Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: GO GET THEM! Cohen's involvement.

cohen is a dumbass who will crack under pressure. whatever dirt he has on trump will soon be known....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/25/polit...ent/index.html

Cohen takes the Lois Lerner route and pleads the fifth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/25/polit...ent/index.html

Cohen takes the Lois Lerner route and pleads the fifth.

Which means he’s done something he doesn’t want getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Which means he’s done something he doesn’t want getting out.
    Could be, or just as easily could he he does not trust the government or investigatory bodies to be fair. Many entities have shown that they will get you, even if their isn't any real evidence, even if it means using a process or protocol crime.

I am glad he is, and hope he tells anyone who asks otherwise to go pound sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    Could be, or just as easily could he he does not trust the government or investigatory bodies to be fair. Many entities have shown that they will get you, even if their isn't any real evidence, even if it means using a process or protocol crime.

I am glad he is, and hope he tells anyone who asks otherwise to go pound sand.

Good point.

“They” aren’t getting Trump for collusion so they will take what low hanging fruit they can get.

We’ll see.

Blog Entries

The FBI is under scrutiny as it is. They would have to have good intel to raid somebody's lawyer so publicly. I know theres a lot of "deep state" conspiracy folks around here, and thats fine, but I dont think that applies to the legal aspect of this. In the eyes of the court, pleading the 5th is not saying nothing, its saying "IF I say something its only going to incriminate me." Thats what I find interesting about this. Somebody told them that Cohen is doing the dealings for Trump presumably, under the protection of client/attorney privilege to hide it. Cohen admitting that speaking about it would only incriminate him, means he hopes they dont have enough to incriminate him on their own right now. Its usually a last resort not a first line of defense. If hes innocent, the truth is a much better play than the fifth.

this is a precursor to immunity imo. If no wrong doing took place between Trump and Cohen, than this was a massive breach of privacy and was done so very publicly, and they should be held accountable for why they did so. the only possible reasons being what they deem good intel (sometimes it ends up not), or massive incompetence/conspiracy. Considering the microscope theyre under, i tend to lean to the former, because at the end of the day the reason is going to come out. either in benefit to them and against Trump/Cohen or at their expense and downfall. i dont think these are dumb people, even if you believe the conspiracy, so I tend to lean towards the former, while still considering incompetence as a possibility.

so as much as raiding for intel can be passed off as "desperate" for the deep state conspiracy/anti-Trump, Cohen pleading the fifth when he knows what they would have found in those raids, is very desperate itself, imo. This very well could be still part of the collusion case, with his conversations with his lawyer supporting the dossier or some of these other claims, or info we dont even know about. until we know what they have, what he doesnt want to talk about, we have no idea how it plays into the investigation. Thats what i find interesting about the "they dont have anything" argument, we dont know what they have yet. maybe its nothing, or maybe they do have incriminating evidence. we arent in the know for that.... yet.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 04-26-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    -JAB

the prick got his money back what was he crying about?

Blog Entries

If Comey could plant a bloody glove I'm sure he would.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CincyCat; 05-03-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

The FBI is only under scrutiny by Republicans. They don't care that they're under scrutiny, they still do what they want, when they want. Congress has requested information and they said "no." This is pretty scary initself. The FBI has become a rogue agency that answers to no one (at least as long as they are Republican). They cannot accept that Hillary lost and Republicans are legally in charge. They are of the same ilk as the Mayor of San Francisco. They only follow laws that they deem appropriate. Why shouldn't the rest of us start doing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The FBI is under scrutiny as it is. They would have to have good intel to raid somebody's lawyer so publicly. I know theres a lot of "deep state" conspiracy folks around here, and thats fine, but I dont think that applies to the legal aspect of this. In the eyes of the court, pleading the 5th is not saying nothing, its saying "IF I say something its only going to incriminate me." Thats what I find interesting about this. Somebody told them that Cohen is doing the dealings for Trump presumably, under the protection of client/attorney privilege to hide it. Cohen admitting that speaking about it would only incriminate him, means he hopes they dont have enough to incriminate him on their own right now. Its usually a last resort not a first line of defense. If hes innocent, the truth is a much better play than the fifth.

this is a precursor to immunity imo. If no wrong doing took place between Trump and Cohen, than this was a massive breach of privacy and was done so very publicly, and they should be held accountable for why they did so. the only possible reasons being what they deem good intel (sometimes it ends up not), or massive incompetence/conspiracy. Considering the microscope theyre under, i tend to lean to the former, because at the end of the day the reason is going to come out. either in benefit to them and against Trump/Cohen or at their expense and downfall. i dont think these are dumb people, even if you believe the conspiracy, so I tend to lean towards the former, while still considering incompetence as a possibility.

so as much as raiding for intel can be passed off as "desperate" for the deep state conspiracy/anti-Trump, Cohen pleading the fifth when he knows what they would have found in those raids, is very desperate itself, imo. This very well could be still part of the collusion case, with his conversations with his lawyer supporting the dossier or some of these other claims, or info we dont even know about. until we know what they have, what he doesnt want to talk about, we have no idea how it plays into the investigation. Thats what i find interesting about the "they dont have anything" argument, we dont know what they have yet. maybe its nothing, or maybe they do have incriminating evidence. we arent in the know for that.... yet.
    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The FBI is only under scrutiny by Republicans. They don't care that they're under scrutiny, they still do what they want, when they want. Congress has requested information and they said "no." This is pretty scary initself. The FBI has become a rogue agency that answers to no one (at least as long as they are Republican). They cannot accept that Hillary lost and Republicans are legally in charge. They are of the same ilk as the Mayor of San Francisco. They only follow laws that they deem appropriate. Why shouldn't the rest of us start doing that?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Yep.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