Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: DJ Moore might not be there at 16

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Drafttek.com is sort of decent. They breakout WRs as WRF and WRS. "F" for featured. "S" for slot. Other than that, it's really hit-or-miss, or maybe hunt-and-peck. I don't have a goto source. I'd definitely use it if I did, but I just read all that I can and bounce it against stats and film to figure out team-fit, scheme-fit, and position-fit.

PFF's overpriced, but comprehensive Draft guide statistically breaks out WRs by yards per route run (YPRR is helpful, but often driven by scheme), deep ball production (deep >= 15 yds), slot production, and drops (not often helpful). For a cat like Miller, who plays wide and at the slot, I'm looking for >=40 targets and >= 33% of recs at the slot.

From there, the much cheaper step, but more time consuming step is to check out his highlight tape, and look for any noticeable differences in release effectiveness, route precision, and strength at catch point when the guy is wide vs. in the slot. Next, check the game film to see if he's able to cut off of either foot comfortably (a skill that slots must have IMO). Also, does he use his radius or get gator arms? ...does he absorb hits well? ...does he find holes and settle down vs. zone? ...is he physical at the top of his stem? ...how is he in contested situations? ...how's his short-area quickness (SaQ) and change-of-direction (CoD)--do these observations match his Cone and Shuttle times? If not, why not? (and keep in mind that some dudes simply train well for the Combine, but can't move as well when they are thinking about coverages, running precise routes, catching the ball, gettting hit, etc.)
    I've been watching Matt Waldman's RSP Film Room on YouTube. Albeit it's one man's opinion, but I like the time he takes to break down the good, the bad, and the opportunity for improvement of the player he's analyzing.

2. DJ Moore might not be there at 16

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont have him above, but I have him right with them. His hands are a little more inconsistent than either of them and he body catches at times, which always worries me, but if we get Miller in 2 or beyond, Id consider that a great pick. dude is electrifying, and i think those hands are plenty good enough.
    I’ll run the risk of repeating myself so often that my account is shutdown for being a spambot, but: Miller in the 2nd or Hamilton in the 3rd would be terrific “value.”

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I’ll run the risk of repeating myself so often that my account is shutdown for being a spambot, but: Miller in the 2nd or Hamilton in the 3rd would be terrific “value.”
    I'll add Cedrick Wilson in the 4th as great "value" as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 202Belden View Post
    I've been watching Matt Waldman's RSP Film Room on YouTube. Albeit it's one man's opinion, but I like the time he takes to break down the good, the bad, and the opportunity for improvement of the player he's analyzing.
    I really like Waldman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 202Belden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I really like Waldman
    Matt is really, really good. I'm still not convinced that we aren't brothers lol.
    We appreciate the same detail and nuance.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Trade back and take him at 26 or whatever they get. That would work for me
    Miller at 26 would be ideal.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Miller at 26 would be ideal.
    rhap, I think that after signing Crabtree, Brown, and Snead, Ozzie will be less interested in a WR in the 1st round. I don't believe he would pass up say McGlinchey or one of several defensive names that we already know... Bc

Dj Moore is a beast go Terps

Moore and Miller are my 2 favorite WR's.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You, Baldy and me should start a chorus outside Ozzie's window.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You, Baldy and me should start a chorus outside Ozzie's window.
    Count me in too LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post