Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2018 RSR Mock Draft - Pick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Welcome to this years draft ! Glad to have more people.

You’re on the clock ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I'll get my pick in little later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Thanks. I'll get my pick in little later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No worries. Just making sure you knew since the last drafter might not have pm’d ya. Good Drafting !!!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 2018 RSR Mock Draft - Pick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Absolutely. I'm fine with just the Lions. The more good posters doing this mock draft the better. The Saints are yours (RavensNest)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Welcome to this years draft ! Glad to have more people.

You’re on the clock (RavensNest)! Lol
    RN, you've got to drop that house prepping immediately! What could be more important than the NFL draft, especially since you're now the Saints GM! LOL, good luck with your house, I know yours is not an easy task. BTW, this is not only one of the best boards to get and post Ravens info, but there is a helluva lot of fine guys/gals here, as can be seen by the two posts above... Bc

Blog Entries

Thanks to GOTA, I'm taking over GM responsibilities of the New Orleans Saints. Big shoes to fill as I know GOTA knows his stuff. Now onto the pick....

The Saints can go a couple of different ways here and there are some good players on the board that could fill a couple needs. Based on what I see, their needs included TE, OL, MLB, DE, QB. Players that i have scouted thru that can provide them with good value here:

TE
    Hayden Hurst
    Dallas Goedert

OL
    Connor Williams
    Billy Price
    James Daniels

MLB
    Rashaan Evans

DE
    Sam Hubbard
    Arden Key
    Josh Sweat

Other good values
    DJ Moore
    Christian Kirk

Lots of different options . I'm going to make this pick based on what I actually think the Saints will do not necessarily who I think they should pick. If I was really the GM of the Saints I would pick DJ Moore or Christian Kirk, their window to win is closing as Brees ages. With all the said, I've narrowed the choices down to the following 4 guys:

Sam Hubbard
    Rashann Evans
    Hayden Hurst
    Billy Price

The Saints seem to love Ohio State players so I could easily see them picking Hubbard or Price. I do really like Price moreso than I liked Elflein last year. His biceps injury hurts his stock b/c he is out of people's mind and doesn't play a sexy position. As an OSU fan, I watched alot of Hubbard. He is a freak athlete (former lacrosse player and Safety in HS) but I never felt he fully hit his potential. Not sure if he will be a guy that realizes that potential in the pros or be more of underachiever in the NFL. I don't think it's great value for not a sure thing.

My concern with Hurst is that he already close to 25 and TE just seems high in this spot with the other glaring needs.

This leads me to Evans. I love Evans at the next level and feel like is very underrated. Immediate starter for the Saints and contributor to a young growing defense. I'm not sure that he will last to this pick in real life but with that being said.....

With the #27th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the New Orleans Saints select Rashaan Evans, Middle Linebacker, Alabama.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

With the 28th pick in the 2018 Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select Justin Reid, Safety, Stanford.

With the 29th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland.

With the 30th pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Billy Price, C/G, Ohio State.

Well I was going to take LVD or Evans here for New England's pick but noooooooooooo some people have to ruin that. With the 31st pick the New England Patriots take Connor Williams OT of Texas. After losing 2 tackles, this is kind of a need.

Guys, round 2 list is up. We didn't need the schedule once so let's just keep running with it and deal with any overdue picks as we go.

This has been literally the most successful draft we've had in terms of participation. Very impressive and appreciate everyone staying on it.

Let's get at least 3 rounds done!!!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Guys, round 2 list is up. We didn't need the schedule once so let's just keep running with it and deal with any overdue picks as we go.

This has been literally the most successful draft we've had in terms of participation. Very impressive and appreciate everyone staying on it.

Let's get at least 3 rounds done!!!
    You're on the clock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You're on the clock
    He's (GWNR) on the clock back-to-back (Eagles then Browns). So I've got to start thinking about Giants pick (#34)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    He's (GWNR) on the clock back-to-back (Eagles then Browns). So I've got to start thinking about Giants pick (#34)... Bc
    Just don't take the guy in eyeing bc im watching you..