Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Zrebeic on Harbaugh not wanting "alphas" on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    Overblown? Probably.
    An issue? Yeah, I think so.

Harbaugh wants or tolerates alphas.
    The problem is that he doesn't develop them; he imports them.

It's one thing to tolerate or extol alpha personalities from 30 year old future hall of famers. It's another to develop or nurture alpha persoanlities from 25 year olds who are still likely to make costly mistakes. One can fall back on his resume; the other sits on the bench.

I find it difficult to imagine that a rookie Ed Reed who makes a mistake because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time gets the same latitude under Harbaugh that he did under Billick to develop into a great player who is “wrong” place at the right time.

I think Harbaugh wants Steve Smith's alpha traits at age 30 but not at age 25.
    Great points. Who can we identify and say he's developed during his 10 year tenure?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I don’t buy that. The Harbaugh brothers are the biggest hypocrites when it comes to players behavior off the field. Don’t let that holier than thou public persona full you. Both of them will turn a blind eye of it means keeping a player playing.

What they won’t stand for are players that are undisciplined on the field. Players must know their responsibility and not make mistakes which is why John defaults to veteran players. Ultra conservative
    This is true sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    Overblown? Probably.
    An issue? Yeah, I think so.

Harbaugh wants or tolerates alphas.
    The problem is that he doesn't develop them; he imports them.

It's one thing to tolerate or extol alpha personalities from 30 year old future hall of famers. It's another to develop or nurture alpha persoanlities from 25 year olds who are still likely to make costly mistakes. One can fall back on his resume; the other sits on the bench.

I find it difficult to imagine that a rookie Ed Reed who makes a mistake because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time gets the same latitude under Harbaugh that he did under Billick to develop into a great player who is “wrong” place at the right time.

I think Harbaugh wants Steve Smith's alpha traits at age 30 but not at age 25.
    So you are arguing that Harbaugh wants beta cucks on his team?

I feel Marlon Humphrey is gonna be our next alpha dawg. Kid has tons of swagger. I would have loved to see Osemele and Jensen stay because they have those traits too.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Everybody loves to come up with a conspiracy theory because it makes them feel smarter than everyone else. Reality just isn't as fun.
    this is so true for so much in life...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    So you are arguing that Harbaugh wants beta cucks on his team?
    My post's third sentence answers the question.

This again? Really? It gets no less stupid and wrong as time passes.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Develop alpha traits? I don't think so.

People are born with it, you don't develop it.

If we have been lacking alphas it is because we haven't drafted them.

And if it is developed it happens at a young age in the home. 20+ somethings have pretty set personalities by then.

A lot of people are taking their eyes off the prize. We don't really care about personalities, good deeds, or great happy locker rooms. We care about what players can do to maximize point production, and minimize the surrendering of points. And if we can time the points so that we come ahead 75% of the time or more, that's pretty ideal as well.

If type A, type B, type Z, type Omega, type 11, you name it guys can come in and help us win football games does it really matter? What do I care if they're great off the field, or great in the locker room. I don't care what crap they do when they're half naked, that's on them. Just put on your uniform, and play great football. Score points if you're on offense, block if you're a line-man, and prevent the other team from getting in the endzone or kicking goals if you're on defense. Its a pretty simple formula when it comes to evaluation. Stop getting so involved in their personal lives. Worry more about X's and O's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaudeville View Post
    "Such an overblown and faulty storyline. Harbaugh wants all alpha males out. Yet they sign guys like Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, keep Suggs and Yanda, and sign Weddle and Crabtree. Are those guys not alpha males?"

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/s...757603840?s=20
    What ever reason you choose to believe neither one changes the facts that Harbaugh (Hasn't developed any of those type of guys) and the only other Fact is we used to have a roster full of those types and now there really isn't many and yes (The others were brought in as Free agents and seemed like that prior).

Steve Smith - Alpha? Sure absolutely. Good leader on and off the field but had STeve Smith started his career under Harbaugh. He might not have been so content with the losing lately and been so humble and graceful for his short term here.

Mike Wallace? Sorry he doesn't seem like Alpha to me. Maybe Diva.

Suggs( Wasn't drafted or developed by Harbaugh)

Yanda ( was drafted in the Billick era) Great player but he might not be the leader on the field you are referring too.

Honestly I don't think Its the Alpha type leader issue Harbaugh has with the Pollards of the world, its the outspoken questioning his coaching ability that seems to be the problem.

Giving credit to Jeff Zrebec for discrediting the notion is no different than giving credit to Preston (If he was the one who started it). Both are media, both are going to say off the wall stuff to get traction for their story.

If you believe Boldin was traded over money when Ozzie just embarrassed the shit out of himself with the Ryan Grant Fiasco well I guess you will believe anything the front office tells you.

Harbaugh is a great motivator for a winning team after a tough loss. Where his luster seems to fall off and his message comes up short, is during a season in which there is way too much losing. It becomes the same ol' same ol' rhetoric that falls on def ears. It grinds on a team mentally. Especially, when a team is doing everything you ask of it, to the best of their ability, and they still come up short. The lack of confidence builds in what you're preaching. We need an old school, expect nothing but the best, don't give a shit about your feelings, all up in your face, lets kick the other teams ass to pair with Harbaugh's Kumbaya. We need more dogs barking to get that swagger back. Not just a solo wolf yelping a lonesome tune.

Harbaugh want's to be the Alpha and neuter anyone that challenges his position. That's how it appear at least. The problem is, when you're the Alpha and you're losing, people get tired of buying into your bullshit.

Blog Entries

I don’t care about any of this bs. Bottom line for me is results and harbaughs record since the sb speaks for itself. Harbaugh isn’t getting it done recently.