Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Offer Sheet WR Willie Snead

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You absolutely draft 2. All these free agents are short term plug ins. The idea is to use them until your young guys are ready.

Perriman is going to have a tough time making the team though unless there are a couple of injuries. He'll get his shot in camp but it's 50/50 at best for him in my opinion.
    agreed. Even Snead is a 2 year stop gap. Whos says he re-signs in 2020? or that if he doesnt work out, we cut him?

our 1 year outlook is great. our 3 year and beyond is still very poor and thats what the draft is for. Its not going to change their board any, imo, but i dont think any of these moves were going to.

Grant gets joked about, but he was a longterm solution in their eyes that none of these others are so far. Crab didnt even get a 4 year deal.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    Or maybe get the top TE (Hurst) in the first rd, and pick up a WR in round 2?
    There's no TE worth taking #16. We're looking at a Mike McGlinchey, Roquan Smith kind of pick.

TE could very well go round 2, and WR in round 3 or 4 at this point. Or vice versa.

I like it, and now we really, really need a REAL TE. I know people hate getting a TE early but our two biggest issues are TE and OL so I want some combination of those two rounds 1 & 2 in this draft.

Also, this just makes it that much easier to trade back in round 1 for an extra round 3 pick. I'm really liking that scenario, unless a Roquan or Fitzpatrick falls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Perriman going to need to really ball out to make this team.
    hopefully. assuming we draft 2 hell be on the way out. cant see us keeping 7 and not having that guy be a STs ace.

Crab, Brown, Snead, Rookie, Moore... Perriman, white, QA and any UDFAs or late draft picks will battle it out for that last spot or two.
    -JAB

Bye bye stone hands...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    1) Crabtree
    2) Brown
    3) Snead
    4) Rd 2-4 draft pick
    5) Moore
    6) White

draft another WR late and the last spot will be a fight between him, Adeboyejo, and Perriman.
    I'm with ya. Give me Moore, Washington, Miller, Hamilton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    I like it, and now we really, really need a REAL TE. I know people hate getting a TE early but our two biggest issues are TE and OL so I want some combination of those two rounds 1 & 2 in this draft.
    There's a glut of day 2 TEs and I sincerely hope they get one (that pans out of course). Hurst, Goedert, Andrews, Gesicki, Thomas could all go Round 2... Herndon and Schultz after that.

I would draft WR at pick 16 (ie DJ Moore) before I draft TE.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Perriman going to need to really PRAY to make this team.
    ftfy

i guess were not drafting 2 wr high =/

bye miller/moore/gallup

I'm kind of torn by these moves. As a baseline I support ANY effort to remake the WR corps from last year. And I love the Crabtree signing because I think he's a good player, a great fit, and falls under "right player/right price."

I'm just not sure about signing John Brown and Willie Snead to be the #2 and #3 at 5m/year contracts. They are betting on 2 players who appeared to be in decline reversing course and I don't know if those are reasonable hopes. I guess if even just ONE of the two works out we'll be better off than last year.

I know a lot of people are saying this won't affect the draft board but I highly doubt that. My guess is that the Ravens just philosophically don't want to draft a WR high--now that they have 3 decent guys they don't feel like they HAVE to, either. I guess it'll be hard to know until draft night. If Ridley is on the board at #16 and they pass on him I'll be enraged.

Ozzie getting aggressive for WR, I like it. Still want Ridley for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk