Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL I T T, you would concentrate on that...

hmmm, he could use a shave... Bc
    Nah BC ..that makes him look “manly”. Lol. My daughter is “over the Moon” with Joey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Nah BC ..that makes him look “manly”. Lol. My daughter is “over the Moon” with Joey.

concur. he could use more facial hair!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    concur. he could use more facial hair!

Ha! Are you my daughter?!?! That’s exactly what she would say! Joey’s jersey was the one thing she wanted for Christmas. Of course I got her one ( pissed off my son-in-law) ha! Bonus for Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ha! Are you my daughter?!?! That’s exactly what she would say! Joey’s jersey was the one thing she wanted for Christmas. Of course I got her one ( pissed off my son-in-law) ha! Bonus for Dad.

that's cute! my dad is the one responsible for my O's and Ravens fandom

Sorry to interrupt the good feelings about the Caps, but in other news this morning: Chris Davis is on course for the worst year ever.

As in, for any major leaguer, ever (well OK, only since 1901)

http://http://www.espn.com/mlb/story...rst-season-all

Anyone care to bet that Buck won't again pencil him again as starter today?

6. Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the good feelings about the Caps, but in other news this morning: Chris Davis is on course for the worst year ever.

As in, for any major leaguer, ever (well OK, only since 1901)

http://http://www.espn.com/mlb/story...rst-season-all

Anyone care to bet that Buck won't again pencil him again as starter today?
    Is this the worst contract in the history of baseball? Or is it still Bobby Bonilla.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Is this the worst contract in the history of baseball? Or is it still Bobby Bonilla.
    Bonilla takes the cake. Arent they STILL paying him?

Blog Entries

Question Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Bonilla takes the cake. Arent they STILL paying him?
    As of Sep 30, 2016 :

"Bobby Bonilla hasn't played in a professional baseball game since 2001, yet on July 1 of this year, the New York Mets paid him $1.19 million. And they will every July 1 until 2035, as part of a deferred contract that the Mets negotiated with Bonilla after the 1999 season."

... Bc

P.S. - the NY Mets will also regret the contract given to David Wright too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    This will be the worst. Chris Davis is setting records for ineptitude. Soon there will be a Davis line of 150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Davis is the current worst ever contract. If the Os had his 24 million a year freed up they could resign Manny. Boom Boom could play first, his natural position and you’d get rid of a batter hitting .160 on a hot streak. My God did anyone ever show him how to bunt? The SS is standing on second and he is still trying to pull everything. You can’t blame signing him on the GM this is Bucks and Brady’s doing. Buck loves him like a son and Brady was looking for a wedge to gain power. The GM was not interested in keeping him at this contract numbers.

You could say Davis contract and our pitching coach, a Buck hire, who ruined every pitcher we had destroyed this team for a decade. Anyone remember Jake A who was so screwed up by him that we have up on him and sent him to the Cubs so he could become a Cy Young type pitcher for them and take them to a Wirld Series? I think they need to tell Buck manage don’t try to be a GM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    As of Sep 30, 2016 :

"Bobby Bonilla hasn't played in a professional baseball game since 2001, yet on July 1 of this year, the New York Mets paid him $1.19 million. And they will every July 1 until 2035, as part of a deferred contract that the Mets negotiated with Bonilla after the 1999 season."

... Bc

P.S. - the NY Mets will also regret the contract given to David Wright too
    That's like a pension plan!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Davis is the current worst ever contract. If the Os had his 24 million a year freed up they could resign Manny. Boom Boom could play first, his natural position and you’d get rid of a batter hitting .160 on a hot streak. My God did anyone ever show him how to bunt? The SS is standing on second and he is still trying to pull everything. You can’t blame signing him on the GM this is Bucks and Brady’s doing. Buck loves him like a son and Brady was looking for a wedge to gain power. The GM was not interested in keeping him at this contract numbers.

You could say Davis contract and our pitching coach, a Buck hire, who ruined every pitcher we had destroyed this team for a decade. Anyone remember Jake A who was so screwed up by him that we have up on him and sent him to the Cubs so he could become a Cy Young type pitcher for them and take them to a Wirld Series? I think they need to tell Buck manage don’t try to be a GM.
    Manny does have a choice where he plays though, so the logic that the O's could have given the money they gave Davis to him makes total sense if Machado had ever indicated any real interest in staying. The O's put together a decent team for awhile while Boston and New York were dealing with their own issues. Their bloated payrolls now consist of players for the most part performing at a high level, and you can clearly see the results of their good drafting and player development. When they bring a highly touted young player up you don't watch him struggle or be less than advertised for years (Matt Wieters).

The 23 million a year they're giving to Davis wouldn't even be enough to sign Manny, and I don't know if he's motivated by money, winning, or exposure. All I know is that the Orioles can't offer him any of it. I just hope he doesn't end up in the AL East.