Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Wicked's 6-Round Mock (v2)

I may try to do one more right before next week's draft, but I doubt I'll have time. I'll post the first 3 full rounds and then I'll post who the I have the Ravens picking in rounds 4-6 as well as some highlights. I'll also include some thoughts on priority UDFA's.

Things to Note:
    *These picks are done based on my opinion, which is arrived at from reviewing the current roster of that team, what their projected roster losses are next off-season, and how I value the prospects. (In other words, you may REALLY love a player and I may not).
    *No trades - I realize this is unrealistic, but no one can accurately project trades on draft day.
    *This is for fun.
    *Also including previous picks from the version I did right after the combine.

Round 1

1. Cleveland Browns - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (6'5" 235lbs). Allen moves well for a bigger QB and he's got a cannon for an arm. His throws are effortless. The knock on him is accuracy and level of competition. Luckily, the Browns can lean on Tyrod Taylor for a few years. Previous Pick - Sam Darnold.

2. New York Giants - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (6'4" 226lbs). Rosen is probably the most pro-ready QB in this draft. He's got a great arm, he's accurate, and he's got ideal size for an NFL QB. There are some questions about his attitude and desire to play the game, but I think those are a bit overblown. The Giants are definitely looking at Eli's eventual replacement. Previous Pick - Saquon Barkley.

3. New York Jets [From Indianapolis Colts] - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (6'1" 215lbs). Most advanced analytics platforms have Mayfield as the best QB prospect in this draft when considering arm, accuracy, production, etc. I think the Jets would be all over Mayfield if he's not taken in the first two picks. Previous Pick - Josh Rosen.

4. Cleveland Browns [From Houston Texans] - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State (6'4" 270lbs). Chubb is considered by many to be the top prospect in this draft. He's quick, strong, and has some nice pass-rushing moves. Chubb paired with Myles Garrett could be a really strong pass-rushing duo. Previous Pick - Saquon Barkley.

5. Denver Broncos - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (6' 225lbs).
    This may be a bit of a slide for Barkley, but given that the top-3 teams picking before Denver all need a QB, I could see Barkley drop. However, this isn't a bad spot for a RB of Barkley's caliber (see Zeke Elliott). Denver recently cut CJ Anderson, so I think they would jump all over Barkley here. Previous Pick - Baker Mayfield.

6. Indianapolis Colts [From New York Jets] - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (6'5" 329lbs).
    The Colts have had some major issues with protecting Andrew Luck in the past. He may not be able to start the season off, so when he does come back, they're going to need to make sure they protect him as much as possible. In my opinion, Quenton Nelson is the top lineman in this draft and is a day-1 starter at either guard spot. Previous Pick - Bradley Chubb.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derwin James, SS, Florida State (6'3" 215lbs). After Chubb, James is considered to be the top defensive player in this draft. He plays the run like a linebacker and I think could be really effective if used similarly to Deone Buchanon (Arizona Cardinals). Previous Pick - Joshua Jackson.

8. Chicago Bears - Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech (6'4" 235lbs). Edmunds is incredibly athletic and has drawn several comparisons to the Anthony Barr of the Vikings. Chicago's defense doesn't seem to be a finished product yet, but an athletic and long player that can play inside or rush from the outside could be a really nice get for a team that lost Pernell McPhee, Jerrell Freeman, Willie Young, and Christian Jones. Previous Pick - No Change.

9. San Francisco 49er's - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia (6'1" 236lbs). Now that Reuben Foster is likely done with the Niners (and possibly the NFL altogether), I think they'll be looking for a quick replacement. They really need that rangy, sure tackling, play making LB that Foster was. Luckily, Roquan Smith is a very similar player and should be able to step in at MIKE right away. Previous Pick - Courtland Sutton.

10. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (6'1" 189lbs). I think it's pretty clear that Jon Gruden doesn't care for how the previous regime constructed their offense. They cut Michael Crabtree, they signed Jordy Nelson, and they traded Cordarelle Patterson to the Patriots. Ridley makes sense here as he can be an immediate player for them out of the slot. Previous Pick - Kolton Miller.

11. Miami Dolphins - Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA (6'7" 264lbs). Davenport is explosive and tenacious as a pass-rusher. I think he's best suited as a left end in a 4-3. The Dolphins extended Cameron Wake for another season, but how much longer can he produce at a high level? Dolphins need to find a replacement for him and Davenport could be a nice rotational pass-rusher with room to grow into a full-time starter. Previous Pick - Quenton Nelson.

12. Buffalo Bills [From Cincinnati Bengals] - Sam Darnold, QB, USC (6'4" 225lbs). The Bills signed AJ McCarron, but he's not their franchise guy. I think the Bills will try to move up in the draft to go after a QB, but here, Darnold drops and makes sense for them. Darnold probably has the highest floor of any QB in this draft and his ceiling is high enough that he could easily turn into a quality starting QB for the Bills. Previous Pick - Josh Allen.

13. Washington Redskins - Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama (6'1" 204lbs). I like Fitzpatrick's versatility. He can line up at corner, he can cover slot receivers, and he can play centerfield. The Redskins let Kendall Fuller go recently in a trade with Kansas City and they've had some up's and down's in their secondary as it is. Fitzpatrick's talent and leadership should provide some stability for them. Previous Pick - No Change.

