Harold Landry. I think he goes edge rusher if he can.
    I can see Landry or Davenport being the pick if one of them is there. There was some mention of the need for another edge rusher at some point early-post season.

Blog Entries

Derrius Guice. The Ravens brought him in for a private workout. If they are looking for instant offense in 2018 Guice is the way to make it happen. If Ozzie does anything weird this is going to be the move.

is guice a 3 down back?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    is guice a 3 down back?
    Are you? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Are you? LOL
    sipping henney again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The optimistic side of me will be excited because of what an exciting player he is and hes gonna give us some fireworks from the very beginning.

The other side of me is just mixed feelings. QBs like him are so difficult to truly measure how good they will be in the NFL because we have seen success out of them but it fully depends on how this person is used and if he makes wise decisions in accordance to what he's good and isn't good at. His choice to not show off his strengths in the combine is incredibly concerning because if he tries to play like a player that he isn't, he'll fail hard.

But looking at his college #s which look like straight up madden 99 overall numbers on rookie mode, you can see that he knew how to play to his strengths at that level because both his rushing and passing numbers are impressive.

Having Marty, helps his case.

If we could get something similar to what Marty got from Vick when he was his OC in 2010

3018 passing yards 21 TD 8 INT
    676 rushing yards 9 rushing touchdowns

On top of Collins/Dixon, a stout defense and a kicker that never misses, we're gonna be dangerous.
    So a qb with 3600 yards worth of offense makes us dangerous, how so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk