Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Wrestling Fans' Off-Season Thread

WWE just not the same anymore, I can't get behind some of these guys don't get me wrong they talented as all can be but man they just not very entertaining, outside of the miz no one else really has the mic skills or that charisma, maybe Shinske with the charisma.

Blog Entries

I actually find myself enjoying the women's performances better than the men these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The women's title match between Flair and Auska was the best match of the night.
    I haven't watched wrestling in a while but that match sounded really good. AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura was other one that I'd tune in for. I used to really like Kevin Steen and El Generico but their WWE personas just aren't the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I thought Charlotte vs Asuka match was the best women’s match I’ve ever seen.
    You need to watch the NXT matches w/ Sasha and Bayley and Becky and Charlotte, if that was the best women's match you've ever seen. Specifically, the fatal four way from NXT Rival, Sasha vs. Becky from NXT Unstoppable, Sasha vs. Bayley from NXT Brooklyn (I believe this is the highest rated WWE women's match by WON). Heck, even the triple threat from WM 2016 w/ Sasha and Becky and Charlotte.

Likewise if you think none of the ones I listed are close to Charlotte's league. As I said, it's all about the booking. Sasha and Bayley in particular are incredibly talented but booked horribly and rarely given enough time to tell the stories they are capable of telling. They were given that time while in NXT and the results were spectacular.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I haven't watched wrestling in a while but that match sounded really good. AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura was other one that I'd tune in for. I used to really like Kevin Steen and El Generico but their WWE personas just aren't the same.
    If you want a good Styles vs. Nakamura match, YouTube their match from NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10. The match last night was not good by their standards.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You need to watch the NXT matches w/ Sasha and Bayley and Becky and Charlotte, if that was the best women's match you've ever seen. Specifically, the fatal four way from NXT Rival, Sasha vs. Becky from NXT Unstoppable, Sasha vs. Bayley from NXT Brooklyn (I believe this is the highest rated WWE women's match by WON). Heck, even the triple threat from WM 2016 w/ Sasha and Becky and Charlotte.

Likewise if you think none of the ones I listed are close to Charlotte's league. As I said, it's all about the booking. Sasha and Bayley in particular are incredibly talented but booked horribly and rarely given enough time to tell the stories they are capable of telling. They were given that time while in NXT and the results were spectacular.
    Ric Flair has said for years that his daughter is a much better athlete and could be a better wrestler than he was. I blew off those comments since a lot of fathers are proud of their kinds but he could be right. Her execution is on point and some of those moves are crazy

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm not saying Charlotte sucks, she's very good, but so are the others. I just don't think Charlotte is significantly better than them. I mean not like we are comparing Daniel Bryan to Big Cass here. TBH I don't think any of the bigger names from this new era of women's wrestling are bad, other than Nia. The only match I want to see Nia in is against Awesome Kong.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    wrestling is fake bro
    No shit Shirlock. Tell me something I don't know.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Ric Flair has said for years that his daughter is a much better athlete and could be a better wrestler than he was. I blew off those comments since a lot of fathers are proud of their kinds but he could be right. Her execution is on point and some of those moves are crazy
    Even before the plane crash, Flair wasn't the most athletic. So, once you add that to the thought process, I can completely understand what he is saying.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Charlotte v Asuka was match of the night. I don't mind Charlotte breaking Asuka's streak at all. I do wish Asuka didn't immedaitely tap to the figure 8. Should've been more drama in that moment like when Shawn Michaels tapped to Kurt Angles ankle lock. Shawn held out for like 3 minutes.

The one match I thought for sure would be a dud was Rousey & Angle v Triple & Steph. That was damn good. Rousey still needs polish but she exceeded my expectations. Great debut.

Seeing Undertaker back was a big highlight. He moved great for a man his age and much better than last year.

Everything else was meh, especially AJ v Nakamura. Should've been an instant classic, but it was very paint by the numbers. Looked like they were just going through the motions. The heel turn was nice though.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

She has the best looking moonsault.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I think Shasha is terrible personally and a walking injury waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk