Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    and a ? at tackle for the ravens...RIP Flacco's back
    If only we had a mobile QB who could scramble for their life and extend the play... oh, wait... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Browns were in a bad spot at #4. I don't like the pick, honestly. Chubb is a very good player but they've spent SIX top-65 picks on the DL in the past 3 years, and 2 of them were 1st rounders on DEs. That's just too much, although Ozzie would be proud...

I'm probably also lower on Chubb than most because I see him as a 4-3 end only. I don't like him at all in a 3-4, and if Cleveland drafts him and doesn't move to a 4-3 I really don't know where they play him.

I think if it shook out that way in the real draft Cleveland would have to trade down. If for some reason they couldn't, they're probably better off taking Quenton Nelson and moving Joel Bitonio to LT to replace Joe Thomas. I don't love that move at all either.
    The guys who made those picks are long gone. You can't look at anything they did before season because the new GM came in and said they were bad picks. He's already gotten rid of a bunch of them, including guys taken high just last year. The Browns are starting from scratch. Their pick history means nothing this year

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    If only we had a mobile QB who could scramble for their life and extend the play... oh, wait... ;)

I see what you did there. Not funny Sir.

4. Re: 2018 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

With Denver I was jammed between the QB’s left (Allen and Baker), Denzel Ward and Quinton Nelson.

Ultimately went QB because Elway will continue to try to put a QB stamp on this team...after failing with Brock, Lynch....signing Case to a reasonable QB contract I see him as a bridge for Baker for only one year in this scenario.

I do think if this were to play out someone would have jumped to 4 to take one of them and/or Denver may have moved back from and allowed someone to come up and grab Baker or Allen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    With Denver I was jammed between the QB’s left (Allen and Baker), Denzel Ward and Quinton Nelson.

Ultimately went QB because Elway will continue to try to put a QB stamp on this team...after failing with Brock, Lynch....signing Case to a reasonable QB contract I see him as a bridge for Baker for only one year in this scenario.

I do think if this were to play out someone would have jumped to 4 to take one of them and/or Denver may have moved back from and allowed someone to come up and grab Baker or Allen.

I honestly think Elway would take Allen. Big Uber strong armed athletic Qb sounds just like John coming out of college.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I honestly think Elway would take Allen. Big Uber strong armed athletic Qb sounds just like John coming out of college.

Maybe but that was also Lynch and Brock. After 2 high round flops Elway might be evaluating things a little different this time

The Colts have to be doing backflips that Quenton Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Derwin James are all available. Hard to pass on Nelson I think

Blog Entries

The Colts have to be doing backflips that Quenton Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Derwin James are all available. Hard to pass on Nelson I think
    They're definitely in the sweet spot. Plus they get a boatload picks for moving down. If this is how this plays out the Colts are really going to make out

they cant pass on nelson if he's there.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    they cant pass on nelson if he's there.
    I don't know. In this scenario, say the Phins want to trade up and get Allen. You still get at least one of Nelson, Minkah, James, Roquan, or Ward falling to you at 11. And you pick up a mid-second round pick, which is gold in this draft. For a team like Indy with plenty of holes to fill, I'd be fielding phone calls for the pick here.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Alright folks.... I'm giving you a link below to a google docs spreadsheet we use for mock drafts. I just reset it to reflect the recent Patriots-Rams trade. This should add a little bit of modern features to this mock draft. Check it out.

You can not make edits... but you can sort columns and change tabs at will.

Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:

Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who's OTC and how far away you are from your next pick.

GM Lineup tab: This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs.

All Players tab: List of over 1,000 draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are over a month old so they are NOT up to date. (Also, it includes the now incompetent CBS rankings which are horrible since Brugler and Rob Rang left CBS, i.e. CBS has Rudolph listed as the #1 QB prospect... yes... CBS is THAT bad this year). Use the rankings with caution. I do not have the time to update the rankings. Many have changed post-combine.

Available Player Tab: Very helpful tab.This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and I just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page.

Team-by-team: shows a team's entire draft.

Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Rankings from several "reputable" draft sites (including CBS, unfortunately). You can sort by source if you like. Again, these are over a month old now and not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Link to mock draft spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Dcat; 04-05-2018 at 06:00 PM.

With the 8th pick of the 2018 RSR Draft ..the Chicago Bears select Derwin James, S, Florida St.

With the revamping of the receiving corps in free agency (Robinson, Gabriel, Burton) there is no need to jump on one this early, like mock drafts used to have us doing. The defense was on the upswing last season, and pairing James with S Adrian Amos will tighten up the back end of the D something fierce. Safety has become a very important position in the modern NFL.