Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 10 Reasons the Mueller Investigation is Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I have real reservations about the power given to the Special Prosecutor. However, I also have no faith that Congress can conduct an impartial investigation.

Ken Starr was appointed by the AG at the time, which I believe was Janet Reno. Reno was appointed by Bill Clinton, so Starr’s investigation was sanctioned and was thus legitimate. I do think Starr’s investigation became a fishing expedition though. It started with an investigation into the Whitewater land deal. That deal took place long before Clinton became President and ended with a blue dress. Starr had to get approval every time he expanded his investigation from Reno, just as Mueller has had to do with the acting AG Rosenstein. Rosenstein was appointed by Trump.

That said, Clinton lied under oath which is a crime. So, it was appropriate that he was Impeached. Trump hasn’t been questioned under oath yet. Let’s see how he does when that happens. Mueller has been far more professional than Starr was. Starr would hold regular press conferences and give out details of his investigation. Mueller has not done that, which is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thoughtful response. Ken Starr did hit douche level after a while. Mueller being Comey's buddy makes me think he has to recuse himself. He has surrounded himself with partisans and their isn't a hint of fairness. Trump would be crazy to testify under oath. It would only be a perjury trap.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    In today's #MeToo atmosphere how do you think Clinton's fling with an underling would go over? He had power over her job. The Libtards would be losing their collective minds over this happening today, but only if it was a Conservative.

But Clinton survived and even kept Hillary out of prison. For now.
    Times change though. Bill Clinton became President 26 years ago. I was disgusted by Clinton’s behavior, just as I am with Trump.

Bill Clinton didn’t get away with it. He was Impeached, and will forever carry that dubious distinction. Time will tell what happens with Trump.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

10 Reasons the Mueller Investigation is Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Thoughtful response. Ken Starr did hit douche level after a while. Mueller being Comey's buddy makes me think he has to recuse himself. He has surrounded himself with partisans and their isn't a hint of fairness. Trump would be crazy to testify under oath. It would only be a perjury trap.
    Eventually, Trump will have to testify. Mueller has subpoena power, just as Ken Starr did. Mueller can compel testimony before a grand jury.

Trump would then have to testify under oath or plead the 5th. It would prompt a Constitutional crisis if a sitting POTUS sought protection from self-incrimination in an investigation into his activities. That would probably lead to articles of Impeachment being filed.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Times change though. Bill Clinton became President 26 years ago. I was disgusted by Clinton’s behavior, just as I am with Trump.

Bill Clinton didn’t get away with it. He was Impeached, and will forever carry that dubious distinction. Time will tell what happens with Trump.

A POTUS getting a blowjob on the resolute desk while on the job is a little different than a private citizen allegedly fucking a random broad while not being in a government position. I mean...Obama allegedly got a blowjob from a dude while he was a Senator.

At the end of the day, why does it matter? Why does anyone care?

Blog Entries

10 Reasons the Mueller Investigation is Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    A POTUS getting a blowjob on the resolute desk while on the job is a little different than a private citizen allegedly fucking a random broad while not being in a government position. I mean...Obama allegedly got a blowjob from a dude while he was a Senator.

At the end of the day, why does it matter? Why does anyone care?
    I don’t think Mueller is going to go after Trump about his affairs. I think he is going to go after him relating to the Russia investigation. Mainly, dubious financial ties with Russians, and any connections to the 2016 Presidential campaign, along with obstruction of justice charges.

The danger for Trump with his female accusers is that the Paula Jones case set the Supreme Court precedent that a sitting POTUS can be compelled to testify under oath in a civil case. So, if Trump lies under oath in those depositions, then that is a crime, and could be an Impeachable offense.

Last edited by Dirt1; 04-05-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Blog Entries

I don’t think Mueller is going to go after Trump about his affairs. I think he is going to go after him relating to the Russia investigation. Mainly, dubious financial ties with Russians, and any connections to the 2016 Presidential campaign, along with obstruction of justice charges.

The danger for Trump with his female accusers is that the Paula Jones case set the Supreme Court precedent that a sitting POTUS can be compelled to testify under oath in a civil case. So, if Trump lies under oath in those depositions, then that is a crime, and could be an Impeachable offense.

Payback complete at that point. Checkmate. But Sessions could do his duty and disband this whole thing right now if he chose to do his duty. Rod Rosenstein will do his best to continue to frame the President as the backup plan for Hillary losing. All the King's Horses couldn't carry her to victory and it all points back to the Obama administration trying to cover their asses.

What dubious financial ties?

Blog Entries

What dubious financial ties?
    There have been rumors of money laundering for years between the Trump Organization and Russian Oligarchs. Who knows if those rumors are true though.

Blog Entries

There have been rumors of money laundering for years between the Trump Organization and Russian Oligarchs. Who knows if those rumors are true though.

Good Lord, Money Laundering? The Clinton Foundation wrote the handbook on doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like a pretty solid reason to investigate a sitting president.

Dirt1, WJC and HRC were witnesses in a fraud case revolving around the Whitewater real estate fiasco in AR. There was enough evidence of a potential crime to start an investigation.

What crime initiated the Mueller probe? Just curious.

Blog Entries

Dirt1, WJC and HRC were witnesses in a fraud case revolving around the Whitewater real estate fiasco in AR. There was enough evidence of a potential crime to start an investigation.

What crime initiated the Mueller probe? Just curious.
    Mueller has indicted 13 Russians for conspiracy to defraud the American people during the 2016 election. I think that trial is in the early summer. The Russians are not going to come to the US for the trial, so they will almost certainly be convicted. That conspiracy is the underlying crime. Then we will see if Mueller can tie the Trump campaign to that conspiracy.