Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Zrebeic on Harbaugh not wanting "alphas" on the team

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Harbaugh is a great motivator for a winning team after a tough loss. Where his luster seems to fall off and his message comes up short, is during a season in which there is way too much losing. It becomes the same ol' same ol' rhetoric that falls on def ears. It grinds on a team mentally. Especially, when a team is doing everything you ask of it, to the best of their ability, and they still come up short. The lack of confidence builds in what you're preaching. We need an old school, expect nothing but the best, don't give a shit about your feelings, all up in your face, lets kick the other teams ass to pair with Harbaugh's Kumbaya. We need more dogs barking to get that swagger back. Not just a solo wolf yelping a lonesome tune.

Harbaugh want's to be the Alpha and neuter anyone that challenges his position. That's how it appear at least. The problem is, when you're the Alpha and you're losing, people get tired of buying into your bullshit.
    I don't have a problem with Harbaughs handling of players or motivation. Team shows up ready to play in most big games. I have two big issues with Harbaugh: Conservative approach to offense and defense. Coaching staff hires.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I don't have a problem with Harbaughs handling of players or motivation. Team shows up ready to play in most big games. I have two big issues with Harbaugh: Conservative approach to offense and defense. Coaching staff hires.
    Not that I want to totally disagree with your post, but he sure didn't have the Ravens ready to play the Bengals (in Baltimore) in a game that meant the playoffs or going home last December... Bc

Since the Super Bowl, we've had more than enough talent to make it to the playoffs more than just once in 5 years; even with the shitty coaching staffs he's put together. The conservative approach you've mentioned, I think stems from having Flacco at QB and being limited to what we can do offensively. So, I'm not going to fault him there. Plus, he goes for it on 4th down more than any other coach in the league. He's plenty aggressive. The problem for me is, we don't play ready. We start slow. We play down to our competition. We don't find ways to finish. We let our biggest victories linger for too long. We let our biggest losses derail our season. This is a mentality issue. And I blame it directly on the way Harbaugh handles our players and the expectations he places on them.

I blame it on this mentality that 'if we do things perfectly everything will workout'. These guys are so starved for finding success through his standards, that they are either over-elated when they accomplish it, or utterly broken when then they fall short. It's an emotional roller coaster that is guided by Harbaugh's principals.

Ok, that's great and all, respectable I guess, and I admire the gist of it, but he's not an X's and O's, win through out-scheming you type of coach. He doesn't allow our alpha's to be alphas.... Good leader, excellent executive BUT.... he needs great players around him to make everything work. He's not good enough to elevate average talent to their highest potential.Breshard Perriman

Plain and simple, he doesn't allow our guys to outshine his ego and it's neutered our swag. We're not a confidant team anymore. He's Dick Vermeil 2.0. And the shame of it is, I really like him on a personal level, but he's too loyal to the wrong guys, so fuck him.

On a side note - Whiskey is a beautiful solution to everything.
    Last edited by unbelievable; 03-19-2018 at 06:06 PM. Reason: The difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer is in the taste.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not that I want to totally disagree with your post, but he sure didn't have the Ravens ready to play the Bengals (in Baltimore) in a game that meant the playoffs or going home last December... Bc
    With that said, he has done in the past. Our play off success speaks for it's self. I honestly believe that melt down against the Bunguls was more on Dean Pees awful 4th quarter play calling and a gassed defense due to the offensive lacking the necessary fire power to come up in the clutch.

Not saying Harbs is innocent in all of this, I was ready to say goodbye to him after the 3rd straight season without a play off birth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    With that said, he has done in the past. Our play off success speaks for it's self. I honestly believe that melt down against the Bunguls was more on Dean Pees awful 4th quarter play calling and a gassed defense due to the offensive lacking the necessary fire power to come up in the clutch.

Not saying Harbs is innocent in all of this, I was ready to say goodbye to him after the 3rd straight season without a play off birth.
    IIRC we came out very flat in the 1st quarter. While we did get a 4th quarter lead, IMO this game should not have been in question. The Bengals should have been thinking "we're going home", but the Ravens should have been thinking, "we're going to Kansas City" It started out looking like the other way around, and I put that on the Head Coach... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IIRC we came out very flat in the 1st quarter. While we did get a 4th quarter lead, IMO this game should not have been in question. The Bengals should have been thinking "we're going home", but the Ravens should have been thinking, "we're going to Kansas City" It started out looking like the other way around, and I put that on the Head Coach... Bc
    It looked like they didn't even want to be there. I find this alpha dog talk bs and just another excuse for failed drafts and player development.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    It looked like they didn't even want to be there. I find this alpha dog talk bs and just another excuse for failed drafts and player development.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Actually this hard working, positive but submissive personality Harball likes is a primary cause for the sucky drafts. He likes college team captains that have this personality type in the NFL. Problem is this type of personality is usually missing the talent elements. A yes man who always agrees with his coach. First on practice field. Always studying playbook and never ever questions his coach or his role. He memorized his complete playbook in college and already knows most of his NFL playbook cuz of his mastery of a college playbook. Harbaugh has confidence issues. He is So scared his team won't follow him. He gets indignant when anybody questions his role or is brash enough to say he can excel in a role or play that wasn't harballs coordinators or his own idea. When a player is really good and brash and knowledgeable and players respect his opinions more than Harballs. Harball doesn't like that. Harball is jealous and unconfident in his leadership skills And he will clash with players like that. Harball fears somebody else will be respected more than him.