14. Green Bay Packers - Vita Vea, DT, Washington (6'5" 340lbs). Vea has drawn a lot of comparisons to Haloti Ngata. Those comps make a lot of sense when you consider his size and athleticism. The Packers have had some major issues along their front-7 and adding a player like Vea could certainly help. I also think Mike Pettine would be able to do some really creative things with Vea at DT, 3-Tech, and 5-Tech. Previous Pick - Roquan Smith.

15. Arizona Cardinals - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU (6'4" 216lbs).
    Sutton plays the position like a power forward. He's long, he has good hands, and he can really go up and "get it". He's not the speediest receiver, which is why I think Arizona could be a good spot for him. He'd get to learn from Larry Fitzgerald, who has been a HOF'er with route running and ability in traffic. Previous Pick - James Washington.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Wicked's 6-Round Mock (v2)

16. Baltimore Ravens - Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (6'8" 312lbs). McGlinchey was primarily a RT and then switched to LT when Ronnie Stanley was drafted by the Ravens. McGlinchey is a solid, all-around offensive tackle. I think he'd be an ideal fit at RT for the Ravens, who currently have James Hurst penciled in there. Hurst performed very well at OG and I don't think they should rely on Alex Lewis or Nico Siragusa to take over at LG considering their injury history. The Ravens believe in building their OL up and McGlinchey would be an ideal book-end opposite of Ronnie Stanley. Previous Pick - Taven Bryan.

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama (6'3" 236lbs).
    The Chargers could certainly use a field general and someone that can be an every down linebacker at the MIKE position. They've tried a lot of different combos in the past, but none have worked out that well. I could see Evans being a target of theirs and he could line up at all 3 LB spots. Evans has drawn a lot of comparisons to CJ Mosley of the Ravens based on build and capability. Previous Pick - No Change.

18. Seattle Seahawks - Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (6'2" 195lbs). He's physical, quick, tackles well, and can turn and run with anyone. I also love his hands. He was a turnover machine at Iowa. Plus, you can't teach height and the Seahawks have done really well in the past with taller corners. Given that they're turning over a lot of their older players on defense, it makes sense that they'd target a player like Jackson in round-1 to pair with Marcus Peters. Previous Pick - Denzel Ward.

19. Dallas Cowboys - James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (5'11" 210lbs).
    Washington has the speed to get vertical. His 40-time doesn't show someone with incredible speed, but he plays fast in pads too, so I'd venture that is a legitimate measurement for him. I also love that Washington has that "go get it" mentality. He uses his long arms and leaping ability to create leverage on balls in the air. Dallas recently cut Dez Bryant and I think Washington's vertical speed will be something Dallas would be intrigued by. Previous Pick - Marcel Ateman.

20. Detroit Lions - Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (5'11" 215lbs). I love the way Guice runs. He can make guys miss with quickness and speed, but he runs through tacklers and isn't afraid of getting physical. Detroit signed LeGarrette Blount, but he's 31 years old. Guice could be their bell cow for several years. Previous Pick - Da'Ron Payne.

21. Cincinnati Bengals [From Buffalo Bills] - Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (6'3" 313lbs). The Bengals went into this off-season with one goal in mind: re-tool their OL. They traded for Cordy Glenn, which should address their issues at LT, but I still think they'll be looking to add depth and talent across the rest of their line. Wynn is about as fundamentally sound as you can get for an interior OL'man. I'd expect him to be a day-1 starter at guard pretty much wherever he is drafted. Previous Pick - Marcus Davenport.

22. Buffalo Bills [From Kansas City Chiefs] - Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (6'6" 247lbs). Gesicki really boosted his stock at the combine. He was already considered by many to be the top tight end in this draft class and I don't see any reason to change that now. I think he's one of the best 1-on-1 receiving tight ends I've seen in a long time. Buffalo has Charles Clay and Nick O'Leary, but neither are mismatches like Gesicki is. Previous Pick - Mike McGlinchey.

23. Los Angeles Rams - Harold Landry, DE, Boston College (6'3" 250lbs). The Rams are clearly re-tooling their defense to better fit Wade Phillips' style. Phillips runs an attacking 3-4. Landry had a down year at Boston College, but his upside as an edge rusher is tremendous. I think Wade Phillips could do a lot with him and Landry would be a good fit for them. Previous Pick - Vita Vea.

24. Carolina Panthers - Billy Price, C, Ohio State (6'4" 312lbs). With Ryan Kalil notifying everyone that this is his last season, the Panthers are kind of backed into a corner of addressing center maybe a bit before they wanted to. I like Price a lot and I think he could compete for either guard spot as well before taking over for Kalil next year. Previous Pick - Isaiah Wynn.

25. Tennessee Titans - Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (6'4" 260bs). Delanie Walker isn't getting any younger and the Titans haven't gotten much from Jonnu Smith yet. Goerdert is a willing blocker with decent technique and he excels as a receiver. He completely dominated lesser competition, so there may be a learning curve for him. However, this is a good value spot for him considering his upside and Tennessee's need for TE depth. Previous Pick - Harold Landry.

