Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Starbucks Cowers to Libs to Cover it's ass

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Because there were white people there literally telling the cops they hadn’t bought anything either. I posted eyewitness accounts from two separate people who were there a few posts up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what there were white people there telling the cops something. Did you not see the Viral video from like a year ago from Walmart. Black woman shoplifted, old white guy employee tacklers her in the parking lot the woman is like 300lbs and not an easy fight so the guy is struggling with the woman. Some White entitled asshole woman starts filming it. Next thing you know the Walmart employee is fired, the fat shoplifting criminal is now all of a sudden the victim in the entire story. TOTALLY BAT SHIT FU** NUTS.

Same with this story. 2 assholes are loitering (I see stupid people No matter skin color) and dumbassholes think they are entitled to just park their ass anywhere they feel. NOPE. That is why there are rules and laws. The problem with todays society is they give in to the whining liberal ass clowns and pander to these morons and it just continues to snowball into the next atrocity.

My wife and daughter will never get another Starbucks coffee. That shit stain of a company lost my business for good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    If that is true, then clearly what the manager did was wrong. I just don't understand why they are closing around 8,000 stores for racial training. What will the training entail? I mean, how many hours does it take to tell your employees not to discriminate against anyone?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Am I the only one that sees the irony of racial training?

Hey, don't judge people differently by the very thing you're going to do tell to they're different, judge them by the color of their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ge...bring-down-us/

So much BS in this thread and everywhere else on this board. LOL. It's easy to see how Trump gets elected when his supporters have no interest determining what is real and what is fake. No one even thinks to fact check a ridiculous quote like that. Just take it as fact to fit their absurd Alex Jones/Mike Cernovich-fueled conspiracy theories. You guys believe in Pizzagate too?
    You’re welcome to stick around and debate us. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Hey, don't judge people differently by the very thing you're going to do tell to they're different, judge them by the color of their skin.
    I think you may be missing the point of racial bias training. It’s not to treat people differently based on their skin color. It’s to be aware of “implicit bias” or that pervasive invisible bias that exists on a subconscious level. The kind that tells an employee it’s okay to tell a white woman that she can use the restroom and then call the cops on the two black men. It’s to bring about self awareness so that people CAN treat other people the same and realize when they may be reflexively perceiving something inherently biased.

If you don’t even know you have a bias that’s systemic to the point of being subconscious, how can you ever hope to overcome it? Everyone has biases and prejudices. We aren’t realistically going to “erase” them. But at least we can acknowledge them and be aware of when they are influencing our actions. That’s what this training is all about.

I think you may be missing the point of racial bias training. It’s not to treat people differently based on their skin color. It’s to be aware of “implicit bias” or that pervasive invisible bias that exists on a subconscious level. The kind that tells an employee it’s okay to tell a white woman that she can use the restroom and then call the cops on the two black men. It’s to bring about self awareness so that people CAN treat other people the same and realize when they may be reflexively perceiving something inherently biased.

If you don’t even know you have a bias that’s systemic to the point of being subconscious, how can you ever hope to overcome it? Everyone has biases and prejudices. We aren’t realistically going to “erase” them. But at least we can acknowledge them and be aware of when they are influencing our actions. That’s what this training is all about.
    QuothDaRaven, you seem like a super nice guy. I already like you.

I disagree with pretty much 150% of what you wrote.

I have a friend at my job. He happens to be black. I've told my wife 100 stories about this guy because we sat next to one another for a year. He's hilarious and cool as hell. Big Steelers fan. Easy to talk football with. Never, have I once told my wife that he is black...because...it doesn't matter, and I never think to mention it. I don't mention it about my white friends either. I don't mention it about any other friends I may run across in life as well. Skin color simply doesn't matter. You know when I do mention it? When people tell me I am subconsciously bias against people but I don't know it. Lol.

What you're telling me is that subconsciously...I "could be" bias against my friend??? Subconsciously???

I'm a reasonable man. I live in logic. The way I see it...if you're looking for racism, you'll find...and most definitely in the subconscious.

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    So what there were white people there telling the cops something. Did you not see the Viral video from like a year ago from Walmart. Black woman shoplifted, old white guy employee tacklers her in the parking lot the woman is like 300lbs and not an easy fight so the guy is struggling with the woman. Some White entitled asshole woman starts filming it. Next thing you know the Walmart employee is fired, the fat shoplifting criminal is now all of a sudden the victim in the entire story. TOTALLY BAT SHIT FU** NUTS.

Same with this story. 2 assholes are loitering (I see stupid people No matter skin color) and dumbassholes think they are entitled to just park their ass anywhere they feel. NOPE. That is why there are rules and laws. The problem with todays society is they give in to the whining liberal ass clowns and pander to these morons and it just continues to snowball into the next atrocity.

My wife and daughter will never get another Starbucks coffee. That shit stain of a company lost my business for good
    So why were the rules and laws applicable to them and not the white patrons such as the white woman who apparently used the restroom without buying anything? And why wasn’t there sufficient evidence to charge them, in the DA’s own words, if it’s so clear?

