Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 2018 schedule is out

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    6- 7 wins
    So 6.5 wins and 9.5 losses. Bummer... Bc

7-9.

Getting kinda sick of these mediocre-ass teams and seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Those are posts #56 and #62 in this thread. Goode, you must be a Harbaugh man because he likes "continuity" and you like "consistency." Very similar indeed ... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I can see 10 wins too because it's not that tough in all honesty but we all know some bullshit is gonna happen
    I think the defense will be better and actually gasp play to their strengths. I think you’re going to see a lot more less telegraphed blitzs. They have the corners to lock down and get after the qb. I honestly think they will play to Weddles and Mosley’s strengthens and let them put the defense in the proper play. I look at the two football knowledge wise as a poor mans Ed and Ray. (We were so ridiculously spoiled having those two at the same time it’s not even funny if you think about it)
    I like the fact they actually went out and got receivers that atleast on paper all seem to compliment each other. (And it should mean 11 is da fu@k out of here). I also like the fact they will be running the same system for the first time in back to back years since 2011/2012. (That’s a BIG difference) I am hoping they add a dynamic dual threat running back in the draft. I think that would really drive this offense. Everyone is saying how hard the schedule is, I’m not buying it last year there was what 75% of a turn over in the playoffs or something like that. Now do for the offense what you did for the defense last year and give them the first four draft picks or four out of the first five. Joe should be healthy. I’m hoping he gives them the lead late in the season with the playoffs on the line and Wink and company hold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...steelers-happy

Pittsburgh Steelers

Thanks to a random but significant quirk, the Steelers could have the AFC North wrapped up by midseason. How? They play five of their six divisional games between Week 1 (Cleveland Browns) and Week 9 (Baltimore Ravens), and only one more over their final eight games. If the Steelers perform well in those games -- and, overall, they have the NFL's easiest first half of the season based on opponent's 2017 winning percentage -- they could bury the Browns, Ravens and perhaps the Cincinnati Bengals early and provide all three little chance to make up ground. Pittsburgh's final divisional game will come in Week 17, at home against the Bengals.
    I always wonder if these schedule quirks actually help/hurt teams or if we're just guessing based on some narrative or emotional reaction? If the Steelers having most of their division games early means they could lock it up early, doesn't that also mean they could fall behind early? I don't see how that makes them more likely to win those particular games or the division.

Or when a slate of challenging games is grouped together. People will always act super concerned if, say, 3 tough opponents or road opponents in a row are scheduled? Are teams actually, statistically (and provably) more likely to lose games because of that distribution as opposed to it being spread out? Or if they play a tough road game in prime time as opposed to 1:00? People always think they're getting screwed for one reason or another but I doubt there would be any conclusive evidence to show those scheduling quirks really make a difference and a hurt a team's final W/L record.

16-0

If you believe in karma, Buff and Cinc are going to get whats coming to them :)

I really think division games should be back loaded towards the second half of the season. That's when teams start to get into their groove and you see how things shake out.

Blog Entries

Until the Ravens stop gagging it up at Heinz Field, they will continue to have to go there in Primetime. They only have themselves to blame. Jerry Jones handpicked the Ravens to close out the old stadium. The Ravens embarrassed them. They haven't faced Dallas in a primetime game since.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Until the Ravens stop gagging it up at Heinz Field, they will continue to have to go there in Primetime. They only have themselves to blame. Jerry Jones handpicked the Ravens to close out the old stadium. The Ravens embarrassed them. They haven't faced Dallas in a primetime game since.
    That was glorious. Mcgahee and McClain went back to back like on the cover of lethal weapon.

19-0
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 04-21-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I always wonder if these schedule quirks actually help/hurt teams or if we're just guessing based on some narrative or emotional reaction? If the Steelers having most of their division games early means they could lock it up early, doesn't that also mean they could fall behind early? I don't see how that makes them more likely to win those particular games or the division.

Or when a slate of challenging games is grouped together. People will always act super concerned if, say, 3 tough opponents or road opponents in a row are scheduled? Are teams actually, statistically (and provably) more likely to lose games because of that distribution as opposed to it being spread out? Or if they play a tough road game in prime time as opposed to 1:00? People always think they're getting screwed for one reason or another but I doubt there would be any conclusive evidence to show those scheduling quirks really make a difference and a hurt a team's final W/L record.
    If the Steelers didn't keep making the playoffs or if there was an obvious contender in the division the narrative might be closer to what you're saying. Right now though it's tough to see. The Browns look better but no one is seeing them as competition yet. The Bengals and the Ravens look very ordinary. Neither look like good teams even though they are particularly bad either. Most media guys are still looking at the Steelers as the 2nd best team in the AFC because of their offensive weapons. That makes this look like the Patriots in a typical AFC East year being the beneficiaries of a weak division. Are they right? I happen to think they are this year

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If the Steelers didn't keep making the playoffs or if there was an obvious contender in the division the narrative might be closer to what you're saying. Right now though it's tough to see. The Browns look better but no one is seeing them as competition yet. The Bengals and the Ravens look very ordinary. Neither look like good teams even though they are particularly bad either. Most media guys are still looking at the Steelers as the 2nd best team in the AFC because of their offensive weapons. That makes this look like the Patriots in a typical AFC East year being the beneficiaries of a weak division. Are they right? I happen to think they are this year
    That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said though. I'm just not getting how the specific distribution of when they play their division games is supposed to influence their chances of winning it and make them a "winner" of the schedule reveal because they happen to be earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think the defense will be better and actually gasp play to their strengths. I think you’re going to see a lot more less telegraphed blitzs. They have the corners to lock down and get after the qb. I honestly think they will play to Weddles and Mosley’s strengthens and let them put the defense in the proper play. I look at the two football knowledge wise as a poor mans Ed and Ray. (We were so ridiculously spoiled having those two at the same time it’s not even funny if you think about it)
    I like the fact they actually went out and got receivers that atleast on paper all seem to compliment each other. (And it should mean 11 is da fu@k out of here). I also like the fact they will be running the same system for the first time in back to back years since 2011/2012. (That’s a BIG difference) I am hoping they add a dynamic dual threat running back in the draft. I think that would really drive this offense. Everyone is saying how hard the schedule is, I’m not buying it last year there was what 75% of a turn over in the playoffs or something like that. Now do for the offense what you did for the defense last year and give them the first four draft picks or four out of the first five. Joe should be healthy. I’m hoping he gives them the lead late in the season with the playoffs on the line and Wink and company hold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Getting the receivers was big. Now, the big question mark is on the offensive line. Of course we also have to factor in several starters hitting IR in typical Raven's fashion.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk