Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco Compares Dez to Boldin

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Read the tea leaves. Do they say anything to you?

Lol, it says that Joe probably hasn't taken things too seriously since they traded Boldin over $2 Mill and continued to blow dollar after dollar on defenses that give up leads late in the 4th quarter.

Hint hint - "I really liked having Boldin here. You shouldn't have traded him in the first place. He should have finished his career in Baltimore. Get me better players assholes."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Where did you get this impression? Nothing I have seen or read, here or anywhere else, suggests this is more than wishful thinking on the part of some fans. The only way Joe takes a paycut is if he performs poorly this year and feels he's in danger of release in 2019 unless he takes such a cut. He's not taking a pay cut to get Dez or any other player here.
    I often wonder about this. Have the Ravens really asked Joe to restructure his deal? Or take a pay cut?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I often wonder about this. Have the Ravens really asked Joe to restructure his deal? Or take a pay cut?
    I doubt either. I feel a restructure or even extension would be a bad idea as it would hamstring the team down the road. As for a straight pay cut, I'm guessing the team knows that Joe has zero incentive to agree to that in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Hopefully their info is valid and outside the news outlets

Blog Entries

comon OZZIE!!! do something to get him here!!!

Blog Entries

I doubt either. I feel a restructure or even extension would be a bad idea as it would hamstring the team down the road. As for a straight pay cut, I'm guessing the team knows that Joe has zero incentive to agree to that in 2018.
    Maybe. Who knows? Obviously Joe doesn't have to agree to that at all, but I think if it meant between getting better talent around him and WINNING vs mediocre talent and missing the playoffs again, Joe would consider coughing up a few mill. I would.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe. Who knows? Obviously Joe doesn't have to agree to that at all, but I think if it meant between getting better talent around him and WINNING vs mediocre talent and missing the playoffs again, Joe would consider coughing up a few mill. I would.
    Maybe you would. I can't say I would. But as non-millionaire fans we have a different perspective from NFL stars. It's easy for us to sit here and say that these players can easily give up a few mil. I very much doubt they see things in the same light.

My guess - and admittedly it's only a guess - is that Joe won't agree to any straight pay cut unless he feels his job is otherwise in danger. Frankly, I wouldn't blame him.

Why are we so heavily favored to land Dez? How could we possibly afford him?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why are we so heavily favored to land Dez?
    Lazy sports media.

Blog Entries

Maybe you would. I can't say I would. But as non-millionaire fans we have a different perspective from NFL stars. It's easy for us to sit here and say that these players can easily give up a few mil. I very much doubt they see things in the same light.
    In some aspects, you're probably right. For someone like Joe? Who still vacations at the Jersey shore during the summer with his family (I know, I've seen him there on the beaches throw the ball with kids and shit)? Who drove a beater volvo for a few seasons into his rookie deal? A guy who owns his house in Reistertown outright and only paid $1.3 Mill for it?

I dont know...seems like Joe probably doesn't really care that much about the money. I'm just speculating though.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why are we so heavily favored to land Dez? How could we possibly afford him?
    Lots of fans with a gambling problems and WR envy issues.