Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In One Week

Blog Entries

In One Week

My first love, Major League Baseball will be back. I can't wait. Politics is what gets me through the winter like a competitive sport, but I really love baseball and football. I can also root for the Orioles more easily than the Ravens as we are in different leagues. But I still remember the 1970 World Series and live for the rematch with the Reds winning this time.

Good luck to the Orioles until the World Series. Then I will root for the Orioles if, and only if, the Reds aren't the National League representative. Go O's! Go Reds! Till we meet again...
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Re: In One Week

Happy for You.... But I hate baseball more than nazis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Happy for You.... But I hate baseball more than nazis

Commie!!!!! But seriously, why?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Commie!!!!! But seriously, why?
    I played it for ten years, I like playing it but watching it.... Is just so boring to me. I even went to a couple games and after the first 20minutes I had no choice but to get blacked out drunk so I could for get that abortion of an afternoon

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I played it for ten years, I like playing it but watching it.... Is just so boring to me. I even went to a couple games and after the first 20minutes I had no choice but to get blacked out drunk so I could for get that abortion of an afternoon

I’m with ya. Opening Day is great Father / son day. But other than an excuse to spend a lot to eat shitty food and drink expensive beer ....baseball is a yawner! No wonder those guys all did come back in the 80’s and 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

My first love, Major League Baseball will be back. I can't wait. Politics is what gets me through the winter like a competitive sport, but I really love baseball and football. I can also root for the Orioles more easily than the Ravens as we are in different leagues. But I still remember the 1970 World Series and live for the rematch with the Reds winning this time.

Good luck to the Orioles until the World Series. Then I will root for the Orioles if, and only if, the Reds aren't the National League representative. Go O's! Go Reds! Till we meet again...
    Cincy - I am in the same boat as Charles. I used to be a big Orioles fan but just lost interest. A lot of it started with my hatred for the owner Peter Angelos who dumped manager Dave Johnson the same year he won manager of the year, low balled Mike Mussina so as to let the Yankees sign him. He many times over ruled the GM on baseball decisions. Then there was the steroid era (and its still going on). The Orioles were awful for 10 plus years. I just find the game boring and slow and have not watched an Oriole game on TV in over 10 years, but I have been to Camden Yards a few times(wife likes to go) and watch everyone playing with their cell phones or stuffing their faces. No one seems to watch the games like a true fan anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Cincy - I am in the same boat as Charles. I used to be a big Orioles fan but just lost interest. A lot of it started with my hatred for the owner Peter Angelos who dumped manager Dave Johnson the same year he won manager of the year, low balled Mike Mussina so as to let the Yankees sign him. He many times over ruled the GM on baseball decisions. Then there was the steroid era (and its still going on). The Orioles were awful for 10 plus years. I just find the game boring and slow and have not watched an Oriole game on TV in over 10 years, but I have been to Camden Yards a few times(wife likes to go) and watch everyone playing with their cell phones or stuffing their faces. No one seems to watch the games like a true fan anymore.
    Lots of good points there. Oh how I miss the Big Red Machine days. We let you guys have Frank Robinson for no good reason, except for a GM dumber than Angelos could ever be.

Blog Entries

Lots of good points there. Oh how I miss the Big Red Machine days. We let you guys have Frank Robinson for no good reason, except for a GM dumber than Angelos could ever be.
    Cincy - those were the good ole days, Frank and Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell, Jim Palmer, Dave McNally, and Paul Blair. There was never a nicer human being and humble guy than Brooks Robinson. He is right up there in this town with Johnny Unitas.

I went to game 2 of the ALDS in 2014. Front row in left field. Took a flight the afternoon/night before and got no sleep.

Best sporting event I've ever been to. After Delmon's bases clearing double, I turned around and hugged some stranger behind me, almost face planting into his junk in the process.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I went to game 2 of the ALDS in 2014. Front row in left field. Took a flight the afternoon/night before and got no sleep.

Best sporting event I've ever been to. After Delmon's bases clearing double, I turned around and hugged some stranger behind me, almost face planting into his junk in the process.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    TMI, LOL

Sounds like my parents with college sports. They'll cheer for psu when they're not playing osu since I went there, but their hearts will always belong to Ohio state.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

no Padres for you?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk