Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ot: Nhl playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    They had their chances to get the game winner but really, in the playoffs 4 goals should be enough to win. The defense let them down as much as missing open nets on offense.
    the D is so slow. take too many bad penalties. and for some unknown reason goalies play amazing against caps in playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My Devils got stomped too. A lot of 5 spots being put up
    Devils fan here as well. Just glad we ended the playoffs drought, but leaving first round (most likely gonna happen) sucks. TB is a tough first round draw.

Kings got a spankin!

Go Knights!

Great game by the Caps last night. They showed a lot of speed. Pisses me off that every time Tom Wilson hits somebody it is a penalty. But they run our goaltender and nothing is called. ROCK THE RED!!!!

caps gonna break my heart i know it

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Kings got a spankin!

Go Knights!
    A 4-0 sweep looks like a spanking, but all games were one goal differentials, so it was close throughout. The Kings' problem is that while they give up fewer goals than anyone in the league, they also don't score much. Running into a hot goalie like Fleurry highlighted that problem and was a tailor-made situation for the Knights. Fleurry had 127 saves on 130 shots. You are going to win a lot of series when you only give up 3 goals in 4 games. Plus, the Knights are four lines deep.

I think that dream season comes to an end vs. San Jose. The Sharks made the best trade at the deadline by acquiring Evander Kane. That one move greatly improved that team.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    A 4-0 sweep looks like a spanking, but all games were one goal differentials, so it was close throughout. The Kings' problem is that while they give up fewer goals than anyone in the league, they also don't score much. Running into a hot goalie like Fleurry highlighted that problem and was a tailor-made situation for the Knights. Fleurry had 127 saves on 130 shots. You are going to win a lot of series when you only give up 3 goals in 4 games. Plus, the Knights are four lines deep.

I think that dream season comes to an end vs. San Jose. The Sharks made the best trade at the deadline by acquiring Evander Kane. That one move greatly improved that team.
    I think they go all the way and make history.

Aaaaand, the Devils are out. At least we didn't get swept. lol

Caps-Blue Jackets in OT in game 5.

There's a shocker . . . . five games, five OT periods.

caps killing me literally

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    caps killing me literally
    The crime was not starting Holtby in game 2. I Could understand going with either guy in game 1 but after that it should have been Holtby.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The crime was not starting Holtby in game 2. I Could understand going with either guy in game 1 but after that it should have been Holtby.
    That was a curious decision. Hopefully the Caps have righted the ship and can keep this from going 7 games, and the Flyers can at the very least extend the Penguins. That might give the Caps a bit of rest advantage going into that series.