You see the issue as one of law enforcement; and that’s fair. But tucked away within that issue is the overarching issue of how and why we choose to apply the laws. You see it as pandering to “whining liberal ass clowns” and that’s fair, but the selective application of laws favoring one race/ethnicity/gender have always, ALWAYS, been fought against and found unconstitutional.

The argument that you see stupid people no matter the skin color is great, and I congratulate you on transcending the systemic problem of implicit racial bias, but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. Your Walmart example isn’t a good parallel for a number of reasons but please send me a link to a news article featuring it. I’ve google searched and can’t find anything.

This is exactly what goes down everyday in society. there is a double standard.

So now they are going to close all the stores, teach their employees to give people who are minority decent preferential treatment. That is exactly what that says.

You know what is hilarious is this is in Philadelphia. Earlier this year I was reading an article and watching a video on it, there is a Philadelphia suburb, mostly minority population. Well one of the politicians is forcing all the small business owners to remove all the security glass inside of their businesses because it offends African American residents. I kid you not. Look it up. I cant recall the woman's name who is behind it.

So you are a small business owner. You install bullet proof glass to protect your employees (possibility family members) and the local government is trying to force them to take it down so the local criminals can more easily rob them.

STop spending money in these establishments like Starbucks. Send a message. The only message they will understand is loss of revenue

Blog Entries

I think you missed my point. Cause all of what you typed here is just expanding on it.

How are you going to teach people who aren't racially bias? By teaching them to be racially bias...

You're going to tell people who have no active dislike or by bias towards other people to look at the color of skin of people and do or don't do something based on that.

I know I'm not articulating how I'm thinking about this, but there is irony there, kinda similar to affirmative action.

I think you missed my point. Cause all of what you typed here is just expanding on it.

How are you going to teach people who aren't racially bias? By teaching them to be racially bias...

You're going to tell people who have no active dislike or by bias towards other people to look at the color of skin of people and do or don't do something based on that.

I know I'm not articulating how I'm thinking about this, but there is irony there, kinda similar to affirmative action.
    I agree.

This “implicit racial bias” thing is being thrown around like it’s real. We have racial prejudices no matter what. Bullshit.

It’s easy to find race in EVERYTHING when you’re looking for race in EVERYTHING.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    This is exactly what goes down everyday in society. there is a double standard.

So now they are going to close all the stores, teach their employees to give people who are minority decent preferential treatment. That is exactly what that says.

You know what is hilarious is this is in Philadelphia. Earlier this year I was reading an article and watching a video on it, there is a Philadelphia suburb, mostly minority population. Well one of the politicians is forcing all the small business owners to remove all the security glass inside of their businesses because it offends African American residents. I kid you not. Look it up. I cant recall the woman's name who is behind it.

So you are a small business owner. You install bullet proof glass to protect your employees (possibility family members) and the local government is trying to force them to take it down so the local criminals can more easily rob them.

STop spending money in these establishments like Starbucks. Send a message. The only message they will understand is loss of revenue
    Why only African American residents? Are they the only ones who would rob these stores? That line of thinking is..... RACIST!

It is hilarious to me how people don't see that going around telling everyone how their actions are racist (when they're not) makes them the racist.

So why were the rules and laws applicable to them and not the white patrons such as the white woman who apparently used the restroom without buying anything? And why wasn’t there sufficient evidence to charge them, in the DA’s own words, if it’s so clear?

You see the issue as one of law enforcement; and that’s fair. But tucked away within that issue is the overarching issue of how and why we choose to apply the laws. You see it as pandering to “whining liberal ass clowns” and that’s fair, but the selective application of laws favoring one race/ethnicity/gender have always, ALWAYS, been fought against and found unconstitutional.

The argument that you see stupid people no matter the skin color is great, and I congratulate you on transcending the systemic problem of implicit racial bias, but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. Your Walmart example isn’t a good parallel for a number of reasons but please send me a link to a news article featuring it. I’ve google searched and can’t find anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJlLYkaW1eo ( here you go) Guy loses his job for doing his job. Pretty messed up. WHY? because he was white and she was black plain and simple. There is a Walmart Security video of a white guy stabbing 2 white Walmart loss prevention guys. No one came to that white guy criminals defense because he broke the law and he was white.

I work security part time. Criminals are not polite and apologetic about their actions.

I have worked bartending for many years. The store manager cant see and monitor every single person. Maybe the white woman was in there for only a few minutes who knows. But to say its purely racial bias or racial profiling is just plain ignorant and stupid simply because these 2 assholes happen to be black.

Show me proof of systemic racism or institutional racism and I will stand there and defend it right along with you. But to simply say its something out there in the ether is simply stupid.

There was no video in this case of the store manager saying anything Racial to these guys. The MSM sees this and runs with it and makes up shit that never happened all the time.

Why only African American residents? Are they the only ones who would rob these stores? That line of thinking is..... RACIST!

It is hilarious to me how people don't see that going around telling everyone how their actions are racist (when they're not) makes them the racist.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKagWN7RCKM Here you go. There is a bunch of info and video on it. The community if mostly African American and she is pandering to her constituents.