Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That group was almost the entire core of the last rebuild attempt, from a pitching perspective.
    Supposed to be flush with starters, but not a one. Live and die by the three run homer, which was working when the bullpen could bail a starter out of his usual five or six inning start, where he would already be over 100 pitches by the sixth inning.

Common denominator in all the Os present and past Futility......Peter Angelos. Baseball unlike Football hasn’t really changed all that much. Still need solid pitching. Still need hits to score and you still need solid defense to win. The O’s used to grow that on the farm. The “Orioles Way” was taught system wide. Now we barley develop any player that any other team would want despite having 14 yrs of high picks. How can Houston go from the laughing stock of baseball , a perennial basement dweller, to possibly the best team in the game??? They’ve been steadily improving since the move to the American League. Why? I say good ownership that has put the right people in place to move the franchise forward. They stay out of the day to day and let the baseball guys baseball. We had that with McPhail .....Angelos let him walk. I’d give about 90% of the past few yrs success to Andy. The new GM walked into a good situation like Harbage did in 2008. Since Dan’s fingers have been on the team ..look where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Seriously, how can you be over ten games out of first place before the end of April?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seriously, how can you be over ten games out of first place before the end of April?
    It hasn't even gotten warm enough to attend a game without a jacket and they very well might be out of it already.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Bundy had another good start tonight and they got a whole 3 runs to support him for the win. Manny seems to be playing well offensively and thats it. Looking at the box score I have never seen so many sub .200 averages

Blog Entries

tried to watch a little this afternoon. what a boring team. pitching was decent but nobody can get a hit

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    tried to watch a little this afternoon. what a boring team. pitching was decent but nobody can get a hit
    Yeah what an awful game, pathetic

Thanks to Boston's rare loss (17-3) the O's only fall to 11.5 games back. The Miami Marlins are more in the pennant race than the O's, but they're supposed to be bad. If not for the Reds, The Orioles would be the worst team in baseball. They're definitely the most under performing. Going to be a painful season.

Those calling to trade Machado last year were so right. I was not in that camp.

Blog Entries

lost again that's 10 out of last 12.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I didnt think they should trade him last year either. I thought they could bounce back to being a good team and be could certainly help them. Plus I just didnt like the idea of parting with one of the best players in baseball. When was the last time the O's had one of the top 3 players in the GAME? But now I agree. They aren't going to pay him his asking price what with paying Davis as much as they do and and they should have gotten what they could for him last year.

they should have moved everyone this offseason and rebuild around many and schoop