26. Atlanta Falcons - Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP (6'3" 330lbs). Hernandez killed it during the Senior Bowl. He man-handled most everyone he faced off with and at the combine he showed that he's very athletic for a man of his size. I think he's a day-1 starter at either guard spot. Atlanta acquired Brandon Fusco, but I don't think they're done tinkering with their OL. Hernandez would be a big help there. Previous Pick - No Change.

27. New Orleans Saints - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (6'2" 216lbs). Jackson is a highlight reel every time he has the ball. He can run, he makes guys miss, and he's got elite speed for the position. As a passer, he's solid and has the arm strength to make all of the throws; however, he does have a tendency to float passes on out routes. He also needs coaching on footwork. Drew Brees is still getting it done, but he's 39. Previous Pick - Calvin Ridley.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State (5'10" 191lbs).
    Ward is an ideal nickel corner that plays with a ton of physicality. He's got good hands, he's quick, and he has speed to be effective on vertical/seam routes. Pittsburgh let longtime nickel corner, William Gay, go in free agency, so it makes sense that they'll be looking to fill that void. Plus, the Steelers like Ohio State players. Previous Pick - Justin Reid.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State (6'4" 248lbs). Vander Esch is an extremely athletic linebacker. There are some concerns about durability, but I like his size and versatility. Paul Pozluszny retired and I think they may shuffle some Telvin Smith or Myles Jack around. I think Vander Esch could be a good fit at a SAM linebacker in Jacksonville's 4-3. Previous Pick - Mike Hughes.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA (6'9" 315lbs).
    Miller could go a lot higher than this after an impressive performance at the combine. He did an excellent job protecting Josh Rosen's blind side and while the Vikings invested in Riley Reiff a few seasons ago, he's never been a very good LT. I think Reiff would be better at RT. Previous Pick - Billy Price.

31. New England Patriots - Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (6'4" 235lbs). The Patriots have been rumored to be very interested in the Oklahoma State product. Rudolph has a lot of things you want in a franchise QB. He's big, he moves well, he's got a good arm, and he seems like a hard worker. He needs some coaching, but the Patriots definitely want someone to groom behind Brady who will be 41 in August. Also, if they wait on it, Rudolph might be gone by the time the Patriots pick in round-2. Previous Pick - Isaiah Oliver.

32. Philadelphia Eagles - Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama (6'2" 311lbs). Payne is a force to be reckoned with in the middle of the defense. He's stout, but he's very quick with quick hands and feet. He collapses the pocket well and makes a lot of plays in the backfield. Philly doesn't need another DT, but Payne is too good to pass up here at 32. Previous Pick - Connor Williams

Blog Entries

Round 2

33. Cleveland Browns - Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (6'1" 190lbs). Hue Jackson wasn't pleased when they released Joe Haden last year. They signed EJ Gaines, but I still think they'll look to build out that depth. Previous Pick - Maurice Hurst

34. New York Giants - Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (5'11" 192lbs). The Giants parted ways with Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie and their first rounder, Eli Apple, seems to have some issues of his own. I think Apple is probably on a short leash, so CB depth is probably high on their "to do" list. Previous Pick - Mason Rudolph.

35. Cleveland Browns [From Houston Texans] - Justin Reid, FS, Stanford (6'1" 204lbs). Reid is considered by some to be the top safety prospect in this year's draft. I know the Browns just spent a 1st rounder on Julius Peppers, but he wasn't all that impressive last year and may just be a ST's player only. Previous Pick - Jaire Alexander.

36. Indianapolis Colts - Ronald Jones II, RB, USC (5'11" 200lbs). Jones is quick, he hits the hole hard, he makes guys miss, and he's got homerun speed. He reminds me a lot of Jamaal Charles. The Colts like Marlon Mack, but RB depth is very important in today's NFL. Previous Pick - Derrius Guice.

37. Indianapolis Colts [From New York Jets] - Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan (6'2" 285lbs). There are some medical issues involving Hurst, but doctors appear to have cleared him for duty. On the field, he's a fiery competitor that does well penetrating into the backfield. A lot of folks compare him to a poor-man's Aaron Donald based on his size and quick-twitch athleticism. Previous Pick - Anthony Miller.

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Taven Bryan, DT, Florida (6'4" 291lbs). Bryan has a ton of upside as an interior pass-rusher. He's raw, but he's incredibly explosive often getting across the line of scrimmage before the OL'man is even out of their stance. He could be something special. Previous Pick - Ronald Jones II.

39. Chicago Bears - Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State (6'1" 206lbs). I think Gallup has a tremendous skill set that a lot of teams covet in receiver. He's quick, fast, good hands with long arms, and he's a decent route guy. Allen Robinson was the Bears big splash play in free agency, but they also signed Taylor Gabriel. However, Kevin White has shown nothing since being a high first rounder. Previous Pick - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

40. Denver Broncos - Marcel Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State (6'4" 220lbs). James Washington was the more recognized player, but Ateman made his fair share of big plays too. He's still raw, but he certainly looks the part and would be a nice pairing with Demaryius Thomas and Manny Sanders. Previous Pick - Ronnie Harrison.