Forget conspiracy theories. Harball himself has acknowledged his preference for hardworking positive but submissive try hards. The red star player system means squeaky clean personality that never was in an argument and team first. Even if his talent and upside is subpar to some players on the draft board. Harball says if u fill your team with these players you will be successful. Correa Kafusi Mosley Bowser and the loser from his brothers schools Michigan spring to mind. Then Harballs own words "A players mental state and make up is 3times more important than his talent". That is the dumbest statement any coach has ever made!! Then Harballs clashes and anger\jealousy with Reed Lewis Pollard Suggs was well leaked and documented. What do these players have in common?? Anybody really believe Boldin was jettisoned over a$million?? Ravens love aging vets with diminishing skills. So that wasn't a factor. Nobody thinks ravens weren't enamored with raw talent improved route running by Brice Butler?? Think it was a coincidence there was really no attempt to resign brash Osemele. You cant say it was money. Cuz ravens paid 3 washed up older players that year. Then the following year paid same money to a one dimensional run stuffer. Who doesn't even dominate at that!! Osemele dominates!! But he is brash!! As is Brice who Even went to media and said look anybody that watches practices will tell u I'm better than Dez at this point of his career. Harball will not draft anybody with skils and brashness. I agree busts are primary cause. However Harballs influence on the draft is as much to blame as Ozzie and Decosta. Why did so many scouts and directors leave after Harball was brought aboard??

Of course he realized his team and offense didn't have toughness or leadership. And brought in SS out of desperation. And to try to soften the impact of the allegations he likes submissive try hards.
    Last edited by MedievalKnight88; 03-20-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Since the Super Bowl, we've had more than enough talent to make it to the playoffs more than just once in 5 years; even with the shitty coaching staffs he's put together. The conservative approach you've mentioned, I think stems from having Flacco at QB and being limited to what we can do offensively. So, I'm not going to fault him there. Plus, he goes for it on 4th down more than any other coach in the league. He's plenty aggressive. The problem for me is, we don't play ready. We start slow. We play down to our competition. We don't find ways to finish. We let our biggest victories linger for too long. We let our biggest losses derail our season. This is a mentality issue. And I blame it directly on the way Harbaugh handles our players and the expectations he places on them.

I blame it on this mentality that 'if we do things perfectly everything will workout'. These guys are so starved for finding success through his standards, that they are either over-elated when they accomplish it, or utterly broken when then they fall short. It's an emotional roller coaster that is guided by Harbaugh's principals.

Ok, that's great and all, respectable I guess, and I admire the gist of it, but he's not an X's and O's, win through out-scheming you type of coach. He doesn't allow our alpha's to be alphas.... Good leader, excellent executive BUT.... he needs great players around him to make everything work. He's not good enough to elevate average talent to their highest potential.Breshard Perriman

Plain and simple, he doesn't allow our guys to outshine his ego and it's neutered our swag. We're not a confidant team anymore. He's Dick Vermeil 2.0. And the shame of it is, I really like him on a personal level, but he's too loyal to the wrong guys, so fuck him.

You are on crack if you think the conservative approach stems from having Flacco at QB. Harbaugh wants to run the ball, limit mistakes and big plays on defense. It has nothing to do with the QB. Harbaugh does not have an offensive system. We have changed it at least 5 times during his tenure. We have mixed and matched coaching philosophies. We have asked OCs to try and run another OCs system. We have had his buddy at OL coach even though he was a train wreck. With the offense it is more about poor coaching and lack of a scheme that maximizes the players strengths. Being conservative is a bigger issue on defense where he prefers a bend but don't break defense. Where he favors vets over younger players because the vets won't make a mistake. Decisions to use Albert McClellan as an OLB rushing the QB versus a rookie in Judon. Harbaugh and his shitty coaching hires is the biggest culprit.

You are on crack if you think the conservative approach stems from having Flacco at QB. Harbaugh wants to run the ball, limit mistakes and big plays on defense. It has nothing to do with the QB. Harbaugh does not have an offensive system. We have changed it at least 5 times during his tenure. We have mixed and matched coaching philosophies. We have asked OCs to try and run another OCs system. We have had his buddy at OL coach even though he was a train wreck. With the offense it is more about poor coaching and lack of a scheme that maximizes the players strengths. Being conservative is a bigger issue on defense where he prefers a bend but don't break defense. Where he favors vets over younger players because the vets won't make a mistake. Decisions to use Albert McClellan as an OLB rushing the QB versus a rookie in Judon. Harbaugh and his shitty coaching hires is the biggest culprit.
    SPOT ON Assessment. I couldn't have said it better!

Can't argue with that.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've drafted one blue chip player this decade (Jimmy, who's always injured). You can throw KO in there as well actually.

"More than enough talent to make the Playoffs" is a gross exaggeration imo. Two of our five best players are on special teams.