Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Zrebeic on Harbaugh not wanting "alphas" on the team

"Such an overblown and faulty storyline. Harbaugh wants all alpha males out. Yet they sign guys like Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, keep Suggs and Yanda, and sign Weddle and Crabtree. Are those guys not alpha males?"

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/s...757603840?s=20

Blog Entries

Re: Zrebeic on Harbaugh not wanting "alphas" on the team

They go out of their way to look for leaders. One of their favorite traits for lower round guys is being a team captain. One of the reasons they picked up McClellan -- we was a team captain at Marshall. That's just one example, but if anything, they want that.

What they avoid, and all teams should, is poisonous locker room cancers/distractions, like Ryan Leaf or Martavis Bryant.

its such a ridiculous story line spread by Mikey bag O donuts and the Pollard fanboy clown Norris. Ed Reed and Ray were toast Pollard was a problem and no longer a fit for the new sissified NFL and they wanted to keep Boldin at the right price. We've been mediocre for 6 yrs due to injuries, bad drafts, bad asst coaching hires and unexpected dead money

Blog Entries

It was Ray Rice that caused the organization to start highly scrutinizing every player. And irony is that Rice was squeaky clean before incident.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Overblown? Probably.
    An issue? Yeah, I think so.

Harbaugh wants or tolerates alphas.
    The problem is that he doesn't develop them; he imports them.

It's one thing to tolerate or extol alpha personalities from 30 year old future hall of famers. It's another to develop or nurture alpha persoanlities from 25 year olds who are still likely to make costly mistakes. One can fall back on his resume; the other sits on the bench.

I find it difficult to imagine that a rookie Ed Reed who makes a mistake because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time gets the same latitude under Harbaugh that he did under Billick to develop into a great player who is “wrong” place at the right time.

I think Harbaugh wants Steve Smith's alpha traits at age 30 but not at age 25.

but but but doesn't fit the narrative!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Everybody loves to come up with a conspiracy theory because it makes them feel smarter than everyone else. Reality just isn't as fun.

Be real; Ray Lewis never would have seen the field or had the same level of support from this organization had his incident occurred in this Harbaugh era

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    Be real; Ray Lewis never would have seen the field or had the same level of support from this organization had his incident occurred in this Harbaugh era
    And I believe while still under Art Modell's majority ownership. Billick had ownership's support in sticking with Ray.

I'm not 100% sure that Steve "pray for us" Bischotti would have done the same as majority owner.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    I don’t buy that. The Harbaugh brothers are the biggest hypocrites when it comes to players behavior off the field. Don’t let that holier than thou public persona full you. Both of them will turn a blind eye of it means keeping a player playing.

What they won’t stand for are players that are undisciplined on the field. Players must know their responsibility and not make mistakes which is why John defaults to veteran players. Ultra conservative

Someones digging up Pollard's quotes lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    And I believe while still under Art Modell's majority ownership. Billick had ownership's support in sticking with Ray.

I'm not 100% sure that Steve "pray for us" Bischotti would have done the same as majority owner.
    Exactly