Page 1 of 49 123 ... LastLast

OT: Orioles discussion

Since there is a bit of a lull before the draft next week I thought a discussion of the Orioles so far would be good. Although it doesn't seem like there is much to discuss (they look really bad). What are your thoughts? Is Alex Cobb another O's free agent bust? Will Chris Davis ever get his act together again? How disappointing is it that they are wasting some phenomenal starts by Bundy and could cost him a tremendous season overall due to lack of offensive production? Is Bundy our future Ace?

Re: OT: Orioles discussion

Doesnt matter, with the Sox and Yanks teams this year its a waste honestly. Plan for the future
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

I knew someone would start a thread. They have no answers right now... and look at the Sox record.

Good thing I gave up on baseball a few years back...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They're already 11 games out with 10 days left in April!

The Orioles made a big mistake by not unloading Manny and pretty much any guy on the roster with a big contract before the season started. We should be in rebuilding mode right now with a bunch of young guys on the roster. Instead we have Manny for a year and are stuck with monster contracts like Davis. For whatever reason they decided to try to be competitive this year and delay the inevitable, and now we have a bad team with nothing good to look forward to. I bet they are going to be bottom third of the league in attendance this year, maybe bottom 4 or 5 teams. Gonna be an ugly year.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    The Orioles made a big mistake by not unloading Manny and pretty much any guy on the roster with a big contract before the season started. We should be in rebuilding mode right now with a bunch of young guys on the roster. Instead we have Manny for a year and are stuck with monster contracts like Davis. For whatever reason they decided to try to be competitive this year and delay the inevitable, and now we have a bad team with nothing good to look forward to. I bet they are going to be bottom third of the league in attendance this year, maybe bottom 4 or 5 teams. Gonna be an ugly year.
    Agreed. They are already seeing a problem with attendance, they just announced several theme nights and special offers to try to get people in. I wouldnt be suprised to see an offer of a raffle for fans to win a chance to bat cleanup with the team on a one day contract

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Gonna be an ugly 20 years if history is any indication. Buck brought some good baseball back, but Chris Davis was his call. Someone has to pay for that.

That Davis signing it turning into a absolute disaster. He is a complete mess at the plate. I really doubt he will hit over .200 this year. I am blown away at the number of third strikes he takes looking. My daughter would get benched on her HS team if she was called out on strikes that often. His contract is going to be a weight around this organization for a long time. Just imagine if they hadn't signed him - Manny might have a new contract right now instead of playing for NY next season. Man I am depressed....

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Gonna be an ugly 20 years if history is any indication. Buck brought some good baseball back, but Chris Davis was his call. Someone has to pay for that.
    Yeah I never understood paying Davis after they brought in Trumbo to replace him because they didn't think they could sign him. The Jimenez signing was also a mistake for hom much they paid and the fact that they had to let him play out that contract while being moved from starter to bullpen year after year.

Blog Entries

They should have seen the writing on the wall with Boston and New York. The decision to not unload Manny and to try and compete this year, just totally foolish and reminiscent of the pre-Buck O's of years past. So instead of getting something of value for Manny, you now are going to have an awful year, plus watch your best player leave and get nothing in return or pennies on the dollar at the trade deadline. Stupid.

I cut the cord last year and I don't get MASN through the streaming services I sub to, so I don't watch them day in and out like I used to, don't think I'm missing much. Other than Davis astounding futility.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Yeah I never understood paying Davis after they brought in Trumbo to replace him because they didn't think they could sign him. The Jimenez signing was also a mistake for hom much they paid and the fact that they had to let him play out that contract while being moved from starter to bullpen year after year.
    They never want to pony up for front line pitching, and haven't developed a true ace yet. To compensate they figure they'll load the roster with homerun hitters. Was working ok until the bullpen deteriorated. That's really where the Orioles have lost it. The bullpen. The hitting will come around (don't know about Davis) but they'll be too far out by then for it to matter.

Yeah the MASN deal and taking the games from wbal was a mistake and they will see interest in the team decline because fans don't have access. Add in the fact that the Orioles are onr of the only teams in MLB that don't allow streaming of games, it screams that the decision makers are out of touch. Angelos is just so hell bent on making money from MASN and it is going to backfire. Imagine if the Ravens told CBS nope you can't air our games because we have a special Ravens channel that the games will air on and the fans and cable customers have to pay extra to have that channel. Although I'm sure more people would be willing to pay for ravens games vs orioles games it would still be a big turn off to thr average fan.