View Poll Results: Will you be ok if the Ravens dont draft 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

30 78.95%
  • NO

8 21.05%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Will you be ok if the Ravens dont draft 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL, problem is our "ace" is in this "hole" :

Calling Captain Video... Bc
    LOL....great response. My post was said in jest, but I am wondering how he fares this year......and if he even makes the final 53. Guess we'll see. It seems like w/all the potential talent we are signing and potentially drafting just where he fits in......and if he even does. There's only so many spots.....

Re: Will you be ok if the Ravens dont draft 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds?

Who at the position is going to be putting up numbers like 5/60/2, 6/100/1, 7/120/0 in just two years from now?
    Who on the roster has the reliability, athletics and past performance that even suggests as much?

Leaving a Moore, Miller or <enter your Day 1/Day 2 favorite here> on the Board is not smart at all IMO of course.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 04-21-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Pass rush is a bigger need right now and depth at OL...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Who at the position is going to be putting up numbers like 5/60/2, 6/100/1, 7/120/0 in just two years from now?
    Who on the roster has the reliability, athletics and past performance that even suggests as much?

Leaving a Moore, Miller or <enter your Day 1/Day 2 favorite here> on the Board is not smart at all IMO of course.
    Yessir

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

Didn’t we draft 5 of them over the last few years lol

I won’t be happy if they don’t take at least 1 wr and 1 Te/wr in the first 3 rounds.

Blog Entries

Hard to see where there’s even room for two WRs in the first 4 rounds. They aren’t going to carry more than 6 on the 53. Crabtree, Snead (assuming), Brown, Moore are all sure to make it. Then you still have White, Abedoyejo, and Perriman. Have to think one of those 3 make the team. So there’s your five, along with hopefully a first/second day pick and your WR roster is set for the year. TE and RT are bigger needs at this point. And probably a 2 down ILB, although I’d prefer they pursue a cheaper veteran for that role (still hoping Navarro Bowman shows up)

they atilk dont havr any cheap-ish control over any youngish wrs outside of snead and chris Moore

i think they need at least 1 wr somewhere. hopefully 2. i agree we need a TE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Didn’t we draft 5 of them over the last few years lol
    Yeah. Give them room to breathe. If they don't develop, next year's pass rush class will probably be deeper.

10. Re: Will you be ok if the Ravens dont draft 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

I agree. Fans wanting/expecting them to draft WR's have to (should) consider just how many roster spots there are and how many WR's make the 53. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I agree. Fans wanting/expecting them to draft WR's have to (should) consider just how many roster spots there are and how many WR's make the 53. Just sayin'.

Bowser. Tim Williams. Chris Wormely. Correa. Kafusi. Willie Henry. Matthew Judon.

Thats just drafted assets from the last 2 drafts. We have to let some of those develop and eat up some meaningful snaps before we start saying that Pass Rush is a bigger need, so lets triple down on that. Naw, yo. NAW.

OL, I wouldn't mind a pick there, but from teh last 2 years:

Siragusa. Eluemore. Ronnie Stanley. Alex Lewis. Thats 4 picks in the last 2 years, but a nice UDFA type find in Skura. Its not bare bones in terms of guys to develop.

Meanwhile, WR over the last 2 years:

Chris Moore. Keenan Reynold (QB/WR no longer in the league). That's it.

At TE: NOTHING in the last 2 years.