Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Trump sending troops to the Southern border

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    It looks like that's what he is doing.

Common frickin sense.
    Hopefully he does it right. Declare a State of Emergency...deploy the Nat Guard. While I’m all for an armed solution to the problem.....I don’t like the idea of US Soldiers being deployed here during peace time. Citizen Soldiers however is a nice loophole to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Hope they stay there and continue. Pull our men and women out of the middle east and let them get paid and be closer to home. I am all for it.
    Totally agree. I said this exact same thing a decade ago.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hell yes! Tanks , troops, and Reaper Drones! Secured Border! Problem solved.

Employment.

Bringing troops home/keeping them home.

Using modern technology.

Empower Boarder Patrol entities.

Deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I found this online:
    Would securing the border count as law enforcement action though? Doubt they'd be placing people under arrest.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Would securing the border count as law enforcement action though? Doubt they'd be placing people under arrest.

Wouldn’t part of the purpose for having them there be to arrest people who entered the country illegally? I don’t think they would be allowed to do that, as it would be considered law enforcement. Bush and Obama also sent the National Guard to the border. Might be worthwhile to look into what they were permitted to do, and if it made any difference.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Im thinking its more of a show of force than anything if he uses anything other than NG. a deterrent. maybe they help detain/hold, but BP Agents will still be doing the leg work and paper work.

were not at war with mexico, so im not sure how using the army/airforce/marines would be deemed anything else other than law enforcement if he did use them as anything more than a show. National Guard is a little different, so itll be interesting to see what he actually deploys.

He wouldnt be the first president to do this by any means. Every President this century has done the same thing, so its really not that big of a deal, unless he tries to go around the law and use a different branch.

Sending troops to the border would not be unprecedented. President George W Bush sent 6,000 National Guard troops to the Mexican border under an agreement with the governors of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas in 2006.

Those troops supported the U.S. Border Patrol but did not engage in law enforcement for legal reasons. Operation Jump Start, as it was known, lasted about two years.

Then in 2010, President Barack Obama sent 1,200 National Guard troops to the border in an effort to win GOP support for an immigration bill. Republicans insisted that Obama "secure the border" before they would vote to overhaul the immigration system.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im thinking its more of a show of force than anything if he uses anything other than NG. a deterrent. maybe they help detain/hold, but BP Agents will still be doing the leg work and paper work.
    "Jessica Vaughan, policy director at the Center for Immigration Studies, says the Guard can be used to build emergency processing centers, where federal judges can quickly review the migrants’ claims for asylum. The Guard could also provide other support services to the border patrol, ensuring the patrol has enough personnel to quickly jump on cartel smuggling operations that are often conducted amid the rush of illegal immigrants."

Obama's policies allowed almost a half a million illegal immigrants from Central America alone into the US to plead for asylum...however, they weren't meeting their court appointments. Imagine that? Which means that hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants were allowed to live and work in the United States for years as leaches on the "system."

If what Vaughan is saying is true, this is another deterrent to do as much as possible to keep these people out.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    "Jessica Vaughan, policy director at the Center for Immigration Studies, says the Guard can be used to build emergency processing centers, where federal judges can quickly review the migrants’ claims for asylum. The Guard could also provide other support services to the border patrol, ensuring the patrol has enough personnel to quickly jump on cartel smuggling operations that are often conducted amid the rush of illegal immigrants."

Obama's policies allowed almost a half a million illegal immigrants from Central America alone into the US to plead for asylum...however, they weren't meeting their court appointments. Imagine that? Which means that hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants were allowed to live and work in the United States for years as leaches on the "system."

If what Vaughan is saying is true, this is another deterrent to do as much as possible to keep these people out.
    In response to the immigrants flooding this country. Have you ever heard of the (Diversity Visa Lottery) ? I think the number is like 50,000 visas granted annually that allow immigrants into this country. They actually have game shows in other country's and its equivalent to them "winning the lottery" coming here.

I cant recall the country I saw the video on but it was eye opening just how crazy this country has become with the open borders and not just illegal but they're legal immigration of flooded immigrants into this country. Because they are a minority or here on a student visa, they get federal grants for free education and shit.

Look up the diversity visa program if you never heard of it.

Blog Entries

When I was in the Navy we used to do stuff with DEA and ATF for anti-narcotics Ops in Florida, Caribbean area, Mississippi, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Wouldn’t part of the purpose for having them there be to arrest people who entered the country illegally? I don’t think they would be allowed to do that, as it would be considered law enforcement. Bush and Obama also sent the National Guard to the border. Might be worthwhile to look into what they were permitted to do, and if it made any difference.

I think if there are BP Agents there, then those troops could fall under “TDY” orders.

Also, military would function more as a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think if there are BP Agents there, then those troops could fall under “TDY” orders.

Also, military would function more as a deterrent.

Yes. Show of Strength so to speak.

This is the problem and why the same people continue to come back. Last year, there was a guy who was deported 6 times prior to him coming back and raping and murdering some girl in California.

Have you ever watched a border patrol show or documentary? They scoop them up, bus them home and they are right back at it again.

The money this country spends alone on Border Patrol agents and surveillance in 1 year would pay for the wall its self.

Its not even the people in this country who are victims. The illegal immigrants are also victims, i remember one of my guys had to leave work one day because the "coyotes" who are the guys they pay money to bring their relatives or friends here illegally was holding the guys brother for Ransom more or less in NJ somewhere . They wanted more money after bringing the guy here. I remember one of the girls, she was young maybe 18-19, her face was cut up like Frankenstein. They said something happened to her on her way here. Shit is crazy and they need to put a stop to it.

They need to end the diversity visa program all together as well