Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Calvin Ridley visiting Patriots

ridley is definitely the "safe" pick for ozzie

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He was only there two years and had to work his way up the depth chart but clearly was getting better each year. Year 1 434 year 2 687 there’s a reason hiddie brought him in and signed him. He saw him twice a year. Goes to New England gets more opportunity and makes more of it. His yards per reception were less in New England then his two at Miami. And I think he was playing with Daunte Culper Joey Harrington and Arm completely gone Pennington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He didn't put up those kind of numbers in Denver either

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He didn't put up those kind of numbers in Denver either
    Must 32 year old receivers don’t. And injuries (concussions) were setting in along with being on an offense with E Sanders, D Thomas, And J Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That wasn't Mark Clayton at all. He was the super productive college guy who ran precise routes. He wasn't known as a speedster. He ran a 4.43 40 at the Combine at 5'9 190 pounds. If Clayton wasn't so short he would have gone higher. Look at his stats from a major school. The production was great.

Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    2001 Oklahoma Big 12 FR WR 12 45 519 11.5 3 45 519 11.5 3
    *2002 Oklahoma Big 12 SO WR 12 26 416 16.0 5 1 9 9.0 0 27 425 15.7 5
    *2003 Oklahoma Big 12 JR WR 14 83 1425 17.2 15 9 62 6.9 0 92 1487 16.2 15
    *2004 Oklahoma Big 12 SR WR 13 66 876 13.3 8 4 11 2.8 0 70 887 12.7 8
    Career Oklahoma 220 3236 14.7 31 14 82 5.9 0 234 3318 14.2
    Yeah I remember Clayton being talked about as a productive college WR with polished skills poised for the NFL.

I'm old enough to remember watching Clayton, but not old enough to analyze him really...but the Clayton - Ridley comparison seems Very Very real to me from memory
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ridley is definitely the "safe" pick for ozzie
    Personally, I don't want the "safe" pick. I understood it when we drafted Stanley because we had no LT, but now we must go BPA to give this team some fire/personality/whatever you want to call it. The Ravens need a kick-start to breathe life into our "one foot in the grave" team... Bc

Just to keep everyone level, Ed Reed and JJ Watt were both put down as "safe picks" by the media

7. Re: Calvin Ridley visiting Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Right. I remember Branch. That’s always been my favorite thing about Brady. He’s one of the ONLY QBs who actually does make other players better. He’s had average WRs that no one even knows their names and yet he has won 5 Super Bowls.

I've always said the same thing about Brady (and Manning, too). They make stars out of nobodies. That's also why I've never bought into the "give Flacco some weapons" whine. He's quite obviously not Brady or Manning and I get that, but he needs to step up and play a whole lot better. We also need to draft his successor w/an early pick. Drafting a QB later on is "almost" always a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Can’t agree. He’s at best a double. Like I said ..he’s not a #1 on any team. He prob isn’t a #2 on most. He’s a niche player like Welker only not as good.

And Branch is a better comp, since we saw what he was on another team; nothing.

Put Edelman on a middle of the road team and see what he does.

Of course, that doesn't matter to the Pat's, though. As long as their picks perform for them, whether or not their are "home runs" is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the stars are beginning to align for Hoodie to take OL and QB in round one. The Hoodie-Brady alliance is nearing an end.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

10. Re: Calvin Ridley visiting Patriots

I say let Ridley visit whomever he likes. I just hope he doesn't end up as our pick @16. I won't go out and scream at the sky, cry like a baby or set my hair on fire if he does, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I think the stars are beginning to align for Hoodie to take OL and QB in round one. The Hoodie-Brady alliance is nearing an end.
    Hmmm, didn't I read that 2 or 3 years ago too? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Brady is going to be 41 this season. No matter how they feel about each other it has to end soon just based on Father Time.