41. Oakland Raiders - Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia (5'11" 227lbs). Chubb is a pretty special player and I could see him going a lot higher than this. If he's here, I think Jon Gruden would jump all over it. Even though the Raiders have Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin, both looked pretty close to being done last year. Previous Pick - No Change.

42. Miami Dolphins - Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (5'11" 225lbs). Penny is a do-it-all back. He's got excellent speed, vision, and ability out of the backfield. The big knock on his game is blocking, which he wasn't asked to do in college. The Dolphins are definitely going to want to add depth their RB room and Penny could learn a lot from Frank Gore. Previous Pick - Lamar Jackson.

43. New England Patriots [From San Francisco] - DJ Moore, WR, Maryland (6' 210lbs). Moore really showcased his skills at the combine. He was easily the top performer. I could see him going much higher than this, but if he's here, this is a guy that I could see New England being interested in. He's a similar player to Julian Edelman and they just traded Brandin Cooks and lost Danny Amendola in free agency. Previous Pick - Leighton Vander Esch.

44. Washington Redskins - Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (6'5" 214lbs). Jay Gruden had a ton of success with AJ Green in Cinci. Now, I'm not saying "EQ" is as good as Green is, but they're similarly built and have similar skills. The Redskins have a good player in Jamison Crowder, but Josh Doctson has yet to live up to his Round-1 status. Previous Pick - Frank Ragnow.

45. Green Bay Packers - Mike Hughes, CB, UCF (5'11" 190lbs). Hughes might be too good to pass up here, especially for a team that has had issues at corner. They traded Damarious Randall and Quinton Rollins has struggled. Previous Pick - Sam Hubbard.

46. Cincinnati Bengals - Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State (6'6" 270lbs). Hubbard is more of an all-around defensive end. He can set the edge, he can provide pass-rush, he makes stops against the run. Cinci has a good player in Carlos Dunlap, but they don't have a lot of depth at DE and Hubbard could eventually start opposite of Dunlap. Previous Pick - Braden Smith.

47. Arizona Cardinals - Luke Falk, QB, Washington State (6'4" 215lbs). Falk needs some time running a pro-style offense. I think this could be a good situation for him as Mike McCoy has had some success with QB development and Falk could sit and learn behind Sam Bradford. Previous Pick - No Change.

48. Los Angeles Chargers - DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (6'2" 210lbs). I watched a few different Texas games this year and Elliott was one of the guys I thought was impressive. He was always around the ball and he made several plays. Chargers' defense hasn't been the same since they let Eric Weddle go. Previous Pick - Dorian O'Daniel.

49. Indianapolis Colts [From New York Jets through Seattle] - DJ Chark, WR, LSU (6'3" 202lbs). Chark turned a ton of heads at the Senior Bowl. He has speed for days and used his length well. Had he been on a team with a better QB in college, he may have produced a lot more. Previous Pick - James Daniels.

50. Dallas Cowboys - Dorian O'Daniel, LB, Clemson (6'1" 220lbs). I like O'Daniel a lot and think he's a solid defender. He can drop into coverage effectively and he's good against the run. Dallas lost Anthony Hitchens and who knows if Jaylon Smith will continue to improve or not. Previous Pick - Darius Leonard.

51. Detroit - Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (6'4" 255lbs). Hurt will be 25 when the season starts, but other than that, there is a lot to like about him as a receiving TE. He reminds me a lot of Greg Olsen and the Lions recently lost Eric Ebron. Previous Pick - Sony Michel.

Blog Entries

52. Baltimore Ravens - Frank Ragnow, OC, Arkansas (6'5" 309lbs). Right now, the Ravens have Matt Skura penciled in at center. I think Skura played well at RG for Marshal Yanda last year, but I don't know that they can fully count on him. Ragnow is arguably the top center prospect in this draft and the Ravens have had a lot of turnover at the position. I think Ragnow is a day-1 starter and with Stanley, Hurst, Ragnow, Yanda, and McGlinchey, the Ravens could have one of the best young offensive lines in the NFL. Previous Pick - DJ Moore.

53. Buffalo - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (6'8" 350lbs). Brown was one of the worst performances in the history of the NFL combine. He was terrible. However, when you put on the tape, you see a guy that gets the job done. What to put more stock in? In my mind, the proof is in the pudding and he did a great job protecting Baker Mayfield. Buffalo needs an OT as well. Previous Pick - Michael Gallup.

54. Kansas City Chiefs - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE, Oklahoma (6'1" 242lbs). With Tamba Hali out of the picture, the Chiefs are going to be relying on Justin Houston and Dee Ford. Houston, when healthy is one of the best in the league. However, Dee Ford has been inconsistent. Okoronkwo has a first round grade on him and I think he could be a nice depth pass-rusher early on and, perhaps, give the Chiefs some roster flexibility in 2019. Previous Pick - Harrison Phillips.

