Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Wicked's 6-Round Mock (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I do like Christian Kirk quite a bit. I wouldn’t be sad at all if he were a Raven.

I’m not quite as high on Sony Michel as others are. I feel good about our backs we currently have. If Dixon doesn’t get hurt, we should have a strong 3 in Collins, Buck, and Dixon.

I’d love to add a UDFA guy like Phillip Lindsay though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he'll go in the 7th but I like Lindsay too.

id be sick to my stomach if DJ Moore went to the pats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    id be sick to my stomach if DJ Moore went to the pats.
    Im kind of hoping the Pats try to move up with us and we get their 23rd and 61st (id be ok with 31 too). I think it puts us in better position so that WR value, as well as TE value, can be addressed properly.

23 I think gives us a good shot at Moore. 31 would give us a good shot at whoever is in that next tier, possibly Sutton still, as well as most likely the top of the TEs. It would be a boom for us, imo.
    -JAB

4. Re: Wicked's 6-Round Mock (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im kind of hoping the Pats try to move up with us and we get their 23rd and 61st (id be ok with 31 too). I think it puts us in better position so that WR value, as well as TE value, can be addressed properly.

23 I think gives us a good shot at Moore. 31 would give us a good shot at whoever is in that next tier, possibly Sutton still, as well as most likely the top of the TEs. It would be a boom for us, imo.
    I like that trade as well - down to 23 that is. My only addition to the conversation is that, at that point, I wouldn’t stay pat with our two second rounders. I’d flip the one from the Pats and our third to move up in the second - around pick 45 or so - to get a guy we both covet and need. My gut is telling me, that if we sit and wait until our “natural” second round pick, we’ll have just barely missed the real sweet spot of the draft.

I realize some will scream, “but we need all the draft picks we can get!” They’re right, of course, but my approach is a net zero (+1 for the trade down/-1 for the trade back up).

So, we’d go from picks 16-52-83 to picks 23-45(roughly)-52.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

I'd be shocked if Dallas doesnt take Moore if he's still available.....

Dak needs easy throws.... Moore can consistently get open for slants against press coverage imo. Its a slam dunk pick for them IMO if he's still available
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I'd be shocked if Dallas doesnt take Moore if he's still available.....

Dak needs easy throws.... Moore can consistently get open for slants against press coverage imo. Its a slam dunk pick for them IMO if he's still available
    It seems they covet Ridley from what Ive heard, but your guess is as good as mine as to their board. In this mock, were looking at him being available at 43, I highly doubt that happens, but based off that id easily trade back and make the pick at 23 or 31 and feel great about it.
    -JAB

Cool Re: Wicked's 6-Round Mock (v2)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So to recap Baltimore's picks -

1. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    2. Frank Ragnow, OC, Arkansas
    3. DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
    4. Kyzir White, FS, West Virginia
    5. Kurt Benkert, QB, UVA
    6. Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin
    6 (comp). Justin Watson, WR, Penn
    I’m late in responding to your mock Wicked but wanted to also mention that you did a great job. I really like this draft a lot! It is realistic and logical and possible. I especially like how it can possibly address OL, WR, backup QB, LB, and FS. Realistically, we cannot address all needs. I feel that we still need a pass catching TE and another RB. However, the first 3 picks should be immediate starters which these guys are. You get McGlinchey and Ragnow and, potentially, that is a top 5 OL. A top OL can make even average RBs look good.

Realistically, next year, if Suggs, Jimmy, Weddle, Carr, and maybe Yanda, are gone that should open up some real cap space finally. If the team does not do well this upcoming year (a strong possibility) then Flacco is maybe gone too along with JH. One way or another, change is coming and a draft like this can really move it along in the right direction.

Nice job, Wicked.

As long as we come away with one of these guys in each of these positions (ranked in my personal order) in the first 4 rounds, I'll be happy:

WR - Moore, Kirk, Miller, Washington, Hamilton, Gallup, Pettis
    C - Daniels, Price, Ragnow
    TE - Goedert, Gesicki, Thomas, Hurst

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Wicked's 6-Round Mock (v2)

In case you haven't read it, here is wicked's RSR blog online today that gives reasoning for his choices. :

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018...ns-mock-draft/

1. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    2. Frank Ragnow, OC, Arkansas
    3. DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
    4. Kyzir White, FS, West Virginia
    5. Kurt Benkert, QB, UVA
    6. Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin
    6 (comp). Justin Watson, WR, Penn

I just wanted to hone in on the first four. On the surface it seems pedestrian. No top-level playmakers. However, delving deeper it solidifies our Oline with two potential starters @ RT and Center. Hamilton, among a bevy of WR possibilities, and K. White (S) are two pretty substantial picks in the 3rd and 4th. While it's too bad we "lost" Wagner's 3rd round comp pick, and nobody will shoot off fireworks over w's mock draft, I think it would strengthen the Ravens in ways that may not initially show up in the box score. Good Work wicked ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I like it. I'm a big believe in building a strong OL.

Hamilton would be a great fit here. I think the offense would be much improved and I like the prospect of a potential: Stanley-Lewis-Ragnow-Yanda-McGlinchey lineup. Hurst, Skura and Siragusa are the backups.

It's young and a good fit for what Roman wants to do. And yes, I think if Lewis stays healthy he'll start over Hurst inside, BUT Hurst may play in the end becuase Lewis gets hurt so much.

Only gap is TE. Without a TE I get worried about doing work in the middle fo the field.
    I think you have Lewis and Hurst flipped. I think Hurst would be the starter. Lewis has never played for Roman yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk