Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Davis is absolutely killing this team. First, with his performance and second with the money he pulls in that can't be used on real players to help this team. His contract will go down as the worst in franchise history.

And if you think this is a boring team (and I do), imagine it without Machado and Adam Jones. It's coming.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

not great Bob

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Davis is horrible right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Just now?

Chris Davis is a turd that can't be flushed

Blog Entries

lol yea they definitely over-paid this cat. I was trying to tell folks bout Davis but some thinks he is a star.

lol yea they definitely over-paid this cat. I was trying to tell folks bout Davis but some thinks he is a star.
    No one thinks Chris Davis is a star. The brilliant owner decided to get involved in the Davis negotiations and ended up bidding against himself. All because HR's put asses in the seats.

They need to blow the whole thing up. Anyone not named Bundy, Mancini, Hays, or Sisco can go. That includes Duquette and Buck. Love what Buck did for this organization, but it isn't working anymore.

I honestly don't understand the decision at all. I thought that's the whole reason they re-signed Trumbo; they get the exact type of player (1st base/DH/Power Hitter) for a fraction of the cost, and immediately after I feel they made the reasonable move, they sign Davis to one of the most ridiculous contracts I've ever seen, possibly the worst current contract in the league.

I'm beginning to think there is some truth to the rumors that Dan Duquette got his balls chopped off by Angelos after gunning for the Toronto GM position, and now we have a bunch of guys making crucial personnel decisions that aren't qualified to do so. From my understanding Brady Anderson doesn't even report to Dan Duqette; he reports directly to the owners. It seems like the Orioles are well on there way to being the Baltimore Shit birds of old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    I honestly don't understand the decision at all. I thought that's the whole reason they re-signed Trumbo; they get the exact type of player (1st base/DH/Power Hitter) for a fraction of the cost, and immediately after I feel they made the reasonable move, they sign Davis to one of the most ridiculous contracts I've ever seen, possibly the worst current contract in the league.

I'm beginning to think there is some truth to the rumors that Dan Duquette got his balls chopped off by Angelos after gunning for the Toronto GM position, and now we have a bunch of guys making crucial personnel decisions that aren't qualified to do so. From my understanding Brady Anderson doesn't even report to Dan Duqette; he reports directly to the owners. It seems like the Orioles are well on there way to being the Baltimore Shit birds of old
    I agree, smh the O's gonna do O's things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    No one thinks Chris Davis is a star. The brilliant owner decided to get involved in the Davis negotiations and ended up bidding against himself. All because HR's put asses in the seats.

They need to blow the whole thing up. Anyone not named Bundy, Mancini, Hays, or Sisco can go. That includes Duquette and Buck. Love what Buck did for this organization, but it isn't working anymore.
    lo I agree dawg...to me it looks like the Os have a bunch of sluggers who go for mile every time they at the plate, I tried watching one game the other day and there was no small ball, and all this talk about Machado too and he hasn't done much since moving to short stop.

Blog Entries

I’ve watched I think 3 total innings so far this year and it was about 2 and a half more then I should. It’s the Os failing to drive runs in while allowing runs in every inning I watched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo I agree dawg...to me it looks like the Os have a bunch of sluggers who go for mile every time they at the plate, I tried watching one game the other day and there was no small ball, and all this talk about Machado too and he hasn't done much since moving to short stop.
    It's been that way for years. Everyone wants to hit a 600 ft HR.

All Machado has done at SS is weaken the defense. Beckham has no business being at 3B. Only the Orioles would cater to the demands of a guy that isn't going to be here in a few months.