Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ot: Nhl playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The knights got her done
    I hate the Knights. The way the NHL did expansion was ridiculous. It gave a brand new fan base the deepest team at the expense of everyone else. I hope the Kings kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I hate the Knights. The way the NHL did expansion was ridiculous. It gave a brand new fan base the deepest team at the expense of everyone else. I hope the Kings kill them.
    Isn't that how they always do it?

The thing is a lot of those guys weren't even top 6's on other teams. James Neal, March being a couple of exceptions. Guys like Karlsson, Smith, Tuch and Haula are just breaking out at the same time. It's insane.

I'd also add that none of their D-men were top pairing guys except for Methot and he was traded to Dallas.

So, while I was pissed as a Sens fan becuase we lost Methot, it's not like they loaded up on other guys top lines. They took a bunch of guys on the fringe and got all fo the mto buy into a system and a coach and it was insanely effective. I've never seen anything like it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Well I’m a pens fan , didn’t watch hockey til 2001 and fell in love when attending a pens game. We were shit then so easy financially to attend 20+ a year back then lol.
    I hope we 3 peat. Not as confident as i was last year tho. The flower and Murray was a great combo to have. D is Shaky this year, but still the star power of Crosby and Geno and Phil , we gonna have to score 5 goals a game to win lord Stanley for a 3 peat.
    Mike Sullivan is so far undefeated in Playoffs series. I like that to continue.
    Smashville loaded up even more and are all in to get back to finals. Vegas is a good team and will go as far as Flower takes them. The Kings tho could be there Problem to get out of first rd. But if do can see Vegas and Nashville in west finals.
    As Far as Caps , Lmao , Cbj wanted them not pens first rd. I dislike ohio more then DC , and did hope they(cbj) at least enjoy what 4 wins feels like in playoff series, but Caps gonna win that series. Either way the pens will be in the winners head next rd. Could be the year the caps finally win over pens ?!
    The rest of east , sad no Rangers in Playoffs, got used to that. TB and Boston are the best in East i think. Still don’t think either will win in a playoff series against the pens.
    Overall i think a rematch of Smashville and pens will happen for cup. I would like Vegas and Pens.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Won't give it a monkeys tushy thought with the Blues out of it

You should see the buzz here for the Golden Knights. Nothing creates a bandwagon for a new team than a winning team. It's by far the biggest story in town.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Isn't that how they always do it?

The thing is a lot of those guys weren't even top 6's on other teams. James Neal, March being a couple of exceptions. Guys like Karlsson, Smith, Tuch and Haula are just breaking out at the same time. It's insane.

I'd also add that none of their D-men were top pairing guys except for Methot and he was traded to Dallas.

So, while I was pissed as a Sens fan becuase we lost Methot, it's not like they loaded up on other guys top lines. They took a bunch of guys on the fringe and got all fo the mto buy into a system and a coach and it was insanely effective. I've never seen anything like it.
    No, the way expansion was done for the Knights was the first time they did it that way. They didn't load up on just fringe players. Teams were allowed to freeze only 7 forwards, 3 defensemen and a goalie, or 8 skaters and a goalie (it used to be 9 forwards, 5 defensemen and a goalie, so big difference). That meant that the Knights were able to load up with players who were all 2nd line forwards and 2nd line defensemen. As you know, it takes at least three solid lines to compete - at least 10 good forwards and 6 defensmen. The Knights were able to stock up on the 4th best defensemen from all those teams, or the 6th-8th best forward. So essentially, while they didn't get any stars, they got at team with four 2nd lines. That's a deeper team than one with a top line, a 2nd line, a 3rd line and a 4th line. All lines get lots of time on the ice, so four #2 lines is going to have an advantage much of the game.

I will concede that the players bought into the system and the coach and GM did a great job constructing the team, but they had a wealth of talent from which to choose.

Think of it like this - how good would an NFL expansion team be if that team was able to pilfer a couple of players ranked 20th-25th best from each NFL team? You could end up with an entire team of starting quality players.

Maybe the best tweet in the history of Earth...

Jon Bois
    @jon_bois
    16 Apr 2014

why watch overtime playoff hockey when you can simply snort cocaine and ride a motorcycle out of a helicopter
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

caps suck again

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    caps suck again
    Caps should blow it up. This group can't get it done.

Knights-Kings game 3 getting pretty rowdy! Wish the intermissions weren't so long.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Caps should blow it up. This group can't get it done.
    They had their chances to get the game winner but really, in the playoffs 4 goals should be enough to win. The defense let them down as much as missing open nets on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    They had their chances to get the game winner but really, in the playoffs 4 goals should be enough to win. The defense let them down as much as missing open nets on offense.
    The Caps invent new ways to lose in the playoffs. Trotz should be fired if the Caps blow this series.