55. Carolina Panthers - Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (5'11" 200lbs). Miller is one of my favorite receivers in this draft. He doesn't have elite size, but man that kid runs excellent routes and he has great hands. The Panthers acquired Torrey Smith and they have Devin Funchess, but I think Miller could be better than either of them. Previous Pick - Mike Gesicki.

56. Buffalo Bills [From Los Angeles Rams] - James Daniels, OC, Iowa (6'3" 300lbs). With Eric Wood having to abruptly retire, the Bills are in a tough spot at center. This is a good draft for the position though and James Daniels is excellent value here. He's more of a technician than a massive road-grader, but Iowa linemen are well-coached and prepared for the NFL. Previous Pick - Malik Jefferson.

57. Tennessee Titans - Harrison Phillips, DE, Stanford (6'5" 300lbs). The Titans hired Dean Pees to run their defense and a primary feature of his defense is a 5-technique defensive end that can set the edge and generate pass-rush. Phillips is certainly that type of player and Tennessee doesn't have a guy that meets that criteria at the moment. Previous Pick - Dallas Goedert.

58. Atlanta Falcons - Kameron Kelly, CB, San Diego State (6'2" 200lbs). Jalen Collins has been suspended more times than I can count. At one point, he looked like he could be a really solid starting corner. Atlanta has Desmond Trufant, but they're definitely missing that guy opposite of him. Previous Pick - Dasean Hamilton.

59. San Francisco 49er's - Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M (5'11" 200lbs). At one point, I thought Kirk could be a round-1 pick. He still could be, but I think he may drop a bit as others are rising up draft boards. This would be an excellent choice for San Francisco as they're looking for play makers on offense. Previous Pick - Royce Freeman.

60. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jessie Bates III, FS, Wake Forest (6'1" 200lbs). The Steelers parted ways with Mike Mitchell and signed Morgan Burnett, but if I were them, I wouldn't stop there. Sean Davis is physical, but he's a walking penalty and he's not great in coverage. Bates is considered to be the most natural "center fielder" in this draft. Previous Pick - Shaquem Griffin.

61. Jacksonville Jaguars - Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky (6'4" 225lbs). I actually think White is very underrated in this draft. He throws as good of a ball as any of the top guys and he was extremely productive at the Senior Bowl and in college. Though the Jags just gave Bortles a 3-yr extension, it's really a 2-yr deal through 2019. So, if he doesn't improve greatly, I think they'll cut him. Previous Pick - Auden Tate.

62. Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (5'11" 180lbs). Jackson posted one of the top 40-yard dash times a player has ran at this past combine. He's extremely quick and showed some nice ability during position drills. However, his tape shows a guy that still looks like he's learning a bit. Still, the Vikings could use a nickel defender and some depth at corner. Previous Pick - No Change.

63. New England Patriots - Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn (6'1" 203lbs). Davis has first round talent and he could very well go much, much higher than this. If he's here, I have to think the Patriots would take a long hard look at him. They let Malcom Butler go in free agency and though they signed Jason McCourty, he's on the downside of his career and Eric Rowe was torched in the Super Bowl. Previous Pick - Mike White.

64. Cleveland Browns [From Philadelphia Eagles] - Connor Williams, OT, Texas (6'5" 300lbs). Williams needs a season in the weight room and he needs some work on technique. However, the length is there and he's certainly athletic enough to be a starting caliber LT in the NFL. Previous Pick - Tre'Quan Smith.

Blog Entries

Round 3

65. Buffalo Bills [From Cleveland] - Desmond Harrison, OT, West Georgia (6'6" 290lbs). Harrison probably has the most upside of any OT in this draft. Off-field issues forced him to transfer, but he could still easily become a top-notch pass-blocker in the NFL. Previous Pick - Hayden Hurst.

66. New York Giants - Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn (6' 212lbs). The Giants got very little production from Paul Perkins last year and I do think there is a good chance they take Saquon Barkley early. If they pass on Barkley, I think a RB in rounds 2 or 3 make sense. Johnson is a no frills back with nice power. Previous Pick - Orlando Brown Jr.

67. Indianapolis Colts - Holton Hill, CB, Texas (6'3" 200lbs). Corners of Hill's size don't grow on trees and Hill is a pretty good player as well. The Colts let Vontae Davis and Rashan Melvin go, so they will most likely be looking for some depth at corner. Previous Pick - No Change.

68. Houston Texans - Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech (6' 190lbs). The Texans signed Aaron Colvin from the Jags, but they desperately missed AJ Bouye last year. Kevin Johnson has yet to play to the level they had hoped, and Jonathan Joseph is past his prime. Previous Pick - Tim Settle.

69. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (5'11" 220lbs). Michel has homerun speed on tape, even though he didn't show it at the combine. He's a 1-cut back and even with splitting a lot of carries in college with Nick Chubb, he was quite productive. Tampa finally let Doug Martin go, so RB depth is definitely vital for them. Previous Pick - Kameron Kelly.

70. San Francisco 49er's [From Chicago] - Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State (6'6" 300lbs).
    Joe Staley is still one of the top LT's in the league, but he's not getting any younger. Alex Cappa is a small school prospect, but he belongs in the NFL. He's got solid footwork and a mean streak. Previous Pick - No Change.

71. Denver Broncos - Logan Woodside, QB, Toledo (6'2" 210lbs).
    Woodside was one of the most efficient QB's in college football the last few seasons. He's got a good arm and he's very accurate. Denver seems ready to move on from Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemen. Previous Pick - Cedrick Wilson.

72. New York Jets - Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan (6'6" 330lbs). The Jets spent their top pick on Baker Mayfield, so they better make sure they can protect him. Okorafor is a similar prospect to Taylor Moton, who seems to be best suited for guard. I think Okorafor has heavy feet, so OT might be out of the question, bit he could be a real gem at guard. Previous Pick - Mark Andrews.

73. Miami Dolphins - Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (6'5" 320lbs). The Dolphins were apparently trying to trade OT J'Wuan James a few weeks ago. Clearly they're not satisfied with him. With Laremy Tunsil cemented at LT, I think Crosby is someone that could do well at RT for the Dolphins. Previous Pick - Kerryon Johnson.

74. San Francisco 49er's - Oren Burks, LB, Vanderbilt (6'3" 233lbs). Even though the Niners took Roquan Smith in round-1, I still think there is room for depth at LB and Oren Burks is someone I like a lot. He's a very fluid athlete at linebacker. Previous Pick - DJ Chark.

75. Oakland Raiders - Andrew Brown, DT, UVA (6'4" 290lbs). When Brown is on, he's difficult to keep out of the backfield. However, there are some concerns about his consistency. Still, the Raiders have depth issues at DT and Brown could be a really nice rotational player for them. Previous Pick - Rasheem Green.

76. Green Bay Packers - Simmie Cobbs Jr, WR, Indiana (6'4" 220lbs).
    The Packers parted ways with Jordy Nelson after they signed Davante Adams to a longerm deal. They also have quite a bit invested in Randall Cobb. I think they'll look to this draft for another receiver to play opposite of Adams and Cobbs Jr could certainly fill that role. Previous Pick - Carlton Davis.

77. Cincinnati Bengals - Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (6'5" 310lbs).
    The Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn, but I still think they have some questionmarks at RT. Jamarco Jones isn't a perfect prospect, but he was a good player for the Buckeyes at OT. Previous Pick - Bradley Bozeman.

78. Kansas City [From Washington] - Braden Smith, OG, Auburn (6'6" 303lbs). Andy Reid is one of those coaches that values linemen in the draft. I can't say I blame him as the old adage goes - "everything starts up front". Previous Pick - Arden Key.

79. Arizona Cardinals - Bradley Bozeman, OC, Alabama (6'4" 310lbs).
    I think Bozeman is one of the better run-blocking linemen in this draft and Arizona could stand to upgrade at center. The Cardinals seemed to fall out of love with Jared Veldheer and did some re-shuffling last year on their OL, but I can't see AQ Shipley being the answer for them. Previous Pick - Chukwuma Okorafor.

80. Houston Texans [From Seattle] - Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma (6'5" 250lbs).
    Andrews almost produced 1,000 yards receiving for the Sooners in 2017. I think he should go a lot higher than this, but if he slips to here, he'd be a great pick up for Houston who needs a TE. Previous Pick - DeShon Elliott.

81. Dallas Cowboys - Bo Scarborough, RB, Alabama (6'1" 229lbs).
    Scarborough looked to be the next big thing to come out of Alabama, but he fell out of favor last year. So, he's a bigger back with some explosiveness and not a lot of wear-and-tear. That's something Dallas could definitely be interested to back up Zeke Elliot. Previous Pick - No Change.

82. Detroit Lions - Arden Key, DE, LSU (6'6" 238lbs). If Matt Patricia is going to run the same type of defense that he ran in New England, then he's going to need guys that can play in different schemes. I think Key could play SAM or even Edge rusher. Previous Pick - Christian Kirk.

Blog Entries

83. Baltimore Ravens - DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State (6'1" 210lbs). Hamilton didn't have a lot of production at Penn State because their QB just wasn't very good. At the Senior Bowl, however, he put on a show of precision route running, good hands, and better than expected speed. Hamilton could be a real sleeper in this draft class and Baltimore desperately needs play makers at receiver. If taken, I'd expect Hamilton to be penciled in behind Crabtree and Smokey Brown. Previous Pick - Martinas Rankin.

84. Los Angeles Chargers - Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis (6'4" 215lbs).
    Phillip Rivers is getting up there in age and eventually they're going to have to find his replacement. Riley Ferguson has flown under the radar, but he could be a good player to compete with Cardale Jones. Previous Pick - Akrum Wadley.

85. Carolina Panthers [From Buffalo Bills] - Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (6'3" 214lbs). I've seen some mocks where Harrison is a late 1st rounder and others where he lasts well into round 4. I think this is a good spot for him and Carolina could use the depth as their top two safeties are a 37 year old Mike Adams and Da'Norris Searcy. Previous Pick - Duke Ejiofor.

86. Kansas City Chiefs - Tre'Quan Smith, WR, UCF (6'1" 210lbs).
    Smith looked real good at the Senior Bowl catching almost everything that came his way. He has nice ability off the line as well and surprising quickness. The Chiefs invested in Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill is one of the top play makers in the NFL, but after those two, the Chiefs don't have a lot of depth. Previous Pick - Simmie Cobbs Jr.

87. Los Angeles Rams - Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (6'7" 305lbs).
    O'Neill is highly athletic, but raw. He transitioned from a TE to OT while in college, so he's still learning a bit. However, the Rams would be an ideal spot for him as he could sit and learn behind Andrew Whitworth. Previous Pick - Tyrell Crosby.

88. Carolina Panthers - Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest (6'4" 270lbs). The Panthers finally parted ways with Charles Johnson leaving them with Mario Addison, Wes Horton, and Julius Peppers. They need depth at defensive end. Previous Pick - Kalen Ballage.

89. Tennessee Titans - Uchenna Nwosu, LB, USC (6'3" 251lbs). There is a lot to like about Nwosu as a do-it-all OLB. I think he would be a good fit for the Titans right now and provide better depth than Kevin Dodd, who has been a bust. Previous Pick - Nate Shepherd.

90. Atlanta Falcons - Trey Quinn, WR, SMU (6' 212lbs
    ). When teams shut down Courtland Sutton, Quinn was there to step up. Against TCU, Sutton had 1 reception for 0 yards whereas Quinn had 6 receptions for 116 yards and a score. The Falcons have two very good starting receivers, but they don't really have that #3 guy. Previous Pick - Poona Ford.

91. New Orleans Saints - Jaylen Samuels, TE/RB, NC State (5'11" 233lbs).
    The Saints had a historically good draft in 2017 and got a ton of star power out of it. I think they can afford to take some chances in this draft and someone like Jaylen Samuels could be a risk, but with a lot of reward. He's an excellent receiver and is a good blocker. He can also carry the ball if required. Previous Pick - Ian Thomas.

92. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF (6'1" 227lbs).
    I like this pick for two reasons. The first is because Griffin has overcome a ton of adversity in his life and he would be well received in that environment. The second is because his skill set is very similar to that of Ryan Shazier, whom I believe will not be able to play again. Previous Pick - Tarvarus McFadden.

93. Jacksonville Jaguars - Martinas Rankin, OC, Mississippi State (6'5" 305lbs).
    Rankin has played both tackle spots, guard, and center. That kind of versatility will help him stick on a roster and Jacksonville could use depth at a variety of spots. Previous Pick - Skai Moore.

94. Minnesota Vikings - Deontay Burnett, WR, USC (6' 185lbs).
    Burnett is a quick slot receiver with good hands and route ability. The Vikings may not necessarily need another WR, but with Jarius Wright gone and LaQuan Treadwell never living up to the hype, there is definitely a need for some WR depth. Previous Pick - No Change.

95. New England Patriots - Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State (6'1" 227lbs). This might be an odd choice considering how the Patriots run their offense, but they really value running backs that can catch out of the backfield. They have James White and Rex Burkhead, who are good receivers. They also have Branden Bolden and Mike Gillislee. However, none of them have the combination of size, quickness, moves, and receiving ability like Ballage does. Previous Pick - Jaylen Samuels.

96. Buffalo Bills [From Philadelphia] - Darius Leonard, LB, SC State (6'3" 230lbs). Leonard is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. He's excellent against the run and has nice range. I think he'll quickly become an impact player wherever he goes and Buffalo could use depth at LB. Previous Pick - Josh Sweat.

97. Arizona Cardinals [Comp] - Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon (5'11" 234lbs). When David Johnson went down, the Cardinals couldn't do much of anything on offense. They need to improve their depth at RB and Royce Freeman could be a nice complimentary back to Johnson. Previous Pick - Greg Stroman.

98. Houston Texans [Comp] - Jeff Holland, DE, Auburn (6'2" 245lbs). Holland is one of my favorite players in this draft. He has a great motor and would be a nice depth pass-rusher behind Whitney Mercilus and Jadeveon Clowney.

99. Denver Broncos [Comp] - Chad Thomas, DE, Miami (6'6" 280lbs). Derek Wolfe is a good player, but potential rape allegations against Adam Gotsis could end his season. Chad Thomas could be a nice choice for depth here. Previous Pick - Jessie Bates III.

100. Cincinnati Bengals [Comp] - Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina (6'2" 221lbs). Vontaze Burfict is suspended (again) for several games and eventually they're going to give up on him. The Bengals did land Preston Brown, but they still have issues with their depth. Skai Moore could be a nice depth player for them and, eventually, work his way up to the WILL spot. Previous Pick - Uchenna Nwosu.

Blog Entries

Round 4 Highlights:

107. New York Jets - Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (6'5" 225lbs). Tate is raw and untested, but he has drawn some comparisons to former Seminole, Kelvin Benjamin. Considering where the Jets are, I think taking a chance on Tate wouldn't be a terrible idea.

109. Washington Redskins [From Denver through San Francisco] - Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond (6'3" 215lbs). Lauletta has some similar traits to that of Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins. Given that Alex Smith is 34 years old, it makes sense to start grooming his replacement.

