Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Offer Sheet WR Willie Snead

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    People are trying to rewrite the narrative by saying they never wanted these players the guy they targeted was Snead all along f that revisionist bull.
    Who said that? I can't find anyone saying that.

It was reported we were aggressively pursuing Dez. We've pursued just about every WR to hit the market.

Sounds like Dez had no interest or the price tag was too high. I'd assume the former than the latter.

Some have been saying the whole time that Snead would be a better fit as a slot guy with Brown and Crabtree on the outside.

I don't see any revisionism
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

It's much easier to find a slot receiver whether that be the draft or FA then find someone with Dez skillset. Sorry. I know people who are sports fans are optimists but Snead has been available the entire offseason and there was a reason why we waited so long to make this move. It's because Ebron, Hurns, and now Dez turned us down.

People are trying to rewrite the narrative by saying they never wanted these players the guy they targeted was Snead all along f that revisionist bull.

John Brown and Snead are both coming of serious injuries and had a combine 400 yards last year but somehow everyone is elated with what Ozzie has done. I'm not buying it. I would have been fine with bringing back Camp in Snead role if it meant Dez. What this team needs is an impact receiver to play alongside Crabtree.
    What part of I like don’t you understand. I did not try to rewrite history. I liked the idea of Bryant until I saw his catch %. It absolutely dropped off a cliff three years ago. The QB is not an excuse as all the other wrs or TEs did not decline. Dez is same type of receiver as Crabtree and drops a shit ton of balls. We needed a slot. The big reason is I want the Ravens to draft a WR early and that will be someone that is more than likely going to an outside receiver.

Personal opinion Bro.

So Saints still mulling this over ..???

Blog Entries

Boller4President making up narratives?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Boller4President making up narratives?
    What narrative am I making up? The fact people here are acting like they wanted Snead all along when we know he was available and we showed more interest in other guys?

What narrative am I making up? The fact people here are acting like they wanted Snead all along when we know he was available and we showed more interest in other guys?
    People were very interested in Snead becuase of his fit in the offense and the skillset we're missing.

No one said "they never wanted these guys". It was widely reported we were on in on Dez. Go back through the Dez thread. A few people said they preferred Snead becuase of skillset and the money factor.

I see no revisionist history going on.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So Saints still mulling this over ..???
    Jason La Canfora

Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
    22h22 hours ago
    More
    Willie Snead set to become a Baltimore Raven next week. Saints not planning to match offer sheet

I think they normally wait till the time limit is up regardless of what they're going to do. But it looks like he will be aRaven.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Jason La Canfora

Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
    22h22 hours ago
    More
    Willie Snead set to become a Baltimore Raven next week. Saints not planning to match offer sheet

I think they normally wait till the time limit is up regardless of what they're going to do. But it looks like he will be aRaven.
    The Saints don't need to do anything or announce anything, they'll just let time elapse & their inactivity will have Snead in purple. Interesting that he was working out w/the Saints & fully participating in their OTAs. Hoping that means that he's in shape & healthy for our next round of OTAs & the Joe Flacco offseason passing camp.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    The Saints don't need to do anything or announce anything, they'll just let time elapse & their inactivity will have Snead in purple. Interesting that he was working out w/the Saints & fully participating in their OTAs. Hoping that means that he's in shape & healthy for our next round of OTAs & the Joe Flacco offseason passing camp.
    One thing I do like about that is he wasn't being petty or anything. They tendered him which means he was technically on their team. So he didn't wait. He just got out there and did work. Good to see him working out after being hurt too.

Minor details, but positives nonetheless.
    - Ray Lewis

One thing I do like about that is he wasn't being petty or anything. They tendered him which means he was technically on their team. So he didn't wait. He just got out there and did work. Good to see him working out after being hurt too.

Minor details, but positives nonetheless.
    Hate to say it but his actions show character. That may have led to the Ravens signing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People were very interested in Snead becuase of his fit in the offense and the skillset we're missing.

No one said "they never wanted these guys". It was widely reported we were on in on Dez. Go back through the Dez thread. A few people said they preferred Snead becuase of skillset and the money factor.

I see no revisionist history going on.
    Seemed 50/50 at best on that thread for whether people wanted him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hate to say it but his actions show character. That may have led to the Ravens signing him.
    All indications are that he is dedicated to his employer both on and off the field. If you read articles of his DUI, just about everyone says it was way out of character. It seems like a blip on the radar.

Also, here is a nice article from 2015 about him working hard to make a team (plus, check out his hand size and his catch radius despite being less than 6')

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...ugh-the-cracks