Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Path to the Draft/Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don’t it almost seems like he’s had a plan

"If you dial back to a year ago, we talked about wanting to get our defense stronger, and we did that. Then we said that we wanted to run the football, and we were able to do that. Well, the next piece is to get a better passing game,"

"Having a strong running game, with pass protection, if we give Joe some weapons improve in the passing game, then maybe that will be enough to help us get over that hump; those one or two games that we need to win in order to get us into the playoffs," Ozzie said

"Last year and the year before, we allocated a lot of resources to the defense. We feel good about where the defense is. Offensively, last year, we were not what we want to be, so we have to address that," Assistant GM Eric DeCosta

I’m not a homer by any stretch but I’m willing to give Ozzie a chance to see his plan through his final year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll believe it if he selects an offensive playmaker in the first round.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Path to the Draft/Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'll believe it if he selects an offensive playmaker in the first round.

I’ll save my rage for when he selects a dt in the first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The notion that they made a concerted effort to fix the running game is just not true. Other than hiring Roman they didn't do anything, they paid B-Will instead of Wagner, did nothing of note in the draft, and lucked into Alex Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Because Decosta is talking out of his ass. He can draft all the hypothetical defensive probowlers all he wants. The Head coach is not playing the guys period. Last year we were league low on rookie snaps. That is pathetic for a team this devoid of any pro bowl type talent.

So Decosta can remove his head from his own ass. Like I said, we are what 6 OLBS deep now in the last 2-3 years? Some of those guys are entering their 3rd and 2nd years. its time to get some snaps.

If Decosta is that stupid, he doesn't deserve the job
    Or he can fire Harbaugh and get a coach that will give his picks more reps

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Eventually, it's going to reach a point where you're wasting picks anyway, because you can't find time for all of these defenders. The crux of the issue is how defenders tend to end up as the best players on their board. It's due to them valuing defensive positions more. Need and value go into their equation. He might not be the best overall prospect, but he will be to them and they'll end up with a logjam.
    We'll want to have enough to rotate given our offense will be unable to stay on the field ex. I don't see the issue.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    At #16, the Baltimore Ravens select Derwin James S from Florida State.
    Home run pick

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The notion that they made a concerted effort to fix the running game is just not true. Other than hiring Roman they didn't do anything, they paid B-Will instead of Wagner, did nothing of note in the draft, and lucked into Alex Collins.
    Wagner wasn't going to help The Ravens run game. Wagner run blocking wasn't what he was known for and he was quite average at that. I think The Ravens seem to believe the main problem with their run game was scheme which is probably why they hired Greg Roman in the first place who himself has been known for his creative / good rushing attack. I don't think The Ravens run game is nearly as good as it was last year with out Greg Roman apart of the coaching staff and The Ravens offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris deserves credit as well.

Ravens will pick bpa there are no ties

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Ravens will pick bpa there are no ties
    Brandon PArker?

(OT North Carolina A&T)

10. Re: Path to the Draft/Ravens

You hit the nail on the head w/that.

11. Re: Path to the Draft/Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    At #16, the Baltimore Ravens select Derwin James S from Florida State.
    As much as a lot of fans would like that, I'd say that would be the biggest shock of the whole Draft if he was available @16. Nonetheless......I like it.

12. Re: Path to the Draft/Ravens

Screw BPA at a certain point. I think you don't pass up high rated players when there is a massive disparity in grade between BPA and a player at a position of need... but I think we would be way better off right now if we were more willing to address needs early in the draft (WR really jumps out). Like I'm sure Bowser was graded slightly higher than Juju but if you looked at the graveyard that was our WR core (remember we didn't even have Maclin yet) how do you not sacrifice some grading differential for a player that can seriously boost the weakest part of your team and help you score more points.

BPA is ideal when you have a balanced roster, when you have massive weaknesses BPA is a hindrance to actually fixing what's wrong with your roster build a lot of the time.
    Bingo!! My sentiments exactly. Been saying that for years. But, Ozzie never called to ask me!!