110. Oakland Raiders - Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas (6'3" 240lbs). The Raiders don't seem to inclined to re-sign Navorro Bowman. Maybe they're looking in this draft for a younger MIKE linebacker?

111. Los Angeles Rams [From Miami] - J'Mon Moore, WR, Missouri (6'3" 204lbs).
    Moore has good vertical speed to go along with a big frame. The Rams don't need a receiver after trading for Brandin Cooks, but Moore gives them some height, which they don't currently have.

118. Baltimore Ravens - Kyzir White, FS, West Virginia (6'2" 216lbs). I like his size, I like his range, I like his physicality, and I like his anticipation when breaking on passes. Eric Weddle is getting old and the Ravens really need to figure out who his replacement will be.

119. Los Angeles Chargers - Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (5'9" 195lbs). Wadley is a quick elusive back with excellent ability out of the backfield. He could be a nice complimentary piece to Melvin Gordon.

126. Atlanta Falcons - Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays State (6'5" 315lbs). Dan Quinn's defense requires versatility up front and Shepherd can play most interior DL positions.

127. New Orleans Saints - Dante Pettis, WR, Washington (6'1" 195lbs).
    Pettis was highly productive and is a solid all-around receiver. With Ted Ginn Jr getting older and Willie Snead likely leaving next year, Pettis could be nice depth.

128. San Francisco 49er's [From Pittsburgh] - Daurice Fountain, WR, UNI (6'1" 210lbs).
    Fountain is a small school prospect, but he performed well at the E/W Shrine Game and put his name on the map. San Francisco definitely needs more than 1 WR in this draft.

131. Miami Dolphins [From New England Patriots through Philadelphia] - Nick Shimonek, QB, Texas Tech (6'3" 225lbs). Adam Gase doesn't seem to be in love with Ryan Tannehill, so I wouldn't be surprised if he took a project QB in this draft.

133. Green Bay Packers [Comp] - Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa (6'1" 235lbs).
    Jewell is a solid all-around LB with potential to be a 3-down player for the Packers. Jake Ryan and Blake Martinez are good players, but they're not great players.

134. Arizona Cardinals [Comp] - Trenton Thompson, DT, Georgia (6'4" 295lbs). At one point, Thompson was considered a borderline round-1 pick, so this is great value for a team switching to a base 4-3 alignment.

Blog Entries

Round 5 Highlights

139. New York Giants - Hercules Ma'tafa, DE, Washington St (6'1" 254lbs).
    Jim Bettcher is the new DC and he runs an attacking 3-4. Ma'tafa would be a good fit at SAM.

141. Seattle Seahawks [From Houston] - Jaleel Scott, WR, New Mexico State (6'4" 205lbs). Tyler Lockett has been so-so and Doug Baldwin can't do it all himself.

148. Pittsburgh Steelers [From San Francisco] - John Kelly, RB, Tennessee (5'9" 208lbs).
    Kelly has nice speed and power. The Steelers tagged Le'Veon Bell, but it is unlikely that they'll keep him after this season.

154. Baltimore Ravens - Kurt Benkert, QB, UVA (6'3" 220lbs).
    I could see the Ravens being very intrigued by Benkert. He's got a great arm and he throws on the run as good as anyone in this draft. I also think the Ravens will like his desire for competition (he was the starter at ECU and transferred to UVA where that wasn't guaranteed). His completion percentage isn't great for a college QB and his Yards Per Pass Attempt isn't that great, but UVA ran a lot of screens and short crossing routes. When Benkert let it fly, he can really push the ball down the field. I dont know if he's someone that can be a franchise QB down the road, but he certainly has that upside.

156. Seattle Seahawks [From Philadelphia] - Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana (6'5" 248lbs).
    Thomas didn't have a lot of production at Indiana, but that was because the TE wasn't a featured role in their offense. Athletically, he's a nice prospect and in Seattle's offense, he could be come a star pretty quickly.

Blog Entries

Round 6 Baltimore Picks:

190. Baltimore Ravens - Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin (6'2" 235lbs). Jacobs lined up as an edge rusher, SAM linebacker, WILL linebacker, and even MIKE. He blitzes well, he's a good tackler, and he has some ability to generate turnovers. I dont know that he'd be able to take over at WILL for Peanut right away, but I like Jacobs' upside a lot more than Peanut's.

215. Baltimore Ravens [Comp] - Justin Watson, WR, Penn (6'3" 225lbs). Watson put on a show during the pre-draft process. He's a big guy and he's built like Jordy Nelson or Eric Decker. However, I think he could be more athletic than either of those two guys were when they were drafted. The Ravens have been very interested in Watson and I think this would be a great value pick at a position where they haven't had a lot of luck in development.

Blog Entries

So to recap Baltimore's picks -

1. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    2. Frank Ragnow, OC, Arkansas
    3. DaeSean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
    4. Kyzir White, FS, West Virginia
    5. Kurt Benkert, QB, UVA
    6. Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin
    6 (comp). Justin Watson, WR, Penn

Great work, Wicked. Much appreciated. I'm with you on building from the O line out. I do NOT want us to waste high picks on WRs -- because we don't know how to evaluate or develop young WRs.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

I wouldn’t mind this at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk