Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    lost their 9th straight. 31 games below .500 woo hoo
    How are the Orioles the worst team in baseball? You look at that roster and they shouldn't be this horrible.

I know the pitching coach is not exempt from blame, but what about the hitting coach? We probably have the least disciplined hitters in baseball. Davis, Jones, and Schoop (to name a few) swing at pitches wildly out of the strike zone and then stand there and watch pitches that go right over the plate. It's maddening watching them bat. Even Mancini has adopted this approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Best-case scenario (i.e., wishful thinking):

- Rick Dempsey becomes manager; Jim Palmer his pitching coach.
    - Rick gets (via Duquette) a veteran player to take over the clubhouse.
    - Both Machado and Britton (if he returns to 2016 form) are resigned.
    - Multiple trades are made to increase next year's high draft picks.

Worst-case scenario (World Series NON-contender for another decade):

- Showalter gets contract extension (and so does his pitching coach).
    - Duquette does not.
    - Best players unloaded for practically worthless (long-term) prospects.
    - Machado and Britton sign with Yankees and Red Sox respectively.
    - Angelos makes arrangements to keep ownership within his family.
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How are the Orioles the worst team in baseball? You look at that roster and they shouldn't be this horrible.
    If they had a million dollar bet to come in last they wouldn't be this inept. Every way possible to lose games. I just read the highlights now, it's over.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

At OPACY, O's last won on Mothers Day (17-1) before winning next on Fathers Day (10-4).

Obviously the solution to more home wins is to get more family honor days scheduled. I'm thinking Family Goldfish Day first. Who doesn't like goldfish?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    At OPACY, O's last won on Mothers Day (17-1) before winning next on Fathers Day (10-4).

Obviously the solution to more home wins is to get more family honor days scheduled. I'm thinking Family Goldfish Day first. Who doesn't like goldfish?
    So right! I love goldfish. I think I swallowed about 40 of them at a party in college... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I know the pitching coach is not exempt from blame, but what about the hitting coach? We probably have the least disciplined hitters in baseball. Davis, Jones, and Schoop (to name a few) swing at pitches wildly out of the strike zone and then stand there and watch pitches that go right over the plate. It's maddening watching them bat. Even Mancini has adopted this approach.

They're professionals who have been playing the game their whole life. You can't teach somebody how to draw a walk. If you want to do that, you have to do it when they're in diapers. This isn't like an offensive coordinator who draws up a gameplan, and manages a lot of moving pieces. There's a reason that hitting coaches are paid next to nothing, and professional ballplayers are paid millions. A hitting coach has less responsibility than the assistant WR coach. If anything, if you're concerned with the offensive capabilities of your team, you look to the guys who make decisions, and bring players in. You craft your roster to bring in guys who can draw walks. You do this by identifying guys who have drawn walks at the professional level, or have done it consistently at the high school/college level when you're drafting. Can't teach it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post

Agree about the horrendous hitting approach. Showalter encourages them to swing away in ALL circumstances (i.e., NO sacrificing - NO manufacturing of runs).

Blog Entries

Haven’t beaten an AL team since May 25th.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Haven’t beaten an AL team since May 25th.
    suck.jpg

Bmore Orioles Fans

1 hr ·

Orioles lose 7-1. They are 23-58 at the halfway point and 11-28 at home. They’ve lost 16 of their last 17 games at Camden Yards and are 0-14 versus the American League West. They haven’t beat an AL team since May 25th. 22nd time they’ve been held to 1 run or fewer and the 34th time they’ve scored two or fewer.

Orioles Tragic

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Orioles Tragic

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    I see what you did there. Very clever. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk