Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who knew that the term "cotton picking" is racest?

Re: Who knew that the term "cotton picking" is racest?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Seems we have an issue where -ing and -er can be viewed differently like with -er and -ah.

I can see how that would be at least insensitive, but not necessarily racist. I definitely don't think the commentator is racist. Just said something stupid.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Speechless.

I officially want to live off the grid and never have to hear this nonsense ever again.

Censorship is happening...right now...in this country...and so many people aren't noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Speechless.

I officially want to live off the grid and never have to hear this nonsense ever again.

Censorship is happening...right now...in this country...and so many people aren't noticing.
    A Fucking MEN to that statement. This is what I have to say. (FU** your feelings) to everyone in general. Should you go around acting like a douchebag? No But everything offends everyone in todays world. You call a curvy woman full figured its offensive, you call a thin woman skinny its offensive.

If you disagree with someone who doesn't view you narrative, they are offended. If you support trump, its offensive. If you wear an American flag shirt or hat, its offensive. Give me a fucking break.

I got zero filter with people when they talk that dumb shit.

I did not going to defend it.

I dare any of you to go in the Ravens locker room and tell any of the players they out their cotton picking mind. See if you make it out in one piece. That term has always been racist. Y’all stay telling on yourselves! Lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I dare any of you to go in the Ravens locker room and tell any of the players they out their cotton picking mind. See if you make it out in one piece. That term has always been racist. Y’all stay telling on yourselves! Lmao
    Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Shut up.
    fuckin A

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Actually no the term hasn't always been racist.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1183...-awful-history

Cotton-picking is usually used as a stand-in for "damn," to make it more socially acceptable than swearing
    Linguist Gary Martin over at The Phrase Finder has found that "cotton-picking" is actually a pretty old term, dating back to the first European cotton plantations in the 1700s, but that it only really showed up as an adjective in the 1940s. And in the examples he found, it referred to Southerners in general, not just blacks.
    There's yet another variety on the phrase: To call somebody a "cotton-picker" is undeniably, completely racist.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Actually no the term hasn't always been racist.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1183...-awful-history
    WHAT!? You mean Flith made something racist that wasn't racist?

Shocked by this, that's not like Filth.

Im all against the censorship and how easily offended people nowadays are

But

Cotton picking? There's an obvious history behind that. The commentator probably wasn't trying to be racist but I can clearly see how this could be offensive, seeing as how the player is black.